Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Can't they both lose?
Discussion started by TonyTaff , 10 October, 2020 18:32
Can't they both lose?
TonyTaff 10 October, 2020 18:32
winking smiley

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Re: Can't they both lose?
Rolls 10 October, 2020 20:21
Typical! Was hoping for a Briz/ Barf final, ah well.

OldMarovian 11 October, 2020 08:52
It should make for an interesting final at least. Will be good to see if Wasps can break down what has become and incredible defence or whether Chiefs can keep their tryline unbreached and counter-punch like they did against Bath.

AP 11 October, 2020 09:01
I may actually find myself cheering on Wasps as playing the better brand of rugby!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

ComeOnSarries 11 October, 2020 10:37
I admire what Exeter have achieved and think they are clear favourites against Wasps but I will briefly be cheering for Wasps as their style of rugby is definitely more attractive to the eye and to be honest Wasps have so many other problems at present. Let’s see what the bond holders decide to do in the coming weeks as they could look to take control.

GazzaFez 11 October, 2020 11:57
The grunt and shunt grind fest machine Vs a team with some style and attacking flair is an easy choice for me, even though it is Wasps. They have improved their defending immeasurably and their back row is outstanding. BTW Jonny Hill was incredibly lucky not to be red carded. I guess it's too late for the citing officer to get involved now.

The Bard 11 October, 2020 14:46
Think it will depend whether Exeter are allowed to continuously go off their feet at rucks as they were against Toulouse and deny the Wasps back row sight of the ball.
I think Wayne Barnes has been a lot laxer on that than other refs since the resumption and I guess he is favourite for the final

East Terrace_Exe_Chief 11 October, 2020 15:06
Quote:
The Bard
Think it will depend whether Exeter are allowed to continuously go off their feet at rucks as they were against Toulouse and deny the Wasps back row sight of the ball.

This is a common misunderstanding of the breakdown laws. Wayne Barnes explains it very well in this video. This is why Exe do not get pinged.

[youtu.be]

TOKS 11 October, 2020 16:14
A team with a long and proud (and successful) history, an attacking brand of rugby and a few supporters who (mainly jokingly) dislike us versus a team with a mind-numbing brand of rugby and a chairman who actively tried to put us out of business.

It's not a tough choice really.

Totally agree with the sealing-off comments, by the way. Based on yesterday's performance I'm not sure Luke Pearce is the best at policing it either. Sadly the RFU, in their infinite wisdom, managed to get rid rid of the best referee we currently had. Maybe Karl Dickson is the best of the rest? However whilst Wayne ("Whats a TMO?") Barnes is on the scene, he will probably get the gig.

nedrichards 11 October, 2020 16:33
Was interesting seeing Eddie Jones' comments about sealing off in the Premiership breakdown vs Super rugby and Top 14 for sure.

at-sarrie 11 October, 2020 16:41
[www.theguardian.com]

this article may change a few minds, for me its embarrassing from an Exeter point of view and some of the comments are a little pathetic especially from Baxter and Armand

find it impossible to see how anyone could root for chiefs, regardless of whether they are justified in their anger or not, baxter and rowe have acted with no class or dignity in the last few months, to show im not just taking offense of the comments they have made about sarries, the way they have handled

1-Situation with the flybe employees
2-Cultural appropriation
3-Attack against northampton for having a genuine need to bring in a new loose head prop

makes them a very detestable club for me, again no disrespect to Chiefs' fans who are largely a likeable bunch but I cant show any goodwill to your club whilst Baxter and Rowe are a part of the club, similarly im sure its the same for Exeter fans when considering that while Wray and others are part of the club and fair enough

OldMarovian 11 October, 2020 16:45
I think maybe we should concentrate more on what's going right for us?

If the situation where reversed I'm sure many of us would feel exactly like Chiefs supporters and players.

All we can do is continue to support the club and be confident that when we come back up we will be playing on the same level field as everyone else.

darktagnan 11 October, 2020 17:26
East Terrace - I've watched the vid - what I still don't get is how an incoming player (or Ninja Turtle) is allowed to take out a player who has not yet joined the ruck. If he isn't yet bound or touching any other player he isn't part of the ruck & the player doing the takeout is offside if he is not part of the ruck but past the ball & is tackling a man without the ball in any event. There seems to be a double standard being applied re offside for defenders vs attackers.

Darraghgirl 11 October, 2020 21:10
Ok enough is enough
Trolls are being attracted so this thread is closed

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net