Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN
Discussion started by TheSaracens.com , 11 October, 2020 20:27
OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN
TheSaracens.com 11 October, 2020 20:27
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN
jonnybrowne 12 October, 2020 06:50
Wonderful piece of writing and a very fitting tribute to a great leader and a great man, DG - thank you.

Ive got something in my eye now...

Innings 12 October, 2020 11:18
You capture the man very well. No doubt about his being one of the most influential people who was ever at Sarries. No sportsperson is ever greater than their club, but some define their club's greatness.

I enjoyed the slight dig at the England set-up, and the nonsense about Sam Burgess and Brad. If things had been better handled, England would have not been the first home side ever to be KO'd in the pool stages of the RWC.

We are fortunate to have followed the journey.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

tpr's headmistress 12 October, 2020 11:29
Eloquent as ever DG; wonderful piece about an awesome bloke.

OldMarovian 12 October, 2020 15:44
Lovely piece of writing and whilst I don't expect we'll see his like again at Saracens, others will take up the mantle and leave their own mark. Legend of a player and man.

The Bard 19 October, 2020 20:12
Superb resume of a stellar career. Fitting that him and Robshaw going at the same time, two incredible servants for their clubs who unfairly took the brunt of the RWC 2015 fiasco.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net