Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Mark Lavery Ampthill Interview
Discussion started by Westrock , 12 October, 2020 16:26
Mark Lavery Ampthill Interview
Westrock 12 October, 2020 16:26

Re: Mark Lavery Ampthill Interview
OldMarovian 12 October, 2020 16:36
3 weeks ago so hard to know what if anything has changed but sounds like its probably going to need some Givernment money to make the Championship going ahead behind closed doors viable.

On a connected, but slightly more upbeat note, Robin Hislop talks about his time at Sarries. Shame we couldn't keep him and I hadn't appreciated he was only injury cover:
[www.rugbypass.com]

Westrock 12 October, 2020 17:14
I know itís 3 weeks old but I only just saw it and thought it might give us a bit of an idea when we might be able to watch live rugby! January 2021?

GazzaFez 12 October, 2020 20:23
Interesting that Mark Lavery said that they would need an 8 week lead time to be ready to play matches from when they are given the go ahead. Clearly, we would not need that as we're already playing. I can see that becoming a bit of an issue. Not much we can do about it though.

Egg Timer 14 October, 2020 09:00
Nothing any of us can do about it. Championship rugby, as you will get used to seeing, is a level of intense rugby but much reduced crowds in comparison to the premiership.

Coventry usually come closest to the largest attendance numbers other than the visiting premiership side, so is probably as close as you'll get to a busy environment by comparison with most prem grounds.

We're looking forward to welcoming Saracens and any travelling support as and when you (can) come, but all the Championship club players have been off work since March, so will need that 8 week notice to ramp back up to anything approaching match fitness levels. Any pre-season is usually 8 weeks, and that's after two month lay off, so after 8 months layoff, the fitness gap will be huge!

January feels good for a start though - new year, new beginnings and all that. (Boris, take note!!)

nedrichards 14 October, 2020 09:26
Indeed Egg Timer, there are active player safety reasons why you need a pre-season! Especially for anyone who's going to have Billy, Maro et al running at them. We'll look forward to the opportunity when it comes. Sarries are slightly more prepared than most sides who are in contention for promotion for the season after with the way our loans have been set up so even if things overrun the premiership a little it wouldn't be the end of the world for us. Could lead to a "London Welsh" type situation if someone else makes it up though!

maynas 14 October, 2020 11:05
Getting this Govt or any rugby authorities to think 8 weeks ahead suggests to me the league will never happen!

Dolph42 14 October, 2020 11:41
Also we mustn't forget that when clubs enter pre season players must be taken off furlough and Covid-19 testing (approx. £8,000 per week per club) must start. I would imagine that no one would be able to say that with 100% certainty the league will begin 8 weeks after pre season starts given the uncertainty we all live in, much less with crowds.

cwrich 14 October, 2020 23:20
Quote:
maynas
Getting this Govt or any rugby authorities to think 8 weeks ahead suggests to me the league will never happen!

Exactly

Fans at rugby matches in January ? Ainít going to happen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net