Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Wiggy, Manu, Jacko, Sean, Tim, Joel, Calim, Dom, Juan, Alex and Tom, .. Barbarians!!
Discussion started by 1876-Fez , 13 October, 2020 10:39
Wiggy, Manu, Jacko, Sean, Tim, Joel, Calim, Dom, Juan, Alex and Tom, .. Barbarians!!
1876-Fez 13 October, 2020 10:39
[www.saracens.com]

Well done... feel especially happy for Jacko..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 10:35 by 1876-Fez.

Re: Wiggy, Manu and Jacko... Barbarians!!
Sarriebone 13 October, 2020 10:54
Didn't see the Manu selection coming, hell of an honour for a player of his age

GazzaFez 13 October, 2020 10:55
Excellent news! The icing on the cake would be for Brad to be included in the next set of team announcements.

Roger G 13 October, 2020 11:23
Quote:
Sarriebone

They probably wanted a prop and asked BT Sport who to approach (Sm105).

tpr's headmistress 13 October, 2020 12:28
Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
Sarriebone

They probably wanted a prop and asked BT Sport who to approach (Sm105).

Yes, probably asked the double glazing salesman.

jonnybrowne 14 October, 2020 07:11
It’s great news - an honour for Wiggy, great showcase for Manu, and perhaps best of all some recognition, at long last, for Jackson.

Re: Wiggy, Manu, Jacko, Sean, Tim, Joel, Calim, Dom, Juan, Alex and Tom, .. Barbarians!!
1876-Fez 16 October, 2020 10:36
Wow...another 8 Saracens included..can they play in Black and Red!!

[www.saracens.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: Wiggy, Manu, Jacko, Sean, Tim, Joel, Calim, Dom, Juan, Alex and Tom, .. Barbarians!!
tpr's headmistress 16 October, 2020 10:54
Don't they just wear the club socks along with the Barbarians black and white strip?

GazzaFez 16 October, 2020 11:27
Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Don't they just wear the club socks along with the Barbarians black and white strip?

Yes that's the tradition although not always adhered to strictly.

This could turn out to be Saracens A Vs Saracens B!

I'm guessing that from a CV19 perspective having lots of players from one squad for the Barbarians helps, at least a bit.

AP 16 October, 2020 12:27
Jerry Collins wore Barnstaple socks, of course,

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

beshocked 16 October, 2020 13:53
Glen Jackson is going to assist Vern Cotter with the coaching too!

GerryK 16 October, 2020 14:44
Quote:
beshocked
Glen Jackson is going to assist Vern Cotter with the coaching too!
Manu should certainly benefit from his coaching

TonyTaff 16 October, 2020 15:51
Quote:
AP
Jerry Collins wore Barnstaple socks, of course,

Aye, players can wear the socks of any club they have represented.

Let's hope that many of our twelve choose Sarries' for their socks, but I would understand if they turned out in those of their first club.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Sarakene 17 October, 2020 15:32
It does have the look of Saracens Probables v Possibles about it!

Sarakene 17 October, 2020 15:34
We just need Max, Ben and Nick to be added...........possibly supplemented by Will Skelton!

jonnybrowne 20 October, 2020 13:34
So we’ve now got 17 Sarries involved in the game - brilliant to see Ali Crossdale in the England 34!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2020 14:45 by jonnybrowne.

OldMarovian 20 October, 2020 15:07
Am I the only one who is a bit uncomfortable about this Babas team?

Ofc it is brilliant to see Saracens players picked and I'd agree that players like Wiggle and especially Wray are good Babas additions but picking Saracens players en masse and then trying to marry them up with a handful of Fijians feels like a not especially complementary set of styles.

I know we've moved away from the days of the Babas being a pure entertainment and drinking team to one in which recent Coaches have actively targeted the win doing such un-Babas things as kicking points rather than touch and goes but I still feel their primary role is to entertain rather than win.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be good to see the boys out there regardless and I'm pleased for them. Maybe a few of them can even show Jones what he's missing?

AP 20 October, 2020 17:54
Has anyone seen a squad list for the Barbarians?

Anyway, I think there will be more than enough desire by whatever side is selected to give a good spectacle.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Eurosarrie 20 October, 2020 18:41
OM, I understand that the main reason for so many sarries is that all other "international" standard players are not able to travel from their home nation to the UK (that easily). Also, as most other "international" standard players are already "booked" to play this weekend, picking as many sarries players as is practical is about the best opportunity we have in putting on a show that may, at least give England a run out.

OldMarovian 20 October, 2020 19:51
Eurosarrie all very good points. Hopefully it's a decent game.

Premiership Holiday 21 October, 2020 08:57
It's somewhat irritating that one has to be a Murdoch funder to watch the match - might risk a trip to the pub (Sm128)

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

nedrichards 21 October, 2020 19:06
Seems as well that premiership rugby have blocked a lot of other local players (Brown and Robshaw for instance) from playing.

colinmiddx 21 October, 2020 21:35
It is on Sky Sports Mix which is available on Virgin at least without a Sky package.

nicsue 21 October, 2020 21:42
Quote:
jonnybrowne
So we’ve now got 17 Sarries involved in the game - brilliant to see Ali Crossdale in the England 34!

Must be up to 19 now with Ben Earle and Max Malins added to the England set up.

jonnybrowne 22 October, 2020 08:40
Quote:
nicsue
Quote:
jonnybrowne

Must be up to 19 now with Ben Earle and Max Malins added to the England set up.

I hadn’t seen that!

Sarakene 22 October, 2020 16:02
Last chance we’ll have to watch the majority of the team (including most of those loaned) on TV for some time! Better make the most of it. If the Championship happens I do intend to watch them live.........

Sarriebone 22 October, 2020 16:16
[twitter.com]
RFU are reviewing if Sunday’s game can go ahead after a number of Barbarians players left the team bubble without permission!

Please don't let it be any of our lads!

OldMarovian 22 October, 2020 16:50
Exactly what I was thinking Sarriebone. After the St Albans coffee incident I'd hope that they had more sense ...

Sarriebone 22 October, 2020 17:30
Barbarians desperately searching for replacement players who are guaranteed to have been in a Covid-free bubble. If they can't find enough the game is off.
England are likely to provide some players. Bristol were tested on Tuesday. Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy in camp.
They need 12 players.

jonnybrowne 22 October, 2020 18:24
Quote:
Sarriebone
Barbarians desperately searching for replacement players who are guaranteed to have been in a Covid-free bubble. If they can't find enough the game is off.
England are likely to provide some players. Bristol were tested on Tuesday. Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy in camp.
They need 12 players.

12???!! Was that how many were in the group that left the bubble??

tpr's headmistress 22 October, 2020 18:42
Perhaps they thought they could be two groups of 6 and remain legal. However I believe they'd signed a 'code of conduct' relating to Covid 19, which they have breached.

Sarriebone 22 October, 2020 18:54
That being said Chris Foy on Twitter is saying they need a lock and a winger

jonnybrowne 23 October, 2020 13:42
Game’s off. Doubtless that’ll be Sarries’ fault as well...

Adey 23 October, 2020 13:53
Quote:
OldMarovian
Am I the only one who is a bit uncomfortable about this Babas team?
Ofc it is brilliant to see Saracens players picked and I'd agree that players like Wiggle and especially Wray are good Babas additions but picking Saracens players en masse and then trying to marry them up with a handful of Fijians feels like a not especially complementary set of styles.

I know we've moved away from the days of the Babas being a pure entertainment and drinking team to one in which recent Coaches have actively targeted the win doing such un-Babas things as kicking points rather than touch and goes but I still feel their primary role is to entertain rather than win.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be good to see the boys out there regardless and I'm pleased for them. Maybe a few of them can even show Jones what he's missing?

Still definitely a drinking team.

Chris1850 23 October, 2020 20:17
Quote:
jonnybrowne

Well..........not the club, but a significant number of the club's players. Who else do you want to blame?

jonnybrowne 24 October, 2020 08:41
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
jonnybrowne

Well..........not the club, but a significant number of the club's players. Who else do you want to blame?

I take it you don’t do irony...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2020 13:53 by jonnybrowne.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net