Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Prem Final in doubt?
Discussion started by Sarriebone , 14 October, 2020 16:24
Prem Final in doubt?
Sarriebone 14 October, 2020 16:24
Exeter have returned no positive tests, however Wasps have returned 7 positive tests including 4 players.

[www.ultimaterugby.com]

Re: Prem Final in doubt?
Premiership Holiday 14 October, 2020 17:26
Exeter for the Covid Double?

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

jonnybrowne 14 October, 2020 18:09
Quote:
Premiership Holiday
Exeter for the Covid Double?

An asterisk rather than a star on their shirts next season??

AP 14 October, 2020 19:34
For within the hollow crown
That rounds the mortal temples of a king
Keeps Death his court and there the antic sits,
Scoffing his state and grinning at his pomp,
Allowing him a breath, a little scene,
To monarchize, be fear'd and kill with looks,
Infusing him with self and vain conceit,
As if this flesh which walls about our life,
Were brass impregnable, and humour'd thus
Comes at the last and with a little pin
Bores through his castle wall, and farewell king!

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

AB 14 October, 2020 20:28
would be nice if exeter lost both

cwrich 14 October, 2020 22:22
Quote:
AB
would be nice if exeter lost both

Stay classy ... best side deserves to win. We of all clubs should know that

1876-Fez 15 October, 2020 08:44
Sounds like it's no player who played in semi final... perhaps academy?

I hope that they make a speedy recovery and have no long lasting problems.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Dave Berko 15 October, 2020 09:58
Quote:
1876-Fez

Very appropriate post. Thank you

jonnybrowne 15 October, 2020 14:57
Quote:
Dave Berko
Quote:
1876-Fez

Very appropriate post. Thank you

+1

OldMarovian 15 October, 2020 17:04
One thing I do find interesting about this situation is quite a few people, especially those with a yellow and black inclination, saying that this isn't the same as Sale. They're right it isn't. It's worse isn't it?
Probably fair to guess that the lack of photographic proof suggests the rumours of Sale mixing in Uni halls and partying up with Freshers was just that, rumours. So basically they has a false negative and so an infected person trained with the club at least half a week hence the huge number of cases.
7 cases for Wasps is more than the usual we have been having of a couple if that per club. Hopefully they are put under the same scrutiny that Sale were.

It's a real shame for them but we need to make sure these systems work and that means investigating out-breaks above the norm properly.

cwrich 15 October, 2020 19:49
But if a single false negative leads very quickly to 27 cases in a single club that supposedly has procedures in place to ensure that players train in small bubbles then there is something very wrong with the idea that the game ( ie rugby ) is safe to play ?

Squad partying in uni halls sounds very unlikely but some kind of spreading event still sounds very likely. Has the enquiry produced any results yet ?

boomer! 16 October, 2020 11:25
Quote:
cwrich
But if a single false negative leads very quickly to 27 cases in a single club that supposedly has procedures in place to ensure that players train in small bubbles then there is something very wrong with the idea that the game ( ie rugby ) is safe to play ?
Squad partying in uni halls sounds very unlikely but some kind of spreading event still sounds very likely. Has the enquiry produced any results yet ?

What enquiry?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

AP 16 October, 2020 12:34
RFU announced one on 5 October: [www.bbc.co.uk], also PHE.

All quiet since.

As you say, what enquiry?

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Sarriebone 16 October, 2020 14:51
Look like if Wasps can't play then Bristol take their place in the Prem Final

Premiership Holiday 16 October, 2020 16:47
Quote:
Sarriebone

They'll be nice and fresh after winning the Challenge Cup!! Regrettably I fear it's a step too far for them this year.

My wife has told me that she's considering ending our marriage due to my utter obsession with rugby.

I'm begging her for one more try!

jonnybrowne 16 October, 2020 17:38
Quote:
Sarriebone

Mrs Jonny’a just got home from work and told me it was on the radio while she was driving. I wouldn’t wish Wasps ill - for once in my life - but I would laugh if it was Bristol who achieved a double.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 19:54 by jonnybrowne.

Sarriebone 16 October, 2020 18:14
So in theory if the 11 other teams come down with the dreaded lurgy we could still win the title....(Sm1)

*disclaimer: obviously joking, don't wish it on anyone

Surbiton Sarries 19 October, 2020 13:12
4 more positives according to the BBC

OldMarovian 19 October, 2020 14:22
Quote:
jonnybrowne
I would laugh if it was Bristol who achieved a double.

Tbf that would be a pretty good metaphor for this entire season!

jonnybrowne 19 October, 2020 16:12
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
jonnybrowne
I would laugh if it was Bristol who achieved a double.

Tbf that would be a pretty good metaphor for this entire season!

Hahahaha! Like it...

Sorries2020 19 October, 2020 16:46
Bristol were well beaten in the semi by Wasps.

If Wasps cannot play, it wouldn't be right for their place in the final to go to Briz.

GazzaFez 19 October, 2020 16:54
Quote:
Sorries2020
If Wasps cannot play, it wouldn't be right for their place in the final to go to Briz.

Those are the rules. They were agreed by all clubs at the resumption of the season in August. For once PRL aren't making up the rules as they go along.

hertsman 20 October, 2020 09:13
It may be the rules, but there's your asterisk against this year's winners, whoever they are.

Surbiton Sarries 20 October, 2020 10:25
One more positive result will finish Wasps, according to the Telegraph.

boomer! 20 October, 2020 11:53
Quote:
GazzaFez
Quote:
Sorries2020

Those are the rules. They were agreed by all clubs at the resumption of the season in August. For once PRL aren't making up the rules as they go along.

If Brizzle recorded some Coviders, would Bath then be asked to fill in?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

TOKS 20 October, 2020 15:48
That's a pretty good effort. Having managed to get rid of the best team in the league they may now not be required to play the form team either.

They may have to order some bigger shirts so that they can fit all the asterisks on.

boomer! 20 October, 2020 16:41
Quote:
TOKS
That's a pretty good effort. Having managed to get rid of the best team in the league they may now not be required to play the form team either.
They may have to order some bigger shirts so that they can fit all the asterisks on.

Talking of asterisks, did you see wikki has asterisked 2 of our titles?

Sarriebone 20 October, 2020 17:15
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
TOKS

Talking of asterisks, did you see wikki has asterisked 2 of our titles?

Anyone can edit a Wiki page, so probably an Exeter supporter

OldMarovian 20 October, 2020 17:48
Quote:
hertsman
It may be the rules, but there's your asterisk against this year's winners, whoever they are.

This year has been an anomaly. Whoever wins there will be reasons why it was unlike other seasons. In the same way that you can only play the 23 that turn up on the day so to teams can only play the current set of circumstances. For some that's been hugely favourable for others very negative. We just have to move on and get on with it.

Roderick Flashheart 21 October, 2020 08:35
It's on !!

Never have I been so keenly following the health of the Wasps squad !

tpr's headmistress 21 October, 2020 09:09
They've been cleared to play - from BBC

Wasps cleared to play despite Covid cases

maynas 21 October, 2020 10:17
I like the last bit, “a fitting final at Twickenham”, yes with no fans, really fitting

OldMarovian 21 October, 2020 12:12
Good news that the game goes ahead. It sounds a bit like Wasps might be missing a few players because of having to isolate and like Racing last week they will have had a limited opportunity to train (I believe Racing said they weren't able to train at all?) so it's going to be tough. Hopefully it's a good game with what it's taken for it to go ahead.

RossM 21 October, 2020 13:47
Quote:
maynas
I like the last bit, “a fitting final at Twickenham”, yes with no fans, really fitting

And no cheating. See how long this post stays up.

TOKS 21 October, 2020 15:27
Quote:
RossM
Quote:
maynas

And no cheating. See how long this post stays up.

Well, salary-wise only between 2004 and 2006 and playing-wise a significant number of subsequent occasions when your scrum's been under pressure, but apart from that, none.

colinmiddx 21 October, 2020 19:13
My understanding is that 4 academy players that all live in the same house were the positive cases so hopefully this didn't impact the senior players training.

OldMarovian 21 October, 2020 19:50
Suggestions elsewhere that a number of senior players will miss out as they're isolating so if that was the case there's been a problem along the line that others have been exposed.

Surbiton Sarries 23 October, 2020 10:23
CMK is now Sir for this one as Barnes has the buig

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net