Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

J P Doyle article with a Brad B comment from him
Discussion started by tpr's headmistress , 15 October, 2020 20:04
J P Doyle article with a Brad B comment from him
tpr's headmistress 15 October, 2020 20:04

Re: J P Doyle article with a Brad B comment from him
Primavesi2 16 October, 2020 07:31
A breif mention for Huge as well.

JP is also on this weeks eggchasers podcast and comes across as a really decent bloke and a huge rugby fan. Worth a listen.

beshocked 16 October, 2020 10:11
I think sometimes it is underestimated how important it is for a captain to build a rapport with the refs and be respected.

It's why I don't think Farrell makes a good captain. Farrell is fine as someone who can encourage others by performing well but I don't think he's got what Brad Barritt has.

Brad going off vs Racing Metro was a big blow.

Sarries going into the future will need to keep trying to build future leaders. A team is about balance not just how skilled they are. Good discipline is an underrated skill.

A lot of leaders gone now - Wigglesworth, Kruis, Goode, Barritt.

Opportunities are there though.

boomer! 16 October, 2020 11:18
Quote:
beshocked
I think sometimes it is underestimated how important it is for a captain to build a rapport with the refs and be respected.
It's why I don't think Farrell makes a good captain. Farrell is fine as someone who can encourage others by performing well but I don't think he's got what Brad Barritt has.

Sarries going into the future will need to keep trying to build future leaders. A team is about balance not just how skilled they are. Good discipline is an underrated skill.

For a captain, my vote would go to Jamie George

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

beshocked 16 October, 2020 11:59
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
beshocked

England and Saracens - me too.

I generally prefer a forward as captain just in Brad Barritt, Sarries had a back with the mentality and physical presence of a forward.

No wonder Brad was so good at filling in as flanker in scrums when down to 14 men. I honestly can't remember too many lost scrums in those circumstances.

TonyTaff 16 October, 2020 15:43
Quote:

None of these guys try to get it wrong, and most of them are nice guys.

The interviewer asks about Wayne Barnes getting all but two Prem finals. One of the other two was Sarries against Saints - neither the ref nor the TMO covered themselves in glory.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 15:43 by TonyTaff.

jonnybrowne 16 October, 2020 17:56
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
beshocked

Id agree about Jamie although part of me thinks Jackson (despite not handling things too well at the Stoop).

I also see Tom Woolstencroft emerging as a future leader - hes done a good job when hes skippered the side this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 17:58 by jonnybrowne.

Roger G 16 October, 2020 21:02
Maro?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net