Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Ben/Max & Bristol
Discussion started by GerryK , 17 October, 2020 11:20
Ben/Max & Bristol
GerryK 17 October, 2020 11:20
Both Ben and Max are performing exceptionally well at Bristol, with MoM performances. Apparently they are enjoying the club culture and the city. I am sure that Bristol would be very interested in retaining their services. There is a risk that one or both could be tempted to leave and join Bristol despite their contracts with Sarries.

Re: Ben/Max & Bristol
tpr's headmistress 17 October, 2020 12:25
Ca sera sera - they have to do what's right for them.

HighlanderSarrie 17 October, 2020 12:49
Ca sera sera - they have to do what's right for them.

+1. They are putting in outstanding performances and are immensely talented young players. I look forward to seeing them perform like this for Sarries in a couple of seasons. But if it doesn't happen, I wish them well and will follow their careers with interest.

Earl was a clear MOTM for me last night.

Sarakene 17 October, 2020 16:23
No doubt we will be beset by trolls on this but it is both hugely amusing and frustrating for me that 2 players (almost fresh out of our academy) are now the BT Sport Challenge Cup final highlights backdrop for the “face” of Bristol. They also performed wonderfully in the final. Nevertheless, brilliant Bris I am genuinely happy for you all.

OldMarovian 17 October, 2020 18:48
One of the things that is a bit odd about this situation is everyone wants loyalty from their players and yet quite a few Bristol supporters seem to think after a couple of months with Bristol Earl and Malins would just walk away from Saracens.

Tbh I'd be gutted to lose either but equally there's no point keeping anyone who doesn't want to be at the club. The good news is Earl has already been very vocal about returning and both are players that could have a big impact on how we play and evolve in the future and they know how much they are rated by the coaches.

scrappydoo 17 October, 2020 19:04
At the end of the day, Saracens are still the loanees principal employer as that is who their main contracts are with. I assume Bristol et al have a contract with Saracens or a direct contract with the player and a covering contract with Saracens.

That said if any player no longer wanted to return, I wonder how the club would act. Contract v Players wish. Hope we never find out and all players want to return.

OldMarovian 17 October, 2020 19:07
Ashy wanted out when still under contract scrappy. We let him go.

scrappydoo 17 October, 2020 19:18
Quote:
OldMarovian

Forgot about that. Let's hope the scenario doesn't repeat itself.

jonnybrowne 18 October, 2020 11:53
Quote:
scrappydoo
Quote:
OldMarovian

Forgot about that. Let's hope the scenario doesn't repeat itself.

Agreed - Ashy was a different situation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net