Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PLAYERS WHO HAVE BLED BLACK AND RED
OVER THE YEARS BUT NONE MORESO THAN BRAD BARRITT
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES SKIPS"

Latest: SARACENS 17:17 BATH
Next: your guess is as good as mine

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV:

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Champions Final
Discussion started by maynas , 17 October, 2020 17:16
Champions Final
maynas 17 October, 2020 17:16
Hard to see Racing going anywhere if they give penalty after penalty away, could be a large score if they keep this suicidal style up. So easy for Exeter to get into the 22 and do what they do best. Racing need to attack from further out via Russel which they can do very well as per their first try. (and kick their conversions). Fascinating contradict of styles and a good game for the neutral just hope Racing dont give the game away with too many penalties, make Exeter earn the win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 17:27 by maynas.

Re: Champions Final
GazzaFez 17 October, 2020 17:40
I can't believe Racing haven't taken their 9 off already. Absolutely shocking.

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 17:51
Shocker of a decision, should have been a yellow!

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 18:32
Nigel Owens handing this to chiefs on a plate...

AB 17 October, 2020 18:41
Undeserved win by Exeter playing very boring brand of rugby
One silly mistake by Russell giving them the game

OhMaroItoje 17 October, 2020 18:43
“Hands away” and the clear side entry for the match deciding penalty. Nigel Owens yet again making a match deciding mistake...

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 18:43
When the ref calls "hand away it's a ruck" and you then proceed to hang on any normal ref would give a penalty against you....Not Nigel (as much as I usually rate him he had a shocker today) he awards the penalty the other way and relieves Ex of pressure on their try line...

Rudy McRude 17 October, 2020 18:43
Well done Exeter. To win the Champions Cup (without cheating) is a special achievement.

OldMarovian 17 October, 2020 18:44
Only caught the end of the game bit it seemed very exciting to me. Well done to Chiefs for their first Champions Cup final and top Silverware.

jonnybrowne 17 October, 2020 18:46
Congratulations to Exeter’s fans and players.

JL904 17 October, 2020 18:49
Back under your bridge kiddo.

First post for 3 1/2 years. Hmmmmm

Chris1850 17 October, 2020 18:53
Well done Exeter. Thoroughly deserved

Adey 17 October, 2020 18:55
Well played Chiefs, deserved winners in a cracking final.

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 18:57
It's interesting how other team's fans feel the need to come on our board to congratulate Exeter...

AB 17 October, 2020 19:00
Quote:
Chris1850
Why thoroughly deserved?
Turgid team

Nosher1979 17 October, 2020 19:02
Quote:
Rudy McRude
Well done Exeter. To win the Champions Cup (without cheating) is a special achievement.
European cup award for ‘dick of the day’ goes to you Rudy.

Nosher1979 17 October, 2020 19:03
Quote:
Sarriebone
It's interesting how other team's fans feel the need to come on our board to congratulate Exeter...
I would suspect it’s a form of ‘rubbing the puppies nose in to it’s own ‘ isn’t it?
Let them come, we will be back soon and the trophies back too.
Once a Saracen always a Saracen, 44 years support and more I hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 19:07 by Nosher1979.

OldMarovian 17 October, 2020 19:09
It's a fairly sad reflection of their lives tbh. Much easier to pity than condem them.

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 19:12
It's quite telling that Nigel Owens is trending on Twitter, and not it a positive way.

ninjafez 17 October, 2020 19:12
English double, happy with that smiling smiley

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Nosher1979 17 October, 2020 19:16
His was not a good master class today. It’s always the Nigel show with him.

Sorry Sarrie 17 October, 2020 19:26
Well done Exeter. When Baxter said his nerves were on before half time goodness only knows how he felt during the last 10. Nice to see them using the Saracens tactic of winning with 14 men too.

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

maynas 17 October, 2020 19:46
I thought it was a greatly entertaining final, loads of incidents to discuss after, loads of tries, great rugby and fericious defence. Seemed sad one side had to lose but well done Exeter. So sad this final was played without fans, it would have been an amazing atmosphere. Wonder how Russel feels after throwing that stupid pass for the intercept?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 19:49 by maynas.

flavman 35 17 October, 2020 20:41
Wish racing had played like that against us

The Bard 17 October, 2020 20:56
Nigel seemed to be keeping Exeter on their feet at rucks more than most, but seemed to miss any number of no-arms tackles

Chris1850 17 October, 2020 21:47
Quote:
AB
Quote:
Chris1850
Why thoroughly deserved?
Turgid team

Because they outplayed Racing in a very entertaining match, which could have gone either way.

AB 17 October, 2020 21:59
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
AB
Quote:
Chris1850
Why thoroughly deserved?
Turgid team

Because they outplayed Racing in a very entertaining match, which could have gone either way.
They did not outplay them they outbored them

Chris1850 17 October, 2020 22:01
Quote:
AB
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
AB
Quote:
Chris1850
Why thoroughly deserved?
Turgid team

They did not outplay them they outbored them

Yawn. Take that plank off your shoulder

AB 18 October, 2020 17:57
Turgid play by Exeter very boring

TV 18 October, 2020 22:10
Stay classy Tony

Roderick Flashheart 19 October, 2020 09:18
Entertaining match - fine margins between the two sides meant it could've gone either way.

- if those kicks had gone over
- if that 'optimistic' pass hadn't have been intercepted etc etc then trophy would be in France today.

Zebo took his chances well considering the work he had to do once he had the ball

But - well done Exeter !

nedrichards 19 October, 2020 10:58
Winning a champions cup is always deserved - it's a very hard competition to win and often comes down to incredibly small margins. Certainly this was a more entertaining game for the neutral than our win over Racing in Lyon (although as a non-neutral I enjoyed that game considerably more). Well done Exeter - I'll be interested to see what they have left in the tank for next week (or if the example of Sale Sharks means there won't be the "hangover effect" that there might otherwise have been).

Primavesi2 19 October, 2020 11:27
Fantastic game for a final and a worthy winner. Exeter have been the best team in Europe this season and deserve to do the double. Amazign acheivement considering they only got promoted 10 years ago (and surely another nail in the ring fencing cofin).

Not having any European rugby will be very strange next season. Always look forward to the champions cup draw and planning a French away trip. Jersey will have suffice I guess but not quite the same as a packed out stadium in Toulon or Clermont!

boomer! 19 October, 2020 12:23
Quote:
Nosher1979
Quote:
Rudy McRude
European cup award for ‘dick of the day’ goes to you Rudy.

+1

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Coughie 19 October, 2020 12:42
Well played Exeter.

And if the Championship ever starts up again, then Saracens can look forward to lunch at 'Honest Burgers' in Ealing Broadway before taking the bus up to Ealing's ground on Vallis Way...

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

boomer! 19 October, 2020 12:49
Quote:
Coughie
Well played Exeter.
And if the Championship ever starts up again, then Saracens can look forward to lunch at 'Honest Burgers' in Ealing Broadway before taking the bus up to Ealing's ground on Vallis Way...

?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

jonnybrowne 19 October, 2020 13:19
Quote:
Coughie
Well played Exeter.

I am really confused...

Coughie 19 October, 2020 13:40
Don't be.

~ You never knowingly let the facts get in the way of the story. ~

jonnybrowne 19 October, 2020 14:27
Quote:
Coughie
Don't be.

It’s my age....

wolfgangvonb77 20 October, 2020 13:27
Cougie has a job as a comedian now @honest burger hahahaha

TOKS 20 October, 2020 16:57
Quote:
Sarriebone
When the ref calls "hand away it's a ruck" and you then proceed to hang on any normal ref would give a penalty against you....Not Nigel (as much as I usually rate him he had a shocker today) he awards the penalty the other way and relieves Ex of pressure on their try line...

Watched it again just now and it really doesn't get any more apparent how he came to that decision. There are actually three other decisions which are more likely than the one he gave. That was the least likely one he could have.

Up there with the bizarre one at Coventry all those years ago, as it has actually changed the result of the game.

boomer! 20 October, 2020 17:39
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
Sarriebone

Watched it again just now and it really doesn't get any more apparent how he came to that decision. There are actually three other decisions which are more likely than the one he gave. That was the least likely one he could have.

Up there with the bizarre one at Coventry all those years ago, as it has actually changed the result of the game.

Whether you agree with the laws or not, Nigel does explain his decisions on Twitter.
Regrettably I am not savvy enough to know how to do a Twitter link here.

Sarriebone 20 October, 2020 18:20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net