Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
BRISTLING WITH INTENT? BRISTOL V BATH. Team Now Up!
Discussion started by Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged), 15 October, 2019 08:49
Comeonmylovers.co.uk
Comeonmylovers.co.uk
15 October, 2019 08:49
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2019 07:09 by P G Tips.

opti
Optimist
15 October, 2019 11:19
Notwithstanding the fact we are missing Ant, JJ, Ruaridh, Joe C, Roko, I'm seriously underwhelmed at the thought of that backline. Stodgy doesn't even begin to describe it.

What about Willison? Max Wright? Is Chris Cook not in the picture?

Our Academy backs appear to consist of four 18-year olds.

I'm starting to hope that England get beat on Saturday morning.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 October, 2019 12:20
Am I right in thinking that the England lads get 4 weeks rest after the RWC or is that just spread over the year? Either way, with the RWC and 6N we will probably get 10 Bath games from them this season - lets hope the remaining backs up their attack and defence when compared with the recent games.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

copester
copester
15 October, 2019 12:28
Is Ellis injured again?

adopted player 19/20. Max Wright
18/19. Cooper Vuna.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 October, 2019 12:34
From Somerset Live:

Bristol Bears are on the search for a top international fly-half according to the latest reports.

The Rugby Paper reports that Bristol Bears director of rugby Pat Lam has enquired about the availability of Leicester Tigersí incumbent England number 10 George Ford.

I would take him back, for sure (not sure he would take Bath back mind you)...

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck
15 October, 2019 12:49
PG Tips - rested for the cup, back for the big games.

opti
Optimist
15 October, 2019 13:40
Quote:
BathMatt53
The Rugby Paper reports that Bristol Bears director of rugby Pat Lam has enquired about the availability of Leicester Tigersí incumbent England number 10 George Ford

That would appear to be one of the duffest bits of rumouring ever.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 October, 2019 13:53
he is out of contract, so not outside the realms of possibility? 'can we speak with George Ford please?' 'No.'

gaz59
gaz59
15 October, 2019 13:57
There's more chance of Johnson saying "sorry" than Bruce opening arms for George to return

But why and how would Bristol be looking for someone of George's class giving they've got Madigan on big money and hasn't Sheedy just signed a new contract?

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
15 October, 2019 14:29
Must of missed the news but what is wrong with Roko, Ellis, Catt, and how bad is De Glanville's knee, and when can we expect them back?

Also, is Willison crocked again and is Cook fit? Surely, he must be on the bench over Fox?

Hope Homer remembers to touch the ball down this season!

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 October, 2019 15:23
Quote:
gaz59
There's more chance of Johnson saying "sorry" than Bruce opening arms for George to return
But why and how would Bristol be looking for someone of George's class giving they've got Madigan on big money and hasn't Sheedy just signed a new contract?

Madigan is out of contract at the end of the year, like George Ford is (and Freddie). Madigan is reportedly on an extremely generous wage and not really justifying it at Bristol.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
15 October, 2019 16:42
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Must of missed the news but what is wrong with Roko, Ellis, Catt, and how bad is De Glanville's knee, and when can we expect them back?
Also, is Willison crocked again and is Cook fit? Surely, he must be on the bench over Fox?

Hope Homer remembers to touch the ball down this season!

No offy injury briefing this week but mention of Roko is that he is training but will wait to confirm no reaction to this. Willison went off for HIA last week and given previous history of concussion is unlikely to be risked. Cook is not injured and should be in the 23. Ellis played about half the game on Friday before being subbed, looked planned not an injury so should be in for consideration at least for the bench.
No update on TDGís knee.

memnoch70
memnoch
15 October, 2019 17:26
A good preview, only thing, your suggested Bears team has Pisi and Crane. Crane is injured and Pisi now plays in Japan.

P G Tips
P G Tips
15 October, 2019 18:48
Thanks memnoch.

Who would you suggest takes their places/

PG

Hercules Spoons
Hercules Spoons
15 October, 2019 19:27
PG, I agree with memnoch regarding your summary but thereís so much I disagree with about your suggested selection list
However, I would volunteer Eden (no 10 v Bath Utd at the Rec last year) and Joyce ( Bristol boy via our Academy) might feature with a re-arrangement of the second and back rows and the bench
Itís going to be a fascinating contest

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
15 October, 2019 19:43
Well we know the Sir and his assistant Sirs!

Ref: Tom Foley
Asst Refs:†Jack Makepeace & Simon McConnell
TMO:†Stuart Terheege
Citing Officer:†Nick Wood

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2019 19:44 by CoochieCoo.

memnoch70
memnoch
15 October, 2019 20:41
Quote:
P G Tips
Thanks memnoch.
Who would you suggest takes their places/

PG

Hamilton for Crane
As Hercules spoons said Eden for Pisi

Also you have 8 ďfinishersĒ for Bath and only 7 for Bristol so perhaps Add S Piatau as well

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
15 October, 2019 20:57
I can see us adopting a forwards dominated game plan together with two attritional centres given the personnel likely to be available & its success against Gloucester. Although not pretty it makes perfect sense though whether it is a winning formula remains to be seen.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 October, 2019 21:15
Not sure we will be able to bully vui, Attwood, Hughes, luatua in the same way that we did the Glos kids.

ballsout
ballsout
16 October, 2019 13:22
I'd be very surprised if we win this game.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
16 October, 2019 13:36
Quote:
ballsout
I'd be very surprised if we win this game.

The cards are certainly stacked against Bath. First game of the season can always be a bit odd which adds to the mystery, but for certain Bath need to step up in quite a few areas of the game if they are to get a positive result.

opti
Optimist
16 October, 2019 13:38
Priestland being fielded for media today, so assume he is starting. At least if Freddie was starting there would be the chance of something interesting happening, albeit unlikely to change the result. Itís not the lack of hope I canít stand, itís the despair at how predictably dull we are going to be in defeat.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
16 October, 2019 13:58
Need to change your name Optimist!

opti
Optimist
16 October, 2019 14:05
Quote:
BathMatt53
Need to change your name Optimist!

Yes, henceforth I want to referred to as 'boptimist'

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
16 October, 2019 15:54
A LBP will be an excellent result for Bath.

warrenball
warrenball
16 October, 2019 17:22
This time last year we were playing Bristol in the first match and confidently expecting not just a victory but a bonus point as well and managed somehow to gift Bristol the game, against all the odds. This year is very different, certainly we have lost players to the World Cup, but that happens to good teams, I wonder if Exeter or Saracens supporters are hoping for an LBC, somehow I doubt it.

Maybe we will confound our fears and come up with a win, but, like Optimist, what worries me most is being dull and predictable. Defeat I can cope with but I do prefer to stay awake for most of the match and do not want to rely on our opponents to keep my attention.

ballsout
ballsout
16 October, 2019 18:02
Bristol are a very impressive outfit under Lam, they're hardly missing any players, we're missing over a dozen big names. Shame it won't get any easier the week after, Exeter at home.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
16 October, 2019 18:42
.......then a revitalised Wasps away and a vastly improved Saints at home. How many league wins are there for us to enjoy and what position will we be then?

Then we are into Europe- Ulster away!.

Oh dear. Mr Hooper will have to earn his stripes and fast. As I understand it, any returning player from the WC has to have at least 2 weeks off. We could be in very deep water by then if that is the case.

The Jink Joseph.

TomReagan
TomReagan
16 October, 2019 19:38
Think I'll read the Brexit thread for some light relief!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
16 October, 2019 20:06
Quote:
TomReagan
Think I'll read the Brexit thread for some light relief!

(Sm22)

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

P G Tips
P G Tips
17 October, 2019 11:01
Team Up:

Bath Rugby team to face Bristol Bears

15. Tom Homer

14. Aled Brew

13. Max Clark

12. Max Wright

11. Levi Davis

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Will Chudley

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Christian Judge

4. Josh McNally

5. Charlie Ewels (c)

6. Mike Williams

7. Tom Ellis

8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Lewis Boyce

18. Will Stuart

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Josh Bayliss

21. Chris Cook

22. Freddie Burns

23. Jamie Roberts

PG

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 October, 2019 11:02
[edited as PGT posted first]

Interesting selection. The two Max's need to seriously up their D since the Tigers game. Stooke on the bench? Surprised no Batty

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 11:04 by BathMatt53.

P G Tips
P G Tips
17 October, 2019 11:05
Agree Matt

It looks more enterprising in the 3Qs than some above feared. I hope that the weather does not demand a conservative approach, but would still not be surprised to see one.

I actually believe Hoops wants an expansive game but needs first to get the security of possession as foundation.

P G Tips

Levi Davis: my adopted Player, 2019-20.

Shadders
Shadders
17 October, 2019 11:09
Brizzle;

15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Piers OíConor, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Mat Protheroe; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Andy Uren; 1. Jake Woolmore, 2. Harry Thacker, 3. John Afoa, 4. Dave Attwood, 5. Joe Joyce, 6. Steven Luatua (c), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Nathan Hughes.

Replacements: 16. Shaun Malton, 17. Yann Thomas, 18. Max Lahiff, 19. Chris Vui, 20. Jake Heenan, 21. Harry Randall, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Alapati Leiua.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
17 October, 2019 11:16
That's a powerful Bristol team but their 9/10 selection seems to be their weakest link, we need to harry Uren/Sheedy and disrupt their game management. Very much looking forward to the game but not one I expect us to win after seeing the two selections. COUB!!

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 October, 2019 11:20
Quote:
Clarkey3k
That's a powerful Bristol team but their 9/10 selection seems to be their weakest link, we need to harry Uren/Sheedy and disrupt their game management. Very much looking forward to the game but not one I expect us to win after seeing the two selections. COUB!!

My bookie agrees with you - just went up from Bristol 3 point win to Bristol by 5 after the team announcements.

clutch
clutch
17 October, 2019 11:32
When is Faletau available for you guys or is that a great unknown?

opti
Optimist
17 October, 2019 11:53
Thatís a monstrous Bath pack. Praying for a lot of rain now and for Priestland to reprise his Sarries (iirc) performance. In terms of entertainment I may just take the opportunity to rearrange my sock drawer though.

gaz59
gaz59
17 October, 2019 12:53
An away match, missing so many key players and facing pretty much a full strength Bristol squad. I can take putting entertainment on the back burner

Keep it tight in play and in score going into last 10 and hope for Brizzle errors trying to force the pace too much

A LBP would be no disgrace but if we are aiming at 100% home record with 3 or 4 away wins to get top 6/sniff of top 4 and this isn't one of those then where are the others likely to come from?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
17 October, 2019 12:53
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Clarkey3k

My bookie agrees with you - just went up from Bristol 3 point win to Bristol by 5 after the team announcements.

I think your bookie is being rather generous to Bath.

Ignoring the obvious quality difference in coaching, the Bristol team even looks stronger on paper. I believe that in all likelihood Bath will lose by 12+ because of Bath's absence of any meaningful defensive structure.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 October, 2019 13:03
Quote:
OutsideBath

I think your bookie is being rather generous to Bath.

Ignoring the obvious quality difference in coaching, the Bristol team even looks stronger on paper. I believe that in all likelihood Bath will lose by 12+ because of Bath's absence of any meaningful defensive structure.

Just checked and Skybet, BET365 and William Hill all have them by 5 (not that I have a betting issue or anything). Bristol by 15 or more gets you 4/1.

ballsout
ballsout
17 October, 2019 13:20
Shocker, Premiership Rugby organising a match against a full strength Bristol side when we're missing tons of players. You'd think they'd put us against Sarries or Tigers or something, but no, let's even the game out and put it on tv.

warrenball
warrenball
17 October, 2019 13:54
Get over it BO, we will be missing players for various reasons throughout the year, the club are fully aware that they may lose players to international duty, it is one of the factors they put into the decision before deciding who to buy, it is not an excuse for losing

Awp24975
Awp24975
17 October, 2019 14:59
I actually agree a bit with BO on this one. Not using it as an excuse, however it is extremely frustrating that they have decided to play one of our biggest games when we have so many players away with England.

Not at all confident when look at the two teams, canít see anyone in our backs that would concern them. Just hope that catch and drive is working and Rhys has his kicking boots on.

21-9 to them, just hope Iím wrong.

ballsout
ballsout
17 October, 2019 15:12
Quote:
Awp24975
I actually agree a bit with BO on this one. Not using it as an excuse, however it is extremely frustrating that they have decided to play one of our biggest games when we have so many players away with England.
Not at all confident when look at the two teams, canít see anyone in our backs that would concern them. Just hope that catch and drive is working and Rhys has his kicking boots on.

21-9 to them, just hope Iím wrong.

It's been happening for years now. Premiership Rugby love even-ing games out like this. And of course, we're also playing Bristol at home during the 6 Nations (Sm16)

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck
17 October, 2019 15:55
The TV producers love this type of game too. I have a previous commitment tomorrow evening, but anyone watching on TV fancy counting how many times Hooper will appear on a long zoom camera shot during breaks in play?

He will probably be sipping from a bottle of water whilst a pundit mentions how new he is to the job and the pressure he will be under this season. His appearances on camera will be inversely proportional to any lead we might have in the game.

Good luck Stuart, I really hope it goes well.

gaz59
gaz59
17 October, 2019 19:02
Lam quoted "we have so many players available that selection has been a headache"

Jeez what would most other DoRs give for that problem

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
18 October, 2019 09:17
Since the consensus is that man for man they have the edge over us a lot will depend on how the various parts of our game have gelled during the pre-season under new coaches. So far there have been good & bad signs but it is difficult to tell properly with ever changing personnel. This is the first real test & should be marginally easier than the following two encounters so a win is important. It will also instil much needed confidence especially when there is so much negativity around. To achieve this we need to gain the upper hand up front, for Priestland to have one of his better games & for us to be alert & effective defensively. Bristol on the other hand will be thinking this is a match they can & should win. It calls for cool heads all round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2019 09:19 by Bath Hammer.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
18 October, 2019 10:31
On what we have seen pre this game, the bigger, stronger make up of the Bristol side plus greater experience in vital positions, Bristol should win this game with ease. Just hope Bath can make a fight of it but fear Bears have to much muscle, speed and power.

Bristol by at least 10- probably 15 to 20.

The Jink Joseph.

Ali1969
Ali1969
18 October, 2019 10:38
Like the look of that Bears outfit could be a long day at the office for our boys especially if they allow Bristol to get off to a flier like they did against Gloucester. If we play like we did against Tigers we'll it could be a cricket score. Really shocked to read Austin Healey had Bristol as his favourites for relegation.

We need to turn up and switch on fro the start - am concerned with our centre partnership and from the games I have watched this season our game plan or lack of it... Surely Hoops doesn"t really believe we can just outmuscle sides - Does he? Or do we have lots of secret plays held back from prying eyes.. God I hope so... Come on boys..

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 10:39
I donít agree that they have more muscle / power as a side - I think that they actually look pretty mobile and it would be their rapid (counter) attacking that Bath need to watch IMO. In terms of experience in key positions, I would have thought that RP and FB are a lot more experienced than their two 10s (one who appears to just be in long trousers).

opti
Optimist
18 October, 2019 11:02
I'm going to be pretty cross with Max Lahiff if he doesn't have at least brainf**t moment that costs them points. That would be very annoying indeed.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman
18 October, 2019 11:28
I just hope that the players perform like they mean it and as a team.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas
2019/20 Semesa Rokoduguni

MESSAGES->author
Jim H
18 October, 2019 12:16
Ah...stop talking Bristol up - it's unnatural!

It was a bit of surprise to Ioan in for Madigan.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull
18 October, 2019 14:57
Couldnít agree more Jim.
We have our first choice tight five, an England No.8 in the back row, our first choice half-backs (who are loads better than theirs), decent wingers (inc a Welsh international) and a top class 15, the centres are ok and our bench is better than theirs.
Canít see the problem, Bath by 12.

SQUAWK

Beergoggles
Beergoggles
18 October, 2019 15:15
Can somebody point me to the All Blacks second XV that are obviously playing in Bristol colours this evening given the negative comments on ERE ? I assume it's a significant step up from the names listed under the Bristol team post earlier in this thread ?

In the BBW we have the likes of Homer, Brew, Priestland, Chudley, Obano, Dunn, McNally, Ewells, Ellis and Mercer plus Burns, Roberts and Stooke on the bench. This isn't a David versus Goliath battle and we absolutely should be able to give it a real go tonight ...

If we play like drains and get a hiding it certainly won't be because of a disparity in the two team sheets.

Bristol by 15 Bath by 5

ballsout
ballsout
18 October, 2019 15:47
Quote:
sid the seagull
Couldnít agree more Jim.
We have our first choice tight five, an England No.8 in the back row, our first choice half-backs (who are loads better than theirs), decent wingers (inc a Welsh international) and a top class 15, the centres are ok and our bench is better than theirs.

SQUAWK

Yes because Bath always play to their ability on paper...

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
18 October, 2019 17:03
Quote:
sid the seagull
Couldnít agree more Jim.

SQUAWK

Lam v Hooper, Bath have no defensive structure.

Bristol by 12+

MESSAGES->author
FourSticks
18 October, 2019 17:24
Quote:
OusideBath
Lam v Hooper, Bath have no defensive structure.

Is Lam's Bristol really that much better defensively?

Last season Bristol leaked 76 tries in the league (second worst to Leicester), in fact, they had 4 or more tries scored against them in 10 of the 22 league matches. Further, their points against (580) was also the second worst in the league (again to Leicester). So, not quite sure where Lam's defensive track record is on display

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 17:37
They have a good attack, that vs a leaky defence (such as Bath vs Tigers with the same midfield) and we are in trouble. Luckily Iím sure itís something that they will have worked on non-stop since then. Then that moves to the toothless attack in that same game which I also hope they worked on!!

There is no doubt that Bath can win it on paper - they have to play a lot better than we have seen in the last month though.

opti
Optimist
18 October, 2019 18:45
... and if Attwood doesnít make at least one eye-catching break which leads to nothing Iíll be fed up with that too

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 18:48
As long as we have a good start weíll be....oh.

badger1664
badger1664
18 October, 2019 18:50
Looks like Hoopadder has charged off to a grinding halt ffsūüĎé

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 18:55
Mercer needs to go off before he does some proper long term damage. Get Stooke on and Ewels to 8 if necessary.

Midfield defence no better than a couple of weeks ago then. Good coaching that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2019 18:59 by BathMatt53.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 19:01
2 tries as a result of an injured Mercer. Why are we not changing him out?

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
18 October, 2019 19:02
We look awful, we'll do well to stay within 15 pts in this game

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 19:03
Echo the point on midfield defence...dreadful, gone backwards since last season. Our attack is so stodgy - why isnít RP driving us downfield?

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

JFPC
JFPC
18 October, 2019 19:03
At least we've found a novel way to lose.

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
18 October, 2019 19:07
Quote:
Optimist
... and if Attwood doesnít make at least one eye-catching break which leads to nothing Iíll be fed up with that too

Attwood pounced , Chudley poor for first try !

Who has been working on defence ? Following on from leaking tryís in Premiership cup itís happening again, huge gap for Hughes try!

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

ade1865
Ade1865
18 October, 2019 19:07
so what's up with Mercer?

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 19:09
Donít remember Bristol being this poor discipline wise...

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint
18 October, 2019 19:10
Quote:
ballsout
It's been happening for years now. Premiership Rugby love even-ing games out like this. And of course, we're also playing Bristol at home during the 6 Nations

Serious question, how should they arrange the fixtures? They're planned over a year in advance which means it's impossible to take injuries into account let alone possible form that results in International call-ups.

I'd have thought a local derby is a cracking way to start the season. Sometimes it will favour you sometimes it won't. Up until last season I think Sarries had played Chiefs in Internationals windows six times in a row. It's just one of those things unless you're just always looking for something to complain about (Sm151)

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 19:10
Crocked left knee very early doors. Heís getting better the more he stays on but us being targeted because of a known weakness. Smart exploitation from Bristol.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
18 October, 2019 19:12
Mercer try!!

ken_jnr
ken_jnr
18 October, 2019 19:12
Try Mercer! Great bit of line out work!

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
18 October, 2019 19:13
Mercer try ! Good job he stayed on (Sm128)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
18 October, 2019 19:14
Converted!

12 v 13

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 19:14
Quote:
Rawce
Hah, thatís shut you up hasnít it dickhead?

JFPC
JFPC
18 October, 2019 19:16
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
Rawce

Dunno, reckon he still owes another 5 points!

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 19:17
Well taken try by Mercer but still worried that he is going to be out for months if they keep targeting it.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 19:17
Was listening to the egg chasers podcast earlier previewing the season-love our back row and back three options- lots of teeth sucking about our half backs. Think thatís not a bad take...

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
18 October, 2019 19:20
Quote:
JFPC
Quote:
Rawce
Quote:
Rawce

Dunno, reckon he still owes another 5 points!

Chudley owes at least 5 points often leaving the ball exposed !

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 19:20
Fingers crossed JFPC

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 19:24
Hats off to Charteris - the lineout has been excellent so far this season (touching lots of wood).

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
18 October, 2019 19:31
HT

17 v 13 (bris try)

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
18 October, 2019 19:32
Whoeverís organising our defence needs help ! Oh wait itís ?? (Sm128)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 19:33
Defence is definitely the biggest concern-donít know if weíve changed our system but doesnít seem to have the same line speed and aggression we saw in our better defensive sets last season. Pleased with quite a lot of other parts of the game though to be fair, especially given the callow nature of a lot of the side.

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
18 October, 2019 19:35
Not a good first half really. We are lucky to be so close. The box kicks are awful, the ball is too slow and when we do have it we have no idea what to do with it.

We are getting caught short handed out wide almost every time when Bris attack

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 19:43
Quote:
Toast and Marmite
Defence is definitely the biggest concern-donít know if weíve changed our system but doesnít seem to have the same line speed and aggression we saw in our better defensive sets last season. Pleased with quite a lot of other parts of the game though to be fair, especially given the callow nature of a lot of the side.

Who is Callow? Most are pretty experienced arenít they? Davis and Max Wright OK...

ken_jnr
ken_jnr
18 October, 2019 19:54
Forwards look big, strong and direct. The lineout looks tidy. The attackIng and defensive systems look remarkably average. Less infuriating than the last two seasons so far IMO.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr
18 October, 2019 20:00
Still quite infuriating though.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 20:01
Ignore the knock on and forward pass for that try then?

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
18 October, 2019 20:02
That's forward and its also game over ..... we are gonna struggle this year based on this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2019 20:03 by supermarinematt.

stephen4944
stephen4944
18 October, 2019 20:03
Quote:
Rawce
Ignore the knock on and forward pass for that try then?
+1

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 20:07
Bad enough players making compound errors, but now the ref is

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
18 October, 2019 20:09
Bicep tackle = high tackle now then?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 October, 2019 20:09
It may be staring the obvious, but if we are going to concede a hatful of tries and not score many this season we are possibly going to struggle.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 20:10
Jesus and now the TMO having to school him...

stephen4944
stephen4944
18 October, 2019 20:11
You know you've had a bad rub when Austin Healey is backing us up twice in a row (try forward pass, and high tackle penalty)

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite
18 October, 2019 20:12
Urgh Priestland...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net