Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

plese use the train on friday night
Discussion started by TEDPITMAN (IP Logged), 16 October, 2019 05:01
TEDPITMAN
TEDPITMAN
16 October, 2019 05:01
If you are coming to the Gate by train on Friday night,
can you please purchase your train ticket to Parson Street.
Even if you don't use the Parson Street portion.
This will help in getting a new train station built nearer to the gate.

If you use the trains to Bristol Temple meads from any other railway station,
please purchase your tickets Parson street as its the same price,
but it push's up the footfall at Parson Street.

ilovebathtime
ilovebathtime
16 October, 2019 11:38
I wouldn't catch the train if I were you. Last year not everyone made it onto the train back and were stuck on the platform whilst they sourced a coach, I just made it on to a train, but my friend wasn't so lucky and ended up getting a taxi back with some other people.

It turns out a 2 coach train isn't sufficient for when Bath are playing Bristol.

If you are going to get the train, the penultimate train leaves too early if you walk back from Ashton Gate, so get a bus or a taxi

Hercules Spoons
Hercules Spoons
16 October, 2019 16:14
There is a special bus laid on from Temple Meads to Ashton Gate and back- see Bristol Rugby website

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck
18 October, 2019 08:06
Seeing as Parson Street station is already the nearest point to Ashton Gate from the rail line how would it be possible to create a new station closer without demolishing half of Bedminster to build new track?

Lee Bideaux
Armchair Fan
22 October, 2019 12:33
Portishead branch line planned to reopen to passengers in 2021.

Wiki

However, Ashton Gate stations not planned to reopen:

Wiki

I like turtles.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
22 October, 2019 23:24
Ashton gate station is due to be rebuilt not closed. The reference is Dec 2014, I expect there are more recent plans, good to see the old Portishead line reopening though.

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net