Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Premiership round 4
Discussion started by gaz59 (IP Logged), 08 November, 2019 21:54
gaz59
gaz59
08 November, 2019 21:54
Useful for us that wasps came away without losing bp but sure hipe Odogwu gets long ban. Not just what he did but his reaction to the no brainer red card

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
08 November, 2019 22:31
Quote:
gaz59
Useful for us that wasps came away without losing bp but sure hipe Odogwu gets long ban. Not just what he did but his reaction to the no brainer red card

Interesting Gaz, radio commentary stated that it was unjust and there would be no further action!
Can you enlighten us further?

Wasps conceded 21 penalties, that will take some beating!

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 22:33 by shipwrecked.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
08 November, 2019 23:19
He went up to take a catch, nowt wrong with that, then stretched out his leg for the full Kung fu straight into the face of Van Rensburg. Whether it was a red or not (reckless certainly) he was pretty odious walking off smiling and giving it to the crowd etc from what I could see (his old crowd of course).

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman
08 November, 2019 23:27
Clear as day Red. Went up then kicked out with a straight booted leg to the lads face.

Iíd be fuming if someone did that to me.

J

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
08 November, 2019 23:32
Ouch... has to be red surely if there is to be any consistency. How can a commentary team condone that?

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
09 November, 2019 03:36
Quote:
shipwrecked
Ouch... has to be red surely if there is to be any consistency. How can a commentary team condone that?

The commentary team didn't. They all said it was a straight red card. If Odogwu had just kept his knee bent, there would have been no problem.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
09 November, 2019 07:01
It looked at the first (real time) watch like he may have just jumped and can rensburg ran into him - the replays showed it was two movements, jump and catch the ball then straighten the leg and boot in the face. I guess the radio guys didnít have a clear view?

Dai said it was clear red for his player, Diamond said it was Ďinnocuousí.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
09 November, 2019 09:38
It was the clear second movement and the fact that he was looking at the guy he kicked. He didnít need to do it he had already secured the ball. Definitely a red in my book studs to face and jaw was lucky there was no eye contact.

gaz59
gaz59
09 November, 2019 10:08
Quote:
TG Kesmo
It was the clear second movement and the fact that he was looking at the guy he kicked. He didnít need to do it he had already secured the ball. Definitely a red in my book studs to face and jaw was lucky there was no eye contact.

Exactly but it was his mocking face as he was led away that must add to the sanction. Expect Dai to take him to one side and share a more wisely attitude to go with undoubted talent

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
09 November, 2019 12:58
Interesting to see Slade, Cowan Dickie and Nowell playing this weekend. Seems quite soon after landing and being away for so long.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
09 November, 2019 16:58
Foley in the Gloucs v Sarries game has clearly left his cards at home. About 10 pens against Sarries in own 22 only lead to a team warning. Weak, weak reffing.
12-21 with 4 mins left there.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
09 November, 2019 16:59
Wuss beat Quins away.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
09 November, 2019 17:20
Quote:
Dorset Boy
Foley in the Gloucs v Sarries game has clearly left his cards at home. About 10 pens against Sarries in own 22 only lead to a team warning. Weak, weak reffing.
12-21 with 4 mins left there.
Thought it was Maxwell Keys but you are entirely right dreadful reffing because Glos were pinged for offside loads of times and Sarries not. All we ask for is consistency and it was absent in that game.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
09 November, 2019 17:52
TGK - you're right, it was CMK, not TF.

gaz59
gaz59
09 November, 2019 20:48
Marshall try for Glaws must be on long list for try of season

Brilliant individual skill and at pace in not easy conditions

Much as I hate glaws I doff my cap at that

gaz59
gaz59
09 November, 2019 21:32
Yep Sarries got away with serial cynical offense without sanction on field but glaws had so much possession and did squat all with it so can have no complaints

gaz59
gaz59
10 November, 2019 15:41
Well currently Briz not looking like a very well coached team

17 - 0 down. No field position or pressure and throwing wild risky passes

Pilitau just loving kick tennis

Dull stuff

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
10 November, 2019 15:45
Irish tearing Tigers a new one at this point....

Edit: 34-6 at nearly FT to LI. I feel a bit dirty but actually feel sorry for Tigers fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 16:29 by BathMatt53.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
10 November, 2019 16:34
5 tries to 1, Irish thump Tigers.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
10 November, 2019 16:58
Great to see Exeter getting some of their own medicine AGAIN ! Well done Bristol.

gaz59
gaz59
10 November, 2019 17:06
Quote:
gaz59
Well currently Briz not looking like a very well coached team
17 - 0 down. No field position or pressure and throwing wild risky passes

Pilitau just loving kick tennis

Dull stuff

Yeah ok, a game of two halves there. Brizz thoroughly deserved a very good win. But a well coached side would have put then away. Shame on you Baxter

22Dropout
22Dropout
10 November, 2019 17:08
Bris top of table! Thought they looked a very decent side when they beat us - some very astute signings plus the Pat Lam factor!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
10 November, 2019 17:21
Quote:
22Dropout
Bris top of table! Thought they looked a very decent side when they beat us - some very astute signings plus the Pat Lam factor!

Depressing, but inevitable they were going to challenge with Lam in charge.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
10 November, 2019 17:42
Adding all that beef has certainly helped.

Exeter going from the 1 metre flops to chucking it around doesnít seem to have done their results any good, which is a real shame IMO - I was hoping that their expansive and attractive play would pay off.

[edited for Gaz!]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 19:53 by BathMatt53.

gaz59
gaz59
10 November, 2019 18:48
Quote:
BathMatt53
Adding all that beef has certainly helped.
Exeter going from the 1m flops to chucking it around doesnít seem to have done their results any good, which is a real shame IMO - I was hoping that their expansive and attractive play would pay off.

I first thought the reference to "1m flops" was a salary breach issue then realised it was metres and not millions [:wor kid:]

But jeez if the Sarries 35 point deduction sticks this years top dogs is going to be so hard to call and with Wuss and LI doing well who would bet against a big club going down

Love it, really do

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
11 November, 2019 09:52
Irish appear to be force to be reckoned with which is a surprise. My Xmas trip to the MadStad looks less like a jolly and more like a nail biter...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net