Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Premiership W/end 29/ 30/ 01
Discussion started by Dorset Boy (IP Logged), 30 November, 2019 16:40
DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
30 November, 2019 16:40
Tigers having their @#$%& handed to them by their nearest and dearest despite having their RWC contingent back.
A least we show a lot of huff and puff.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
30 November, 2019 17:17
Wales v BaaBaas was a good game to watch, why has Britts retired? We have a spot for him at 10 if he wants it!

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs
30 November, 2019 18:15
George Ford seemed supremely disinterested in the Saints game. Guess he’s saving himself for when Dad takes over (after the Chiefs game at Leicester).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2019 18:17 by callmeMrTibbs.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
30 November, 2019 18:22
I can’t see Murphy surviving a Daddy Ford / Borthwick sandwich.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

gaz59
gaz59
30 November, 2019 18:39
Looks like it could be between us, tiggers and wasps for the drop then

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
30 November, 2019 19:07
We are nowhere near as bad as Tiggers were today. If they can improve enough not to be relegation fodder then so can we,

cookiecrumble
cookiecrumble
30 November, 2019 20:03
Quote:
BathMatt53
Might not be a problem if Mike Ford is off to Fiji

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
30 November, 2019 20:27
Quote:
cookiecrumble
Quote:
BathMatt53
Might not be a problem if Mike Ford is off to Fiji

As attack coach for the team that currently has scored the fewest tries so far in the Prem this season, that’s probably a good thing for them.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865
30 November, 2019 20:43
Tigers look like they’re in trouble after getting hammered by that lot... and by ‘that lot’ I mean the team who we beat with 14 men!

gaz59
gaz59
30 November, 2019 21:09
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Tigers look like they’re in trouble after getting hammered by that lot... and by ‘that lot’ I mean the team who we beat with 14 men!

Just one big difference there. We were at home v Saints and tiggers were away

But it was a tonking Fords' team took even with their England players back

gaz59
gaz59
01 December, 2019 12:38
Big test for Quins, the surprise league position for me last year

Lose at home to Glaws would keep them 9th with just one win from 5 and firmly in the relegation mix

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
01 December, 2019 16:52
Quins sneak past Gloucester following Billy 12Ts missing a sitter.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
01 December, 2019 17:12
Good result for LI getting draw at Bristol, so relegation seems to be a straight fight between Bath, Tigers and Wasps.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
01 December, 2019 17:20
Quote:
OutsideBath
Good result for LI getting draw at Bristol, so relegation seems to be a straight fight between Bath, Tigers and Wasps.
Particularly as they played half the game with only 14 men!

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
01 December, 2019 17:28
Quote:
OutsideBath

Not a bit early to talk about relegation after 5 games? Bath have played Sarries, Exe and Northampton already.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
01 December, 2019 17:33
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

Not a bit early to talk about relegation after 5 games? Bath have played Sarries, Exe and Northampton already.

Not at all, I felt it from the minute Hooper was appointed without a HC. The first 5 games have just reinforced my view.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
01 December, 2019 18:03
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

Not at all, I felt it from the minute Hooper was appointed without a HC. The first 5 games have just reinforced my view.

OK. Want to put a wager on it? In fact you should, Bath are 14-1.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
01 December, 2019 18:26
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

I think we've been down this route on another thread, I have a £1k bet on it already.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
01 December, 2019 18:32
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

I think we've been down this route on another thread, I have a £1k bet on it already.

Then why repeat the dirge OB?

You've read this I suppose?

It is summarised below and it is annoying.

So- this is both an appeal and a warning:

• Please keep to the rules and
• Please refrain from hijacking posts to repeat criticisms that are only relevant elsewhere.
• Please refrain from posting purely to annoy.

If you can’t do that, be prepared to spend some time cooling off outside.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
01 December, 2019 18:34
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

Then why repeat the dirge OB?

You've read this I suppose?

It is summarised below and it is annoying.

So- this is both an appeal and a warning:

• Please keep to the rules and
• Please refrain from hijacking posts to repeat criticisms that are only relevant elsewhere.
• Please refrain from posting purely to annoy.

If you can’t do that, be prepared to spend some time cooling off outside.

Eh? I was just responding to BM's last comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck
01 December, 2019 18:53
I think talking about relegation is an ok subject. It is worth considering that Tigers have (in their eyes) addressed the issue by attracting Borthwick.

We have Hats back, but are a team better off with no Head Coach or one that is performing badly?

The advantage Bath have there is they don't have to fire a HC to appoint a new one, they just tell Hoops his office refurb is now complete and he can spend more time there whilst A.N.Other takes on his new post as Bath HC. No loss of face, a positive move with a positive announcement.

If that happens it will be about timing, that of a potential appointments availability and how long you leave it before taking action.

If I was Bruce I would be deciding this over my Turkey and trimmings.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
01 December, 2019 18:56
The thread is about the premiership weekend, yet your post is about how dreadful Hooper is! You can post that in any number of 'Bath are pants' threads, then I can choose to avoid those and read about rugby on the rest of the site.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck
01 December, 2019 19:04
Quote:
shipwrecked
The thread is about the premiership weekend, yet your post is about how dreadful Hooper is! You can post that in any number of 'Bath are pants' threads, then I can choose to avoid those and read about rugby on the rest of the site.

Not sure if this is aimed at me, but for the record I support Hooper as DoR and was making the point that we can appoint a HC without the turmoil that comes with sacking the previous HC.

The games have finished and the discussion had moved on to where we all sit after the games so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 19:07 by B4thB4ck.

gaz59
gaz59
01 December, 2019 19:26
FWIW I reckon league position arising from weekend result is a logical extension for the thread

I don't think London Irish have either a better squad or a better coaching team. Their result just shows how fluctuating the season will be and any side with Exeter aside and probably Saints and Bristol now [but only because of the healthy league points amassed already] is a possible relegation contender

And those that wanted the relegation/promotion option to remain [and I am one of them] then brilliant, exactly how competitive team sport should be

Back to the games this weekend and if there were players I would nick from another club [there's another thread] then I would take Danny Care [or someone else like him] for the speed he puts on the ball away from the scrum/breakdown and Lang, the quins inside centre [converted from last season's second choice 10] for his ability to break tackles, offload but also his energy in defence. Hate to compare but he really does look ready to wear the Greenwood shirt

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
01 December, 2019 19:38
BB, your post wasn't up when I posted, I'm happy to follow reasoned argument, what I was objecting to was the broadcast opinion that SH appointment was/is doomed to failure. It may be but discussing relegation after 5 games is premature. Add 6 points to our tally and we are 4th its that tight.
Worcester are 4th, no-one is saying they are serious contenders for the play offs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net