Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CLEAR MOUNTAIN: CLERMONT AUVERGNE v BATH. TEAM NOW UP!
Discussion started by Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged), 11 December, 2019 18:30
Comeonmylovers.co.uk
Comeonmylovers.co.uk
11 December, 2019 18:30
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2019 18:45 by P G Tips.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
11 December, 2019 18:40
Auvergne and out?

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author
Le marseillais
11 December, 2019 18:50
Very impressive analysis indeed.
I'm afraid there is just a little error: "ferrand" doens't mean iron grey.
Montferrand is the original place of the club, where the tyre company stands, and his main factories.
In the middle ages, the city of Montferrand merged with the nearby city of Clermont.
And then the city was named "Clermont-Ferrand".

But the true and oldest supporters still call the club "Montferrand".

ASM Clermont Auvergne supporter

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
11 December, 2019 18:52
I’m sure I’m in the minority but I genuinely couldn’t care less what the result is. Give the squad a run out and save the key players for the huge 3 prem games over Xmas and NY please. Let the squad players (Like Douglas, Nixon, Fox, L Davis) show that they deserve to be in that first 23.

The worst possible result IMO is getting any injuries to key players in a match that means nothing in terms of progression. For this reason I would have very few of that Possible Bath Team involved.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
11 December, 2019 19:54
Fully agree Matt. Let all the so called first team have the weekend off, or send them on a team building bender so that they really get to know each other and may commit to dying for each other and the cause. Even if we win we don't have a hope of qualifying for the knock out stages. Wake up Mr H, face reality and recognise how important the Irish game has become. That is Bath's future not the Euro Competition.

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
11 December, 2019 19:58
Quote:
Bathovalballer
.......so that they really get to know each other and may commit to dying for each other and the cause.

Do you really think the players are not trying and are not fully committed BoB?

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
11 December, 2019 21:27
He never has before.

opti
Optimist
11 December, 2019 22:05
Broken backs mountain, peut-etre?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
11 December, 2019 22:14
Strewth Opti, clerly you're on form tonight!

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
11 December, 2019 23:05
I didn't say not trying or committed. Much more about team spirit, backing each other and wanting to die for each other. When I played, the team would do anything on the field to support one another and fight for the cause, win or lose. Sometimes when I watch the present Bath side on the field, I wonder about the personnel commitment to one another. It sometimes seems to me that they are unsure of what each other will and can do for the team. That is why I would lock them in a room with a barrel or two of beer, and let them really get to know one another, and, enable them to get to know how each other ticks and their foibles and strengths. Look at sides in the past like Exeter who on paper would not be top of the critics choice for success, but they have consistently produced results way above expectations mainly because of their togetherness and team spirit playing for each other. Plus of course a clearly directed message over a number of years from the coaches which is one of our main weaknesses at present.

I have said this season we have shown distinct green shoots of improvement over the past 2/3 seasons but we have a great deal further to go. Let's hope we can get there quickly or we could be in serious trouble.

The Jink Joseph.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
12 December, 2019 02:57
Quote:
BathMatt53
I’m sure I’m in the minority but I genuinely couldn’t care less what the result is. Give the squad a run out and save the key players for the huge 3 prem games over Xmas and NY please. Let the squad players (Like Douglas, Nixon, Fox, L Davis) show that they deserve to be in that first 23.
The worst possible result IMO is getting any injuries to key players in a match that means nothing in terms of progression. For this reason I would have very few of that Possible Bath Team involved.

100% agree with that in theory & especially with our horrendous injury list but I imagine we could get into trouble for doing so?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
12 December, 2019 06:33
That’s an interesting one BH. Saints got fined a couple of years back, but Sarries haven’t been this season.

Surely the point of having to register players for the euro comp is that those are the players you must use - this means that not all the Bath squad will be available to play but if they are registered you couldn’t be fined for playing them?!

P G Tips
P G Tips
12 December, 2019 08:51
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I didn't say not trying or committed. Much more about team spirit, backing each other and wanting to die for each other.

No- but you implied it, so be careful.

Anyway, it would be an incomplete "team building" and, arguably, a divisive one to restrict the activity to "the so called first team". Rather counter productive I would have thought!

PG

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865
12 December, 2019 08:54
Exactly right re Saracens, Matt. They rested players for their trip to Munster, so why can't we for our away trip to Clermont? Both us and Saracens are fighting for the same thing - Premiership survival.

I think it's actually a really difficult selection decision. Given the nature of the Euro squad, it will have to contain plenty of first team players (starting v Irish) so there's always a chance some could get injured. Personally, I would pick a strong team. I don't see the value in a weak team getting beaten by 60 points. I think for even if only for morale we need to go there and compete.

This weekend just feels like such a shame. We've never played Clermont in the Big Cup, and in the fixture list these back to back fixtures were ones I really looked forward to. I'd hoped we would be going there in contention in the group, with our WC stars back fit and firing, our young guys progressing... and Louw, Underhill and Faletau in the back row and Roko, JC and AW in the back 3! However, I'm dreading it!

Deckchair
Deckchair
12 December, 2019 08:59
Mountain to face, they are a strong team. they are at home, we are in poor form, raddled with injuries, no game plan, backs well and truly to the wall.
Written in the stars.
Bath by 5 points.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
12 December, 2019 09:34
The counter argument to the rest everyone theory is that we will only improve if we play as a team all the changing does not facilitate this. Our best season recently was the one under Ford when we had a very consistent selection. Not playing someone because they might get injured is crazy they would never get on the pitch but resting them because they are not 100% fit is a valid reason. Rotation to give players game time may be a reason if you have no second team matches however putting second string players in as cannon fodder may not have the desired effect.

Rokobilly
Rokobilly
12 December, 2019 10:16
The team needs to come from the nominated European squad (rather than full squad) which might limit who we can rest. Does anyone know what the Euro squad is? I couldn't see it on the offy.

opti
Optimist
12 December, 2019 11:08
Que sera, sera. Getting beaten 50-0 or 12-11 will have no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the season. A couple of injuries will. But Faletau got injured in Wales training session. We'll just as likely come through unscathed and someone will trip down the steps at the airport.

No doubt Burns will get the gig, surrounded by kids, and when he doesn't game-manage to everyone's satisfaction RP will be installed for another couple of months.

Banachek
Banachek
12 December, 2019 11:29
[quote Bathovalballer] Sometimes when I watch the present Bath side on the field, I wonder about the personnel commitment to one another. It sometimes seems to me that they are unsure of what each other will and can do for the team.

I don't think its commitment to one another across the team . For me the pack have been carrying the team . They have really put in hard shifts as a solid unit.
However when your 10 never takes a step forward (or rarely) and just shovels the ball sideways your backs just can't get going, no matter how good they are . That is where the main issue lies and then you tack on slow ball from SH's, we will struggle in any game
Start FB and put out a strong team for this one.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
12 December, 2019 12:29
Quote:
Rokobilly
The team needs to come from the nominated European squad (rather than full squad) which might limit who we can rest. Does anyone know what the Euro squad is? I couldn't see it on the offy.

Bath European squad

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Rokobilly
Rokobilly
12 December, 2019 13:14
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
Rokobilly

Bath European squad

Thanks CC. Some reasonable scope for SH to rest/rotate.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
12 December, 2019 13:45
I think that you can sub players in that list who have long term injuries? Waste of time JC, Max Green etc being on there - hopefully they have been replaced in that squad.

Bath Supporter Jack
Bath Supporter Jack
12 December, 2019 15:41
Deckchair I would love that!!

I have had an email saying there are drinks on Saturday night at the Oceania Hotel between 7.30 and 9.30.

My son and I might wander along to that if it is reasonably convenient.

Maybe see some of you there?(Sm124)

P G Tips
P G Tips
13 December, 2019 12:02
Teams Up. Burns starts, several changes:

BATH RUGBY TEAM TO FACE CLERMONT AUVERGNE

15. Tom Homer

14. Ruaridh McConnochie

13. Max Wright

12. Jamie Roberts

11. Aled Brew

10. Freddie Burns

9. Chris Cook

1. Lewis Boyce

2. Jack Walker

3. Christian Judge

4. Levi Douglas

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Mike Williams

7. Tom Ellis (Captain.)

8. Josh Bayliss

Replacements

16. Tom Dunn

17. Lucas Noguera

18. Sam Nixon

19. Josh McNally

20. Sam Underhill

21. Ollie Fox

22. Rhys Priestland

23. Gabriel Hamer-Webb

PG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2019 12:04 by P G Tips.

opti
Optimist
13 December, 2019 12:02
Lucas Noguera. Who's that???

Not lacking in physicality up front, mind you, with Ellis and Williams in back row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2019 12:04 by Optimist.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
13 December, 2019 12:06
Quote:
Optimist

Plays fly half, takes it to the line, exceptionally quick and elusive. Has made more line breaks than anyone in Europe and has a massive boot on him off both feet!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
13 December, 2019 12:12
Sensible selection that, IMO. Has Tom Ellis been captain before, congratulations to him!).

Really good opportunity for a few of those guys to put their hands up for selection in the Prem games. Not sure who goes to 12 if anything happens to Roberts - big reshuffle with Brew to 13, Max W across to 12 and GHW to wing?

opti
Optimist
13 December, 2019 12:18
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Optimist

Plays fly half, takes it to the line, exceptionally quick and elusive. Has made more line breaks than anyone in Europe and has a massive boot on him off both feet!

I think you're thinking of Kyle Sinckler.

Lucas is actually a close relation of Lord Lucan, and was last seen riding Shergar across the Bermuda Triangle accompanied by Jackson Willison.

Bath Supporter Jack
Bath Supporter Jack
13 December, 2019 12:35
After last night that team will win with a bonus point!!!

P G Tips
P G Tips
13 December, 2019 13:21
And the (rather Strong) Clermont squad:

Clermont team news

15 Isaia Toeava

14 Samuel Ezeala

13 Damian Penaud

12 George Moala

11 Alivereti Raka

10 Camille Lopez

9 Morgan Parra (C)

1 Giorgi Beria

2 John Ulugia

3 Davit Zirakashvili

4 Arthur Iturria

5 Sitaleki Timani

6 Alexandre Fischer

7 Alexandre Lapandry

8 Fritz Lee

Replacements:

16 Yohan Beheregaray, 17 Loni Uhila, 18 Rabah Slimani, 19 George Merrick, 20 Faifili Levave, 21 Greg Laidlaw, 22 Jake McIntyre, 23 Apisai Naqalevu

P G Tips

Levi Davis: my adopted Player, 2019-20.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
13 December, 2019 13:29
Damian Penaud at 13 will keep Max W honest.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
13 December, 2019 13:37
Did we break Bendy last week?

MESSAGES->author
Le marseillais
13 December, 2019 14:26
Penaud at 13 because Wesley Fofana (again) injured.
Bendy not broken, but old...

Bath Supporter Jack
Bath Supporter Jack
13 December, 2019 14:48
Bendy old..........he is but a child!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Le marseillais
13 December, 2019 14:51
His body was a temple, but he is now just a ruined castle.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
13 December, 2019 14:53
That’s not a great reference since he was fishing for a job last week after the match...

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
13 December, 2019 15:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
That’s not a great reference since he was fishing for a job last week after the match...

I read he is off to Glasgow to fill the hole left by S Hogg...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
13 December, 2019 15:16
Is that the X-Factor Levi or the other one?

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo
13 December, 2019 16:31
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Is that the X-Factor Levi or the other one?
It’s the other one.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul
13 December, 2019 22:36
Any one else notice the comment during the Quins Ulster match that Clermont were pretty much guaranteed 5 points.
Sadly it is true

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
13 December, 2019 22:39
Quote:
Lost Soul
Any one else notice the comment during the Quins Ulster match that Clermont were pretty much guaranteed 5 points.
Sadly it is true

I think the phrase was, "Ulster will probably get something out of that game", ever so slightly different.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul
13 December, 2019 23:53
Afraid mr shipwrecked it was some where in the 2nd half as ulster chased the bonus point that one of the commentators mentioned Bath being a more or certain 5 points for Clermont

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
14 December, 2019 00:06
Must have missed that, sorry, its possibly true but realistically we know we are out of it anyway!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
14 December, 2019 07:11
Is that really so odd? One of the best teams in Europe at a home where they very rarely lose, against a team who are one of the lowest seeds in the competition and are already out. Bookies have CA with a 25 point start, which isn’t surprising when they are a team that can do this:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Now if they say that when we are playing Worcester or Irish etc then we really are in trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2019 07:13 by BathMatt53.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
14 December, 2019 09:52
I think the CC games were sacrificial games after the first 2 losses, its clear they are a good side but despite losing at home it was closer than many thought and there were 3 bits of seriously bad luck.

Interesting that Worcester lost to the the Dragons yesterday, hard to know where they are as a club at the moment.

France and French sides are on the up, (result of big squads and no cap), Racing 92 ran rampant in the first half yesterday, bit worried for the 6N's to be honest.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
14 December, 2019 16:59
Quote:
shipwrecked
I think the CC games were sacrificial games after the first 2 losses, its clear they are a good side but despite losing at home it was closer than many thought and there were 3 bits of seriously bad luck.
Interesting that Worcester lost to the the Dragons yesterday, hard to know where they are as a club at the moment.

France and French sides are on the up, (result of big squads and no cap), Racing 92 ran rampant in the first half yesterday, bit worried for the 6N's to be honest.

Must say I couldn’t care less about the 6N, the only important thing is Bath’s battle against relegation.

opti
Optimist
15 December, 2019 15:15
Ah well - here goes nothing. Good luck everyone. See you in 80 mimutes for the ‘spirited but ultimately outclassed’ post mitten.

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:20
17 seconds in and we give away a penalty. Clermont try after 3mins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 15:20 by supermarinematt.

JFPC
JFPC
15 December, 2019 15:21
Well that didn't take long.

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:25
3 penalties in the first 3 mins.
7 -0 down , oh dear (Sm136)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:27
7 and half mins Clermont 2nd try

MESSAGES->author
hasta
15 December, 2019 15:27
Jesus lord.

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:31
Into the Clermont 22 and on our own ball give away a penalty for holding on to the ball .... Not a great 12 mins so far. 14-0 down

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:32
Quote:
hasta
Jesus lord.

Is he playing ? (Sm100)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:34
14 and half mins and Clermont 3rd try

MESSAGES->author
hasta
15 December, 2019 15:35
Why am I still watching this? So, so easy to make metres.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:35
15 mins., 19 - 0 , line outs poor

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:38
Quote:
hasta
Why am I still watching this? So, so easy to make metres.

I'm in the same boat, think I'll switch off and go about my day. Bath are frankly awful. This is boys against men and this will be a hammering. Not sure how the Ownership can think this is a good way to go about things

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:41
20 mins and it's bonus point try time for Clermont. This is so depressing to watch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 15:41 by supermarinematt.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:41
26 - 0 on 20 mins , this is embarrassing, Will we score ?

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
hasta
15 December, 2019 15:42
Well I think the ownership aren't thinking much. I imagine the management are thinking that the HC is gone so we're better off resting players and focusing on the Prem. Which I agree with, even if it makes things like this embarrassing.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:42
I wonder if Bruce is watching ?

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
15 December, 2019 15:44
Bath try!! Jack Walker

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 15:44
Quote:
Old Bath Tub

We don't look like we will, haven't even gotten close to even putting any sort of threatening move together

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 15:45
Quote:
Old Bath Tub

Yes ! Jack Walker

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
hasta
15 December, 2019 15:46
Try! Ambitious lineout, good maul!

Montyuk
Montyuk
15 December, 2019 15:46
Try Bath! The come back starts now!!

Adopted player 2019/20: Tom Ellis

MESSAGES->author
plong
15 December, 2019 15:48
Devil's Advocaat (well, it is Christmas!) - Anyone think that a cricket score wouldn't be such a bad thing - it might make the hierarchy sit up and take notice of an unacceptable situation...?

Not sure what my take is - I just know that I am tired of stumbling from one mediocre season to another after 21 odd years...!!!

Adopted Players
2017-18: Sam Underhill
2016-17: Will Homer

dannyf2
dannyf2
15 December, 2019 16:02
Um... It's 40... After 40...

supermarinematt
supermarinematt
15 December, 2019 16:02
Quote:
plong
Devil's Advocaat (well, it is Christmas!) - Anyone think that a cricket score wouldn't be such a bad thing - it might make the hierarchy sit up and take notice of an unacceptable situation...?
Not sure what my take is - I just know that I am tired of stumbling from one mediocre season to another after 21 odd years...!!!

Don't think it will have any affect. Excuses will be made about it being a dead rubber of a game, players out, Hatley only turning up recently etc

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 16:04
Quote:
plong

I agree although the hierarchy will put it down to playing the best team in Europe, fair enough. Stuart already written his usual blase’ statement for the after match interview.
Looking forward to getting back to the Premiership (Sm128)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
15 December, 2019 16:19
Gee whizz, i predicted 40-20 after 80mins...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 16:20
Too many penalties!

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

dannyf2
dannyf2
15 December, 2019 16:30
We're getting laughed at here

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
15 December, 2019 16:32
Tom Dunn try!!

Montyuk
Montyuk
15 December, 2019 16:32
Try bonus point??

ballsout
ballsout
15 December, 2019 16:38
I cringe every time we score a nothing try. Just gives fuel for the cheery Eeyores to say how we’re not that bad.

What an embarrassment this club has become.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 16:47
Quote:
ballsout
I cringe every time we score a nothing try. Just gives fuel for the cheery Eeyores to say how we’re not that bad. That’ll be Stuart Hooper then ! (Sm128)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
15 December, 2019 17:00
Bath bonus point try!!

MESSAGES->author
hemington
15 December, 2019 17:02
Quote:
ballsout
I cringe every time we score a nothing try. Just gives fuel for the cheery Eeyores to say how we’re not that bad.

Sorry Cheery Eeyore is an oxymoron. Wish you were a bit more Cheery than Eeyore.

P G Tips
P G Tips
15 December, 2019 17:10
Eeyeores aren't cheery- that's Tiggers.

Eeyores are miserable!

PG

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
15 December, 2019 17:12
FT

52 v 26

opti
Optimist
15 December, 2019 17:15
Quote:
Optimist
Ah well - here goes nothing. Good luck everyone. See you in 80 mimutes for the ‘spirited but ultimately outclassed’

Got that wrong. Outclassed and then spirited. Just when it seemed that we’d cured our knock-on-itis it came back with a vengeance, though, in the business end of the game.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 17:23
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
FT
52 v 26

Score line says a lot ! Twice as good as us ? (Sm128)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 December, 2019 17:28
Bookies got it spot on. Better teams than Bath will lose by more than 25 points in that stadium.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
15 December, 2019 17:28
No words from Stuart ? (Sm131)

FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
15 December, 2019 17:29
Once again plenty of effort but a massive lack of technique & ability. We now have several important Premiership games from which we need to gain some wins. Not over confident.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
15 December, 2019 17:33
In all my 50 plus years supporting this once glorious/proud club, I cannot recall the so called first team losing by 50 plus points-ever! The players, coaches and management should hang their heads in shame. That performance has plumbed many depths.

No doubt we will be told that we have legions of injuries, we trained well, playing the best team in the northern hemisphere, the ref was one sided, the wind was blowing, the grass didn't suit us, the food was awful etc. No we are just not able to play, full stop. Why can't we catch a ball, retain it, drive it, scrum, win our own line outs, tackle, run onto the ball, read a game, anything to do with winning a game of rugby?

I will be banned and am going now. Over to the cheerleaders and apologists.

The Jink Joseph.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
15 December, 2019 17:39
BOB at times you are a disgrace, to suggest the players hang their heads in shame is out of order.

You should have made the effort to come here and speak to the players afterwards, they are gutted.

Be critical of the management/DOR, but not the players.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
15 December, 2019 17:44
The players are on field, not the coaches or management who still carry responsibility.

The Jink Joseph.

MESSAGES->author
FourSticks
15 December, 2019 17:50
Quote:
BathOvalBaller
In all my 50 plus years supporting this once glorious/proud club, I cannot recall the so called first team losing by 50 plus points-ever!

Really? How about:

Saracens 50 - 23 Bath, 14 Dec 1997
Swansea 50 - 17 Bath, 26 Dec 1998
Gloucester 68 - 12 Bath, 4 May 2002
Saracens 55 - 23 Bath, 14 Oct 2006
Leinster 52 - 27 Bath, 11 Dec, 2011
Saracens 53 - 10 Bath, 25 Mar 2017
Saracens 50 - 27 Bath, 29 Sep 2018

Still, let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
15 December, 2019 18:02
Well we can add that 'performance' to the litany of atrocious results. Still no excuse with the resources and players we have at our disposal. Or are they not up to it.?Can it get worse? I leave that up to the readership to answer the questions.

The Jink Joseph.

ballsout
ballsout
15 December, 2019 18:03
Quote:
BathMatt53
Bookies got it spot on. Better teams than Bath will lose by more than 25 points in that stadium.

Good grief.

I knew those nothing tries when Clermont had the bonus point wrapped up early would put a gloss on for supporters to latch onto. What a shame. For the first time in 20 years supporting this club I was hoping the opposition would score.

Don’t blame Hooper. Bath have been garbage for far longer than he’s been DOR. Blame the incompetence of the people who put him in this position. Craig and Tarquin. Andy Rock “performance director” don’t make me laugh. Useless.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 December, 2019 18:03
Quote:
Bathovalballer
The players are on field, not the coaches or management who still carry responsibility.

Thought you might enjoy Stooke's tęte ŕ tęte, try bonus point, pack making all those scores.

Quote:
Bathovalballer
I cannot recall the so called first team losing by 50 plus points-ever!

Let me clarify something for you as you clearly are not familiar with the Bath Rugby squad. That was not the first team by any stretch of imagination.

It really would help if you commented on the facts rather than lazily copying your comments and editing to make them fit. It was a dead rubber effectively, you even suggested the selection of those players in the lead up to the game!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 December, 2019 18:19
Yes Bob, Bath were playing one of the best teams in the Northern hemisphere, at one of the toughest grounds in the Northern hemisphere and do have lots of injuries.

It’s not a disgrace to be beaten by a better side IMO - a disgrace is when players can’t be bothered and I’m not sure anyone is saying that?

In terms of ‘apologists’ is there anyone who actually needs to apologise? I spend nearly a grand a year on season tickets and shout my lungs out at the matches so I’m definitely a ‘cheerleader‘ (one of about 10,000) - without the Pom poms though.

40 Mile
40 Mile
15 December, 2019 18:19
Quote:
Bathovalballer
In all my 50 plus years supporting this once glorious/proud club, I cannot recall the so called first team losing by 50 plus points-ever! The players, coaches and management should hang their heads in shame.

It wasn't a good day at the office but losing by 50 plus points and conceding 50 plus points but scoring 26 are two entirely different scenarios.

Edit - Typo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 18:21 by 40 Mile.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
15 December, 2019 18:21
In the ground there was a feeling the ref had a shocker, any thoughts from those watching on TV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 18:27 by OutsideBath.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
15 December, 2019 18:21
Oh good that's the excuse and reason why we got humpt by 50 points. Don't we have a squad, are players meant to learn from previous performances and lack of very basic rugby skills over the past 4/5 seasons. Same old excuses and same old. When is reality going to be faced and changes and improvements ever going to be made? Not under the present regime apparently!

Whenever a Bath team takes the field, I personally expect people to step up not roll over. Some obviously finds such results acceptable. I do not!

The Jink Joseph.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
15 December, 2019 18:26
FFS the players did not roll over, they were well beaten by the better team. Did they make mistakes? Absolutely, but your statements suggesting they aren’t trying their best is offensive.

P G Tips
P G Tips
15 December, 2019 18:30
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I will be banned and am going now.

You've got your wish.
Suggesting the team "rolled over" is offensive and just shows your ignorance.

Cool off for two weeks.

PG

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net