Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

On the up side...
Discussion started by joethefanatic (IP Logged), 17 January, 2020 20:30
MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
17 January, 2020 20:30
... now Salaries have been relegated, we can get to see what games in a ring-fenced Premiership might look like.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

opti
Optimist
17 January, 2020 20:44
Bit annoying that we lost to them when they were motivated to win! Some teams from here on are going to pick up some unexpected points. #mess

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
17 January, 2020 20:45
Quote:
Optimist
Bit annoying that we lost to them when they were motivated to win! Some teams from here on are going to pick up some unexpected points. #mess

I'm rather hoping that, now they've been shown to be cheating this season as well, all their results will be annulled. I doubt they'll bother playing their first team in the Prem now - they'll just save it for Big Cup - which means any club playing them from now on has a big advantage.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 20:47 by joethefanatic.

BathOtter
BathOtter
17 January, 2020 22:20
Quote:
joethefanatic
Quote:
Optimist

I'm rather hoping that, now they've been shown to be cheating this season as well, all their results will be annulled. I doubt they'll bother playing their first team in the Prem now - they'll just save it for Big Cup - which means any club playing them from now on has a big advantage.

Wasps, Quins and Sale are yet to play Sarries. They get to play them home and away knowing they are relegated, getting an easier fixture as Sorries will likely rest key players for Big Cup. Surely best solution to make the other 11 teams benefit equally is annul the results against Sorries and remove points scored on the table at the end of the season, if they are automatically relegated?

Master Chief
Master Chief
17 January, 2020 22:35
Quote:
BathOtter
Quote:
joethefanatic
Quote:
Optimist

Wasps, Quins and Sale are yet to play Sarries. They get to play them home and away knowing they are relegated, getting an easier fixture as Sorries will likely rest key players for Big Cup. Surely best solution to make the other 11 teams benefit equally is annul the results against Sorries and remove points scored on the table at the end of the season, if they are automatically relegated?

Nooo, we beat them!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 January, 2020 22:39
To be fair it hardly matter as you beat just about everyone. Im not sure that those points will define your season...

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

TomReagan
TomReagan
17 January, 2020 23:16
I think Sarries will go all out to win every game as they always do, but with perhaps even more steel and motivation. Wouldn't surprise me if they won every game until the end of the season, particularly if they have been told they're definitely relegated, as there seems little point in moving players on. Farrell has already said he'll stay there next season, albeit I read that in the Sun online- admittedly not known for its rugby coverage!

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
18 January, 2020 01:23
Of course, if they are not automatically relegated but it's just another 35 pt penalty, then Salaries can stay up this season.

They are on -42 points. There are 14 games to play, so 70 points on offer. Theoretically, Salaries can finish on 28 points and it is entirely likely they will do so. The Tigs currently have 11. Irish and Wasps have 13. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Salaries will not finish bottom.

What do PRL do then?

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2020 01:24 by joethefanatic.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
18 January, 2020 01:53
Quote:
joethefanatic
Of course, if they are not automatically relegated but it's just another 35 pt penalty, then Salaries can stay up this season.
They are on -42 points. There are 14 games to play, so 70 points on offer. Theoretically, Salaries can finish on 28 points and it is entirely likely they will do so. The Tigs currently have 11. Irish and Wasps have 13. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Salaries will not finish bottom.

What do PRL do then?

To answer my own question, engineer try and losing bonus points for the losing side in all Prem games from now til the end of the season. That would be enough.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
18 January, 2020 09:40
In my opinion it should be instant relegation for 3 years (Sm100)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies
Adopted Player 2020/21 Cam Redpath

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

John Tee
John Tee
18 January, 2020 10:27
Quote:
joethefanatic
Quote:
joethefanatic

What do PRL do then?

To answer my own question, engineer try and losing bonus points for the losing side in all Prem games from now til the end of the season. That would be enough.

Noooooooo.. you can't castigate Saracens for the deeds which kind of amount to match fixing...and then do the same in order to get them relegated.

Relegation, imv, should have been a given anyway and i agree 3 seasons would work...that would in effect mean breaking up the squad and possibly send them to administration if there is no grand winners returns on the huge 'investment.....which is actually a bail out operation every few years, but, hey.....lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net