Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

GP round 10
Discussion started by gaz59 (IP Logged), 14 February, 2020 23:18
gaz59
gaz59
14 February, 2020 23:18
I've not yet seen the Glaws v Chiefs game but as a simple result it has certainly helped us

If we can beat Worc Warriors then 5th, even 4th if Irish can also do us a favour is entirely possible by end of weekend

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic
15 February, 2020 01:33
Exe comprehensively dismantled Glaws and then lost concentration. Beautiful counter attack try from Hogg. Rees-Zammit very fortunate indeed that his try stood.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 February, 2020 06:10
I think that Glos dismantled themselves tbh. Kept it close then kept giving Exe stupid freebie pens until Exe were out of sight. Hogg try was nice but other than that the story was Exe not giving away a pen in the second half for about 30 mins. Oh and Cips having a mare with ball in hand...

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 February, 2020 09:01
Thats very true Matt, apparently Glaws have give away most pens in the league this season to hand Steenson the chances to kill the game, even if some of his kicks were wind assisted and at the extreme limit of his range.

Agree with Cips comment too, you could see why Eddie didn't pick him, almost a carbon copy of Freddie, genius kicks followed by Goofs!

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
15 February, 2020 09:02
Nic White got away with yet another deliberate knock on (a speciality of his it seems), and one Exe penalty extremely fortunate. Good try from Hogg. Right call for the Rees-Zammit try IMO. Too many players entering rucks from the side. Nasty conditions.

First home league for Gloucs in quite a while.

gaz59
gaz59
15 February, 2020 16:05
Tiggers lucky that Sarries are down as they are playing like relegation candidates today

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
15 February, 2020 16:34
Another seat belt tackle preventing a try not penalised, like Reinach the other week. On Kibarige, though the winger should have dived low earlier.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
15 February, 2020 16:35
And Tigers break away to score almost immediately - 10 point turnaround due to bad reffing, 18-9 to Tigers

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
15 February, 2020 16:50
Results couldnít have gone better for us today.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
15 February, 2020 16:56
All results so far this weekend have gone our way - Gloucs, Quins, Sales all losing.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 February, 2020 17:29
Tom Youngs is a very lucky boy! What is the penalty for a punch to the face these days?

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
15 February, 2020 17:41
Presumably he'll be cited, as it's a red card offence isn't it? So 3 week ban coming up.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 February, 2020 17:49
My feeling is it might well be more!

Ironically Geordan Murphy saying he was proud that Tigers were getting back to their old values!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 17:52 by shipwrecked.

gaz59
gaz59
15 February, 2020 21:49
The turnaround in the tiggers v wasps match was extraordinary and just shows how topsy turvey this league can be when it is a real level playing field

That is what sport is all about

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
16 February, 2020 05:01
Quote:
gaz59
The turnaround in the tiggers v wasps match was extraordinary and just shows how topsy turvey this league can be when it is a real level playing field
That is what sport is all about

There seems to be very little between any of the teams except Exeter & Sarries as usual, although Exeter arenít tearing away. Most of the games are extremely close & hard to forecast in advance. It is reassuring that we are well in there with our rookie DOR/ head coach. I suppose we have been luckier with injuries this season.

opti
Optimist
16 February, 2020 08:15
Quote:
Bath Hammer
I suppose we have been luckier with injuries this season.

There have plenty on here willing to suggest that injury issues have, in some way, been self-inflicted in the past. Itís possible that improved squad depth, player rotation and injury management are further blocks that Hooper has put in place, as part of his slightly boring but assiduous approach to rebuilding the Club from the foundations up.

warrenball
warrenball
16 February, 2020 08:19
We are getting more close games and the league difficult to predict (except for Exeter). Unfortunately in evening out the teams you are bringing the standard of some teams down so you have a more even, but lower standard. This will make it far more difficult for an English team to compete in Europe and the Premiership, but great for French and Irish teams.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
16 February, 2020 16:06
Saints looking very good on a nice sunny day in Northampton. Bris looking poor / naiive in the first 45 mins.

opti
Optimist
16 February, 2020 16:15
Bris a bit headless chicken, but blimey, they donít go away.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
16 February, 2020 16:29
Saints self destruction

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
16 February, 2020 17:20
Bris squad is at best average, just shows what a quality DOR can achieve.

What price Exeter v Bristol premiership final?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
16 February, 2020 17:46
Quote:
OutsideBath

Not sure about that OB. They pay up to the cap the same as everyone else so itís about the same In quality terms I would have thought. Two good attacking teams with excellent coaches - think Exe would crush them both in a Prem final though.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
16 February, 2020 17:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

Not sure about that OB. They pay up to the cap the same as everyone else so itís about the same In quality terms I would have thought. Two good attacking teams with excellent coaches - think Exe would crush them both in a Prem final though.

Not sure I'd want too many of the Bris players in our squad.

Agree we might as well give Exe the premiership title now and be done with it.

James_P
James_P
16 February, 2020 18:29
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath

Next year yes but not this year, at present we are still considerably under the cap hence we can add Radrada, Sinckler and seemingly Ben Earl without losing other big players for next season.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy
16 February, 2020 18:39
Strange game. Saints cruising and Bristol woeful for 45 minutes, then the game turned on its head.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
17 February, 2020 17:00
Quote:
shipwrecked
Tom Youngs is a very lucky boy! What is the penalty for a punch to the face these days?

Quote:
Dorset Boy
Presumably he'll be cited, as it's a red card offence isn't it? So 3 week ban coming up.

Correct, been cited Tom Youngs cited

tigerburnie
tigerburnie
17 February, 2020 17:14
Tom Youngs can show the marks around his eye that caused the retaliation, maybe he shouldn't have hit him like that, maybe he should have hit him harder if he's to punished for what was little more than a slap.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 February, 2020 17:23
A slap that opened up a cut on Rowlands face. At least Tigers lineout stats will improve with Tom Youngs on a ban.

Rich.
Rich.
18 February, 2020 15:12
Not sure I'd want too many of the Bris players in our squad.
.[/quote]

Well if you don't want at least Piutau, Sheedy, Afoa, Thacker, Vui, Dan Thomas, Hughes and Luatua then that's ............. surprising Is say and suggests you may not have seen enough of them IMO.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 February, 2020 15:31
[quote Rich.]Not sure I'd want too many of the Bris players in our squad.
.[/quote]

Well if you don't want at least Piutau, Sheedy, Afoa, Thacker, Vui, Dan Thomas, Hughes and Luatua then that's ............. surprising Is say and suggests you may not have seen enough of them IMO.[/quote]

Bristols squad seems about as good as most of the others tbf - not hugely better or worse?

Piutau: yes please if he can stay fit. Wouldn't swap Ant W for him though.
Sheedy: you can keep him thanks
Afoa: about 100 years old. Will keep Stuart (the one away with England) thanks.
Thacker: Exciting runner, nice to watch. Happy with Dunn in terms of scrum and tackling (and so is Eddie)
Vui: The ex Bristol guy? Happy with Stooke and McNally ta.
Dan Thomas: Ummm, Underhill and Louw cheers.
Hughes: Good player, as are Taulupe Faletau and Zach mercer mind you.
Luatua: Good player, would certainly get in the Bath 23 I expect. Doesn't seem amazing value for money at £550k

[www.ruck.co.uk]

As for Radradra, well in truth I am still green about that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 15:33 by BathMatt53.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
18 February, 2020 20:53
Quote:
shipwrecked

4 weeks is the penalty - no mitigation as he has previous form. Not much he could do but admit to it given the TV pics tbh.

[www.englandrugby.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net