Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Betting app to watch game?
Discussion started by Weeksie (IP Logged), 15 February, 2020 12:04
Weeksie
Weeksie
15 February, 2020 12:04
Is it right you can watch games like today on a stream through a betting app?

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 13:42
UniBet only I think. Bet365 dropped coverage for this season.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 13:45
Also, they require two forms of ID to be uploaded through the app which can be a faff as they rejected mine for it not being clear, etc. So sort it asap and hope it gets approved right away (check your emails regularly).

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 February, 2020 13:48
Why should you have to have ID to watch rugby? Costs much less to subscribe to BT or similar surely!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 13:55
You need ID to open a betting account. They arenít going to stream it for free. £10 (I think) bet covers a season, for me BT Sport would cost £30 a month as a non BT phone/broadband customer.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
15 February, 2020 14:02
Wow didn't realise that, I get mine free on my mobile number, need to pay for the mobile of course but I get a big lump of data, calls, texts etc £17.00 monthly

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

dcsh
dcsh
15 February, 2020 14:03
Unibet normally required that you have some money in your account, but you donít need to bet. I believe BetUK also have premiership rugby streaming, havenít used that yet, so not sure what the account funding or betting requirements are.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 14:13
I do my usual blind faith season bets of Bath winning. Great odds but money down the drain. Iím tempted by the mobile one but only when my current deal runs out.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 15:04
After all the above itís not coming up on the UniBet app!

dcsh
dcsh
15 February, 2020 15:12
Try here
[www.betuk.com]

You donít need to put any money in or bet or even log in

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 15:19
Brilliant thanks. Bizarre how OmniBet donít carry it.

However, having just seen Worcís kit I might revert to the radio! Edit - looks like itís for charity so fair enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 15:26 by Rawce.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler
15 February, 2020 15:57
Quote:
Rawce
Brilliant thanks. Bizarre how OmniBet donít carry it.
However, having just seen Worcís kit I might revert to the radio! Edit - looks like itís for charity so fair enough!
think they said it was designed by an 8 year old so one of those charity design-a-shirt things

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
15 February, 2020 16:09
Yeah, Iíve sported a fair few charity tops with lots of colours before so I apologise for my initial reactions. I didnít see the hearts until close up.

TomReagan
TomReagan
15 February, 2020 19:56
Watched using dcsh's link. Small picture but fine and decent commentary too. At one point this message board was at least a minute ahead of the stream which got me considering some sort of unsophisticated take on The Sting, although no doubt a fanciful notion! Anyway, cheers for the link.

dcsh
dcsh
15 February, 2020 21:16
I zoom the video on my iPad until if fills the screen and then mirrored to the TV, not HD, but a great option when weíre not on BT Sport. Most browsers will let zoom, so maybe try that next time.

gaz59
gaz59
15 February, 2020 21:51
Quote:
dcsh
Try here
[www.betuk.com]

You donít need to put any money in or bet or even log in

Top man dcsh for the link though I was cursing it on 80 minutes when watching the Pennell kick sailing towards the left hand stick but ... then just wide, so thank you

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman
16 February, 2020 10:30
Quote:
dcsh
I zoom the video on my iPad until if fills the screen and then mirrored to the TV, not HD, but a great option when weíre not on BT Sport. Most browsers will let zoom, so maybe try that next time.

Good idea, the mirror function wasn't working on my Apple TV the other month for the Northampton game.

To top it off I put a few quid on Bath that day.

Literally a win/win.

J

TomReagan
TomReagan
16 February, 2020 14:31
Thanks for the tip dcsh, albeit mirrored zooms and browsers...at least I know how my mum felt like when I tried to show her how to record on a VCR. I watched the game on my phone and don't have an ipad so perhaps that explains my ignorance!

Old Tom
Old Tom
17 February, 2020 10:09
Hello Rawce,
Re BTSport- I get this for 9.99 per month on my Plusnet package (good Yorkshire broadband!)
I have just checked this with Plusnet and they say that anyone on COML who wants to sign up, can quote Mobilemycology and get a small discount!
Hope this helps.
OT

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
17 February, 2020 10:28
OK, thanks for the shout OT. That's far more reasonable. Maybe they're trying to punish Sky customers!

The other option is to mirror and get the £5 a month mobile deal, which sounds like I can just cast out to Apple TV or do I need cables? I'm happy to pay a bit for decent quality visuals, but £30 was far too steep.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
17 February, 2020 10:30
Still a rip off via Sky - [www.bt.com]

Mobile and Apple TV looks like by best route. Is this in HD does anyone know?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 February, 2020 10:46
Yes I get the app free on EE and bought a £50 (eek) lightening to HDMI connector from Apple which I then watch on the TV. It allows standard casting for free or you can upgrade to HD casting for about a fiver a month (I think) if you really want to see every blade of grass.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
17 February, 2020 12:43
The Lightning to HDMIs I've seen seem to have some kind of DRM content control to prevent certain apps (Netflix, Prime, etc.) from being output?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
17 February, 2020 13:47
They do. If itís a problem you can also just log into the BT sport app through a smart tv but think that this isnít free (a small additional cost though, comparatively).

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Devonport Lad
Devonport Lad
17 February, 2020 15:17
I was paying BT a silly amount of money for BT Sport as a stand alone package after switching to Sky for broadband 18 months ago. Had a word with Sky this morning - result is price for BT Sport via Sky 33% cheaper than I was paying BT and another reduction in my Broadband package - happy with that. In my experience Sky are usually prepared to negotiate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net