Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Poll: To refund or not refund
Discussion started by CoochieCoo (IP Logged), 20 March, 2020 14:57
MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
20 March, 2020 14:57

Should the club refund STH?

Yes - I want a refund
No - keep it to pay wages
Give me a credit for next year
Other - specify

You must be logged in to vote.

31 Votes

Show results

If the season is not completed!

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

P G Tips
P G Tips
20 March, 2020 15:44
I liked the idea from the Facebook group of a "gift" or gesture to season ticket holders who do not ask for a refund.

I hope that the support staff can all be kept secure during this trying time.

PG

dcsh
dcsh
20 March, 2020 16:50
I vote ‘Other’ - I’m happy for the club to keep my money to ensure that support and low paid staff are retained. The same goes for lower paid or academy player. However I think the top paid players should take a pay cut to support the club finances during this period if there is the prospect of other losing their jobs.

Bath Supporter Jack
Bath Supporter Jack
20 March, 2020 17:04
Yes I should have thought of that dcsh..........very good idea

P G Tips
P G Tips
20 March, 2020 17:48
dcsh
The club are cutting player salaries by 25%.
See the Chron website.

Not sure if this is imposed or agreed by consultation.

P G Tips

Levi Davis: my adopted Player, 2019-20.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
20 March, 2020 17:57
Quote:
P G Tips
dcsh
See the Chron website.

Doubt the club can impose it on players without being in breach of contract.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
20 March, 2020 17:57
A lot is made from the fact that Exeter is in profit - they pay upto the cap as we often hear from Rob B but it is their facilities that make them a load of cash from off the field income. That will be stuffed as well presumably - I can't see anyone having a conference or wedding in the next few months.

Ironically I guess that if it is imposed then Sarries will be under the salary cap this year?

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

dcsh
dcsh
20 March, 2020 20:51
Quote:
P G Tips
dcsh
See the Chron website.

My point was more that not all players play is equal, just as not all employees at our organisations will be. Therefore, as with many thing, those with the broadest shoulders should take the greatest load. If the club needs to keep season ticket money as well cutting top earners wages then that’s fine with me.

Edit: The Guardian is reporting that:
“Saracens, Wasps, Worcester and Gloucester on Friday became the first top-flight clubs to agree 25% pay cuts with their players and staff from next month”
[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 08:24 by dcsh.

warrenball
warrenball
21 March, 2020 09:02
I think there are a lot of employees who would accept 75% of their wages if they have been sent home and it seems a fair solution at this time, although if the government is paying 80% of wages up to a certain level it means all employees under that cap should be paid full salary. I have a lot of sympathy for older players who will find it more difficult to keep fully fit and may well find they end up retiring before they were expecting, without the normal send off.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce
21 March, 2020 10:56
Good shout dcsh, seems fair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net