Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

BT Sport
Discussion started by warrenball (IP Logged), 21 March, 2020 12:48
warrenball
warrenball
21 March, 2020 12:48
Having a bit more time than usual I went to BT Sport to check my account and see if a pause is being offered as I only use it to watch rugby. I found my £11.99 subscription had increased by £2.00 last summer. as they told me, but without warning had jumped to £29.99 in December.

The website made it as difficult as possible to get any information and only offered a telephone line which, 30 minutes in, is not being answered - what a surprise!

I am so annoyed at this cynical attitude not only will I cancel the sport but everything else with this terrible company and I am quite happy to do without them in the future. I hope they get the blasting they deserve on social media.

DanWiley
DanWiley
21 March, 2020 13:01
How do you pay? Mine hasn't gone up.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
21 March, 2020 13:02
Can't actually see how BT sport can charge when there isn't any sport! (Sm9)

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Kaapstad
Kaapstad
21 March, 2020 13:03
BT seems to have great engineers, but customer service? they are appalling. Once they have you signed they couldn't give a monkeys.

My mobile provider EE was offering me a BT package which I refused based on past experience.

dcsh
dcsh
21 March, 2020 13:07
Sadly despite the modern approach BT Sport has brought to rugby coverage, their account management and billing services are more than a decade behind Sky.

Sky by contrast have set up a web page to pause your sports subscription
[www.sky.com]
Although even that appears to be struggling under the weight of numbers at present.

BT have this statement [sport.bt.com] and say that if competitions are cancelled that will look at compensation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 13:09 by dcsh.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
21 March, 2020 13:40
I watch BT Sport through their app cast to the TV. I am with Plusnet and they have the BT Sport sub at £10pm. Plusnet is a sub of BT but cheaper and better customer service.

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

warrenball
warrenball
21 March, 2020 13:58
Finally got through to BT Sport and found, although they had not told me, that the price went up when I came out of contract, but nowhere on their site did it give any information about contract length. However having told me I was out of contract the BT guy could not stop me canceling the subscription immediately. When I suggested politely that BT's site was set up to make it as difficult as possible to find information or cancel the contract he told me I was only looking at it from a customers point of view, from the BT business point of view it increased profits!

I think (and hope) BT will lose a lot of business with this cynical attitude, certainly I will not be doing business with them again.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
21 March, 2020 14:09
Cancelled BT sport, cancelled Sky sports and cancelled gym membership. Donít see why a charge should be made when the service isnít being provided.

Might have stuck with reruns until it became clear there will be no live sport until 2021 at the absolute earliest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 14:41 by OutsideBath.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
21 March, 2020 14:51
Quote:
OutsideBath
Cancelled BT sport, cancelled Sky sports and cancelled gym membership. Donít see why a charge should be made when the service isnít being provided.
Might have stuck with reruns until it became clear there will be no live sport until 2021 at the absolute earliest.

Fully understand that.

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

P G Tips
P G Tips
21 March, 2020 18:50
Quote:
warrenball
When I suggested politely that BT's site was set up to make it as difficult as possible to find information or cancel the contract he told me I was only looking at it from a customers point of view, from the BT business point of view it increased profits!
I think (and hope) BT will lose a lot of business with this cynical attitude, certainly I will not be doing business with them again.

WB
Why not write to Customer Servs Director BT & quote this back at him/her (unattributed)?

That way you can:

* Get your gripe across
* Show that their shoddy approach is transparent
* (hopefully) do other customers (and perhaps yourself in future) a favour in getting BT to pay attention to customer service.

Their cynicism is appalling. To admit so bluntly just shows unacceptable arrogance.

PG

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman
21 March, 2020 19:07
Quote:
OutsideBath

Should have paused Sky Sports.

You still have all the channels, Sky just wonít charge you until the ďaction returnsĒ.

Top banana from Sky. Like has been said, I fear Iím going to have to call BT to get a pause as their website is honking.

Also, my gym emailed me today and they are not taking any fees until they reopen.

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 19:08 by ChippenhamRoman.

SimonG19
SimonG19
21 March, 2020 19:14
Don't bother about customer services go to the top man the Chief Executive. I had a problem renewing my contract a couple of months ago so I emailed him (philip.jansen@bt.com). I got a telephone call from a member of his team the following day resulting in a new contract at a much discounted price, additional TV channels free of charge and a month's credit.

If I am having problems with organisations I always go straight to the Chief Exec. OK so he/she doesn't personally deal with it but it almost always results in someone in their department with a bit of clout sorting things out. Always be polite though!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
21 March, 2020 19:32
Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Quote:
OutsideBath

You still have all the channels, Sky just wonít charge you until the ďaction returnsĒ.

Top banana from Sky. Like has been said, I fear Iím going to have to call BT to get a pause as their website is honking.

Also, my gym emailed me today and they are not taking any fees until they reopen.

J

I have been trying to pause on Sky all day keep getting a message that they are having technical issues! How did you get through?

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

charlieboa
charlieboa
21 March, 2020 19:38
I managed to pause sky via the above link. Took a few goes but relatively painless.

Now on to BT which sounds more troublesome. Just have to ring?

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman
21 March, 2020 20:54
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Quote:
OutsideBath

J

I have been trying to pause on Sky all day keep getting a message that they are having technical issues! How did you get through?

Trick is to use a mobile log into your Sky account. (Not the Covid link). Once logged in click on the bell icon on top right. You will have a message about COVID. Use that link. It then takes a bit but I did manage to get through.

Like you the link on the email simply didnít work with me.

J

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
21 March, 2020 22:13
Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Quote:
OutsideBath

J

Trick is to use a mobile log into your Sky account. (Not the Covid link). Once logged in click on the bell icon on top right. You will have a message about COVID. Use that link. It then takes a bit but I did manage to get through.

Like you the link on the email simply didnít work with me.

J

Same problem! Trying their Twitter help line who say they are inundated!

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho
22 March, 2020 08:12
I managed to pause sky sports through that link but it took quite a few tries. Not really sure Iím that fussed about starting Sky back up again - was thinking through all the coverage theyíve lost in recent years:
Champions League
FA Cup
Prem Rugby
All European Rugby
Pro14
Top 14
WWE

Even their Super Rugby coverage has been stripped back to a direct feed from the host broadcaster, no studio not analysis, no highlights programme.

charlieboa
charlieboa
22 March, 2020 08:22
I like it for the cricket and the golf still (and autumn ints). All this 'competition' is a bit of joke....if you like most sports you just end up throwing money at multiple suppliers but no idea what the answer is...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
22 March, 2020 08:34
I have cancelled my EE BT sport Ďadd-oní which was very easy.

Noticed I am paying a fortune for Virgin broadband and there is literally no way to either talk to anyone or cancel at the moment. Phone takes you to the website - which is a Ďbotí helper (ooo-er) which only seems to have been programmed to upgrade your package as it says it doesnít understand when you type anything about change, downgrade or cancel...Seems like a good business model!

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath
22 March, 2020 08:48
If youíre not in a fixed term contact just cancel your DD, rest assured someone will call you pretty quickly.

dcsh
dcsh
22 March, 2020 09:13
Iím in contact with BT, so phoned as their lines opened and got one months credit for my sport package and 3 months freeHD. It live sport isnít back in a month Iíll be back in contact for some more credit.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
22 March, 2020 11:12
Done it but not through the web site which still have the technical difficulties message. Rang 08001512747 and chose the option to cancel sky sports, they asked if I would prefer to pause, said yes and it was done!

Could have saved myself two days of grief by using the old telephone!

warrenball
warrenball
22 March, 2020 12:30
If we have a bit more time, now would be a good time to go through all our regular bills and see if we can find a better alternative supplier and save some money. It sounds crazy to me but if you stay loyal to almost any utilities/entertainment/insurance supplier they will fleece you if they can.

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl
22 March, 2020 16:35
I get Sky Sports and Bt Sport via a Virgin package, I can't find out if they will offer pausing these two.

Nothing can stop the Duke of Earl

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
22 March, 2020 16:41
Quote:
warrenball
If we have a bit more time, now would be a good time to go through all our regular bills and see if we can find a better alternative supplier and save some money. It sounds crazy to me but if you stay loyal to almost any utilities/entertainment/insurance supplier they will fleece you if they can.

Wise words. Just changed my home insurance, Churchill was my suppplier and quoted over £400 to renew again, Direct Line offered c£250 with added value. Not a bad hourly rate in terms of the time it took for me, beware inertia...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
hemington
22 March, 2020 16:47
The problem with cheap insurance is whether they look after you when you claim. Most will try everything to stop paying you . I'm more than happy to pay extra for a company with a good record of dealing with claims fairly and speedily.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k
22 March, 2020 17:05
Quote:
hemington
The problem with cheap insurance is whether they look after you when you claim. Most will try everything to stop paying you . I'm more than happy to pay extra for a company with a good record of dealing with claims fairly and speedily.

Churchill and Direct Line [DL] are part of the same group, Churchill were great when I had to make a claim for a water issue last year and advised me to shop around when they sent their renewal letter this month. The DL ad campaign with Harvey Keitel as Winston Wolf was also a factor...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
22 March, 2020 17:06
Right BT Sports cancelled now so total saving with Sky Sports £35 pm! Going to take my wife out...... oh wait a minute!

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl
23 March, 2020 09:33
Virgin say there is no way to pause Sky Sports charges, even though Sky offer this

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
23 March, 2020 10:54
Quote:
Duke of Earl
Virgin say there is no way to pause Sky Sports charges, even though Sky offer this

yes, and also saying that they are too busy to talk to anyone about it, so please go away customers...

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl
23 March, 2020 11:12
I've emailed Virgin Media 's CEO.
TBA.........

gmem
Garym
23 March, 2020 11:58
While WFH today, I was on hold with BT for an hour and was then informed that my broadband contract finished tomorrow. They even agreed that they were at fault for not informing me of this! Long and short was that they reduced my broadband by a good discount and BT Sport by an even bigger number fixed for two years with a rebate for the next 3 months (e.g. free). So it is worth calling them

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker
23 March, 2020 14:03
I see what you mean, you can upgrade on-line but not downgrade, the cheats:

ENTERTAINMENT PLUS
See the channels youíve got
£8.00 a month

BT SPORT ON TV
£10.00

bardofavon
bardofavon
23 March, 2020 16:49
i cancelled bt sport yesterday. i get it via plus net so it was easy to just go into my plus net account and uncheck the bt sport option- which incidentally only costs 15 quid. no telephone calls, no sales pressure.

gaz59
gaz59
23 March, 2020 19:12
The advice to check accounts for automatic renewals is spot on, thank you. Norton took £69.99 from my credit card recently for protection I had on the laptop that died last autumn. I have since switched to gmail and haven't checked my old yahoo account for ages which is the one I had used for the Norton account

Allegedly returns are valid for 60 days from purchase so phone call to customer services imminent

Will take the time and opportunity to check other cards and accounts. Good learning point for the future

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
23 March, 2020 19:58
I check all my bank accounts Including my one credit card every morning even before I come on Ďere. Have caught two unusual payments in the last 10 years and got them sorted double quick!

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl
24 March, 2020 08:49
You can now request a pause in Sky Sports charges if you have Sky Sports via Virgin.
www.virginmedia.com/pauseskysports

MESSAGES->author
hemington
24 March, 2020 09:03
Quote:
Duke of Earl
You can now request a pause in Sky Sports charges if you have Sky Sports via Virgin.
www.virginmedia.com/pauseskysports

But not BT sports!

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl
24 March, 2020 09:09
But it's a start.

MESSAGES->author
hemington
24 March, 2020 09:13
Sorry but not if you don't have Sky but do have BT

Dunno
Bod
24 March, 2020 10:06
The BT sports presenters seem to enjoy a fine time from their remunerations. Dallaglio caught in brothel!!

"The former England rugby captain Lawrence Dallaglio made 'payments of up to £10,000 at brothels', it has been alleged.

The retired sport star, 47, is accused of spending money from his own bank cards during visits to a discrete Georgian townhouse in Holborn, London, which also offered clients cocaine, an open court heard.

Dallaglio's alleged visits were revealed during the trial of a gang that was accused of providing prostitutes and the class A drugs inside the establishment, The Sun reported.

During the six-week trial at Wood Green crown court, North London, the father-of-two was not called to give evidence."

eye popping smiley

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
24 March, 2020 10:11
Wow, don't agree but as long as no-one is getting hut its his money to do what he likes with. Now I understand what he is talking about when he accuses players of having white line fever!

BerkeleyWood
The Bear
24 March, 2020 10:30
Quote:
shipwrecked
Wow, don't agree but as long as no-one is getting hut its his money to do what he likes with. Now I understand what he is talking about when he accuses players of having white line fever!

The fact that they are providing Class A drugs and prostitutes very strongly implies someone (probably, lots) of people are being hurt. These are not typically voluntary organisations.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman
25 March, 2020 11:54
Just called BT Sport on 0800 800 150. Get your account number to hand.

BT are automatically giving you 3 months worth credit to your account!

The guy off the record said if itís all the same in three months time. Call them again for another 3 months.

Result!

Call only took 11 minutes, and that included changing my address as they still had my old address on record.

J

dpw
dpw
27 March, 2020 19:04
Virgin Media are now allowing both Sky and BT Sports to be paused.

[www.virginmedia.com]

Scroll down page.....

sid the seagull
sid the seagull
27 March, 2020 21:06
Hang on just a tick, BOD IS BACK? !

PECK

ok by me btw

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer
28 March, 2020 11:06
OK by me as well. Bod always had something to offer to the debate on what is supposed to be an open forum where all views and opinions could be aired and discussed.

Where is Ballsout?

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
28 March, 2020 11:40
Different Bod? This one has posted a handful of times in the last 10 years.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo
28 March, 2020 11:50
Quote:
Bathovalballer
OK by me as well. Bod always had something to offer to the debate on what is supposed to be an open forum where all views and opinions could be aired and discussed.
Where is Ballsout?

It is an open forum and no one is banned for expressing an opinion or a view, but they need to express themselves in a manner which is acceptable in line with the rules of the board for the greater good of this community.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
28 March, 2020 11:52
Quote:
BathMatt53
Different Bod? This one has posted a handful of times in the last 10 years.

Not so sure Matt, 1,000 posts since 2016, don't trust the counter, click on show posts for the actual content.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub
28 March, 2020 12:46
Rugby fix on Bt sport 3 today, tries of the season 2018/19 at 2.00 pm followed by Quins v Stade 2011 then Quins v Tigers 2012 final. (Sm128)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

MESSAGES->author
hemington
28 March, 2020 16:51
Quote:
dpw
Virgin Media are now allowing both Sky and BT Sports to be paused.
[www.virginmedia.com]

Scroll down page.....

Thanks for the heads up. Just done so and we can still watch the channels whilst not paying for them. My kind of a deal.

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs
28 March, 2020 17:04
BT Sport now offering 1 (not 3) month's credit automatically. It's on the website.

And re: needing a rugby fix: Scottish Rugby, Edinburgh and Glasgow are all showing 'as live' games on YouTube on their respective channels. Watched the All Blacks game from a few years ago last night. Better than staring at a dark screen.

SimonG19
SimonG19
29 March, 2020 11:28
Quote:
callmeMrTibbs
BT Sport now offering 1 (not 3) month's credit automatically. It's on the website....

Worth mentioning that you have to apply for the credit and there is an option to donate it to the NHS.

bardofavon
bardofavon
29 March, 2020 13:28
dallaglio has form. tales of his drug taking and dealing have dogged his career. there was the notorious newspaper sting in 1999 (?). he was also rumoured to be a regular dealer and taker at school. there have been times this year oin BT when he has been all over the place. talking gibberish and referring to the wrong venue and even the wrong teams! he and the rest of the 2003 media pack are long overdue a retirement.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
29 March, 2020 14:00
Quote:
bardofavon
he and the rest of the 2003 media pack are long overdue a retirement.

Kay, Greenwood and Wilkinson are really good IMO.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul
30 March, 2020 12:09
Thanks for all the information on suspending Sky Sport and BT Sports
Sky Sports Suspended for 3 months via their automated phone line
BT one month donated via their website

Cheers
Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net