Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Champions & Challenge Cups & Olympics
Discussion started by Mike the Taxi (IP Logged), 24 March, 2020 13:34
Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
24 March, 2020 13:34
[www.bbc.co.uk] - Cups postponed

[www.bbc.co.uk] - Olympics next year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 14:55 by Mike the Taxi.

gaz59
gaz59
25 March, 2020 11:03
How about rescheduling start of next season to say 1st January 2021?

Can't think why a season necessarily has to run September to May

Would give time to finish this season and mean next season less games played in mud

Extend all existing player contracts to end of this season whenever that is rather than a specific month

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
25 March, 2020 11:13
Quote:
gaz59

Would give time to finish this season and mean next season less games played in mud

Extend all existing player contracts to end of this season whenever that is rather than a specific month

So what happens if a player has arranged a contract with another club where he gets a significant pay rise? Does he have to stay at a club he wants to leave on a significantly lower salary for another 6 months?

I would prefer to the clean slate - sack off this season (which was a mess anyway) and start afresh next season. easy for me to say when I'm not running the financials of a Prem club mind.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
25 March, 2020 11:16
Quote:
gaz59

That would mean finishing in August wouldn't it, do they not play as much cricket on the Rec then?
Hard summer grounds could be rather unpleasant!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net