Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Saints tie up with beleaguered Blues
Discussion started by Bod (IP Logged), 25 June, 2020 21:48
K-Nut
Bod
25 June, 2020 21:48
Link up to support Bedford

Is this an option going forwards for Bath with another local club? Taunton for example?

(Sm3)

Bath Supporter Jack
Bath Supporter Jack
26 June, 2020 12:54
Yes that strikes me as a very good idea.

I thought we had some kind of, maybe informal, arrangement with Leeds Carnegie.

Mind you Cornish Pirates or Newbury, being a tad closer to Bath might make more sense.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker
26 June, 2020 13:03
Ive always thought this would be a good idea, it could go down the leagues too i.e. bedford working with one below

MESSAGES->author
hasta
26 June, 2020 13:09
Rams are an interesting one - based in Reading, come up some leagues recently, finished second in ND1. I think a tie up with a team who're genuinely pursuing promotion to the Prem might be a challenge.

dcsh
dcsh
26 June, 2020 13:57
We have had various connections with Newbury in the past, not sure if they were formal.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker
26 June, 2020 14:05
I assume it happens quite a bit informally my son's rugby club Cirencester has a lot of links with gloucester we're always gettign ex players in there. For various events you cant move for them, although we did have Flats last year.

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
@Hydor18
26 June, 2020 19:31
We seemed to have a similar relationship with Leeds / Yorkshire, with lots of players going back and forth.
Beech, Green, Davies, Fox, to name but a few.

gaz59
gaz59
27 June, 2020 09:49
Didn't we also have a tie with a south coast club, Brixham RFC some years ago?

Disunited
Disunited
27 June, 2020 16:58
I favour a strategic partnership with Exeter...

dcsh
dcsh
29 June, 2020 14:17
Quote:
Disunited
Who do you think would be the junior partner in that relationship at present!

Disunited
Disunited
29 June, 2020 16:33
Quote:
dcsh
Quote:
Disunited
Who do you think would be the junior partner in that relationship at present!

Happy for Exeter to act as a feeder club..... Indeed we have already had Andy Beattie and Will Chudley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net