Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Ruaridh McConnochie's gains and metres per carry
Discussion started by exbathballboy (IP Logged), 19 September, 2020 06:48
exbathballboy
exbathballboy
19 September, 2020 06:48
[mobile.twitter.com]
11.7 - Ruaridh McConnochie has gained 11.7 metres per carry on average in
@premrugby
since it restarted in August, the best average gain of any player to make 10+ carries in that period. Burst.

Anyone think we have a special player here?
I big up our players, but a big maybe if Bath make the semi's and further, and 'if' his form continues. A Lion outsider potentially.

He has phenomenal off the ball energy, wonderful try saving tackle against Sale last week and an other similar not so long ago. He poaches, creates spaces, deft hands, turnovers. He can't kick but neither can Nowell, May, cokanasiga, really.
Amazing trainer and mentaility according to Hooper.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53
19 September, 2020 08:58
Actually his kicking has been OK IMO.

The issue for the Lions I think is that there are a load of wingers and also the management will be desperate to get some non-English in the Touring squad. Plus there are quite a few players (such as Daly) that would be taken for their versatility who can also play on the wing.

But agree, he has that 'deceptively difficult to tackle' X factor as well as his great high ball skills and great work ethic on the pitch (and by the sounds of it, off it).

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
19 September, 2020 10:51
Absolutely, been very much a fan and the post lockdown period has shown he has a real poacher element about him. Remember Rhys Webb pointed out he was a real talent from his short time here.
Add in Joe C if he gets back to his best and it only highlights the threat we have outside. I'd be looking for a 10 with a good cross field kick!

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

charlieboa
charlieboa
19 September, 2020 10:53
Has been superb since his switch to 15s and esp since restart.

Seems to be both quicker and stronger than he looks. Looked great when he covered 15 last season as well.

Really hopeful muir can emulate his achievements, if so will prove another seriously good bit of business by the club...

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi
19 September, 2020 13:37
Nah! You're all living in fantasy land (Sm163)! BO will be along in a minute to put his 6 eggs in.

exbathballboy
exbathballboy
19 September, 2020 18:39
He was an outside shot for England WC.
But I'm more focused on his Bath career. Just one of those players that comes out of no where. Like Rokodoguni and Brew (even though he was a Wales cap, and Davies signing).
We have an interesting and effective scouting department.
But McConnochie's is a very all rounded and cultured player, and getting better...

gaz59
gaz59
19 September, 2020 22:22
And as Opti has commented, his reliability under high ball is exceptional

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone
19 September, 2020 22:34
Great ability and super temperament. How come he was sat in the 7ís world for so long?

Really pleased we have him.

MESSAGES->author
hasta
19 September, 2020 22:40
I suspect the carrot of the first Olympic games with rugby 7s and making the final was attractive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net