Latest news:

Schonert misses out
Discussion started by fozzie66 (IP Logged), 04 July, 2019 12:41
fozzie66
fozzie66
04 July, 2019 12:41
England training squad announced. Shame for Nick. Now ambivalent ref singleton and te’o.

centrethere
centrethere
04 July, 2019 14:02
Really tough for Nick but the blue and gold jersey has to mean a lot

fozzie66
fozzie66
04 July, 2019 14:28
Injuries may yet be a factor.

Simba
Simba
04 July, 2019 15:06
And Marler is back in

Ronster
Drahm for England
05 July, 2019 08:54
I would have thought that Sinckler & Williams would be ahead of Nick but it must have been a tight call between him and Dan Cole. Cole is still a good player but perhaps not as effective as he has been in the past. I wonder if Cole's ability over the ball swung it for him?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
05 July, 2019 09:45
Quote:
fozzie66
... Now ambivalent ref singleton and te’o.

I'm not - they're not Worcester players.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop
05 July, 2019 19:55
I don’t see the star effect about Sinckler personally, but hey ho.

Hope Sharky doesn’t feel the need to move on to make a point to Jones.

Although Jones has come to Sixways , apart from his live affair with T’eo, not sure if he truly came to watch Warriors when he did come. More like opposite numbers IMO.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed
05 July, 2019 21:09
Poor decision by Eddie for me. I won’t be surprised if Sinckler gets wound up and costs a card or three.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
05 July, 2019 21:52
Nick is a great scrumagger but needs to be better in the loose to get into the Englans squad IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver
06 July, 2019 13:11
I agree with ROLLO, gone are the days when all a prop needs to do is scrummage. I think Nick has moved his wider game up a level, buts he's not an explosive runner, nor prolific at the breakdown.

Offa
Offa
06 July, 2019 19:11
Sinkler is a solid scrummager, and very, very good around the park.
He has been a real asset to England and is getting better game by game. He does need to lengthen his fuse, though. But he is clearly our best 3.
Nick will have been told what he needs to work on. It certainly won't be his scrummaging as I agree that he is better at this than KS. The rest is up to Nick.
Rugby is brutal. If he stays fit, I wouldn't bet against him getting to Japan yet.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
07 July, 2019 00:02
Have to agree with that. Sinckler’s speed and hands for a tighthead are outstanding. Same with Mako Vunipola at loosehead. They both can pass like a back and are excellent at off loading. Nick has added the offloading to his game and I do think he’s slightly better in all departments that Cole, but Sinckler is that benchmark

Warrior7
Warrior7
07 July, 2019 00:05
I'd agree with the above 3-4 posts about Sinckler, etc. Schonert is more on form than Cole but Cole has the experience and is better at the breakdown. The squad as a whole are lacking caps, so his inclusion makes sense.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
07 July, 2019 22:01
We should expect Nick to be in the running for the 6N.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed
07 July, 2019 22:13
EJ clearly knows more than me.

I think Cole’s past it, and Sinckler’s a potential liability.

We’ll see.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
08 July, 2019 09:32
Well, hopefully we'll get Tiggers and the Hairies in the first block of games, whilst England are still in the Far East, with a fired up Nick eager to prove a point.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net