Duncan: Not going to Southern Kings?
Discussion started by A38 (IP Logged), 29 July, 2019 07:46
A38
A38
29 July, 2019 07:46

Villages12
Villages12
29 July, 2019 09:53
Well it seems that Worcester News stirs up trouble, assisted by a few people on here, they use words that may or may not have been used by an official source at Warriors and then a couple of weeks later they tell us it's not going to happen.

In between times, Rory Duncan, is positioned as the bad guy and the usual suspects start to air their woes not helping the team spirit of the club. They read that Rory is " not in our forward plans" and begin to speculate, all over a badly worded press release or newspaper.

The sad part is that Warriors official press guys have said nothing to supporters that I've seen.

If Rory or his family want to move back to South Africa, good luck to them, it's not for us to make judgements on that decision. On the other hand, whoever the amateur press release writer or the WN reporter they should be careful how they write their story because there's always someone awaiting in the wings to misinterpret what's been said.

kiddykid
kiddykid
29 July, 2019 19:41
I'm getting confuse not difficult!
Is RD going or is he not? If he wants to go but didn't get the Southern Kings job then a return to Sixways is surely out of the question. Or have I mis-read all that has been put out into the wide open world?
The one sure way to settle this is for the Club to issue an official statement confirming and / or denying - and then we can all get on with our lives and continue to look forward to nxt season. But, if all these press releases have been put out there then I suspect there is no smoke without fire.
On another front, some posters onto this forum sometimes claim to have 'inside information' or claim to be a confidant of someone at Sixways, so, What is going on, and if he is going, who is coming in?
I look forward to getting some interesting replies.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
29 July, 2019 21:26
No-one ever said he was going EVER!

The club said he could talk to other clubs.

The club said it was not “envisaged” that he would be in the club’s strategic plan

Duncan put himself forward quite openly for the Kings appointment.

Duncan removed himself from that shortlist

No-one ever said he was going, so I believe he is NOT going anywhere.

JP

SimonG19
SimonG19
30 July, 2019 11:02
So he is staying in order to not be part of the club's strategic plan.

Well that's cleared that up then.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver
31 July, 2019 08:06
Whenever the club issues a statement/comment it ends up like on of those stories where each person adds the next line. The lack of I formation and honesty from the club just breeds wild stabs in the dark that then somehow become fact. Why don't the club just tell the truth?

If the club don't want RD then say so. If RD wants to leave then say so. It's the same old nonsense every time. We still don't know why DR left.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net