Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist
07 August, 2019 21:56
Interesting article including possible ground sharing

The Rugby Paper

Simba
Simba
08 August, 2019 06:06
So now we have a 5 year plan. Maybe one day one of these plans will actually complete.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 August, 2019 06:58
It makes complete sense to get other sports and eventing to use OUR facilities and give us an income stream.

Good move

JP

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie
08 August, 2019 08:30
There were a couple of things in that article that stood out for me.

1. The focus on growing Sixways as a venue and a cash earner outside of the rugby Whilst there has been lots of talk about this in the past it seems to be not just a key objective of the new owners but something that is being actively and evidently pursued.

2. The bit where they have tasked Solly with coming up with his plan and then looked at how the owners and the business make that happen. That should reassure those who are concerned that the rugby might take a back seat behind all the other stuff.

3. I also like that the owners are humble enough to realise they don't have all the answers and have acknowledged that it is vital to have good people in charge of each area of operations. Talking to several people on the ground at Sixways, it seems that that is an approach that permeates the management, with people being listened to, trusted to get on with their jobs, and given the support to enable them to do so, including in many of the investments and improvements being made this summer and planned.

There are grounds for cautious optimism, I believe.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior
08 August, 2019 08:46
Nothing really new in the article but its nice to see the owners talking to people and the press rather than hiding away which I feared they may have been doing at the start.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
08 August, 2019 09:15
I have been told on a few occassions the CD is very impressed with Colin and Jason. If we don't trust anyone esle we should trust Cecil.

Sheldon
Sheldon
08 August, 2019 10:25
I liked the article. It does all seem to make sense.

"Hellbent" is almost as good as it gets!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net