Latest news:

Ben Te'o's Toulon switch stinks, says former England back Ugo Monye
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 28 August, 2019 16:23
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
28 August, 2019 16:23
Quote:
Ben Te'o's decision to call time on his England career by moving to French side Toulon "stinks", says former England back Ugo Monye.
The New Zealand-born centre, 32, signed a short-term deal with the French Top 14 side shortly after being left out of Eddie Jones' World Cup squad.

It means Te'o, who was involved in an off-field altercation at an England camp earlier in August, cannot be called up as an injury replacement.

"I'm disappointed," said Monye.

"I think it is borderline disrespectful. For me, playing for your country is the pinnacle. It is something that millions of people dream of doing and only a few get a chance to do so.

"You can't come and swear allegiance to the country and then the moment things get a bit bumpy, catch the next flight to the south of France. It doesn't sit well with me at all."

And with me!!!

Full Article

JP

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper
28 August, 2019 17:50
Teo apparently got into a fight sufficiently serious to warrant disciplinary action, including being dropped from the squad. I wonder if it actually happened after he knew he wasn't going to Japan? He's then thrown his toys out of the pram and decided that he's had enough of England - both our country and our team, as he wasn't making himself available as cover.

Teo is a very selfish person, a one-dimensional player - and he won't be missed by England or Worcester.

Inbox
Inbox
28 August, 2019 17:59
You have to smile that someone supposedly as knowledgeable about the game as Monye has just realised that Ben Teo is looking after himself, now that England are disposing of his services. The basis of his stay in the UK was his England/Lions career, evident of his miserly 30 appearances for Warriors over his contract.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
28 August, 2019 18:27
Absolute agree he cares about no-one but himself and his bank account. He is not English and doesn't give a stuff about England or the British.

Good riddance
JP

centrethere
centrethere
29 August, 2019 17:44
Amazed no leaks on the bust up yet

John Tee
John Tee
29 August, 2019 20:49
i think he probably cares as much about England as Jones cares about him...and Jones treatment of some players is contemptible.

If I were a Wuss supporter i wouldn't have much time for him but i wouldnt take any lecturers from Jones about loyalty either.
Tbf, Jones has been Jones and isn't complaining, others are.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
02 September, 2019 16:27
The Rugby Paper yesterday has three separate atricles in which Teo's actions are mentioned in a negative light. It really does seemed to have generated a lot of comment.
Teo won't care a lot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net