Latest news:

Is Our team better this season?
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 29 August, 2019 08:25
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
29 August, 2019 08:25
Quote:
WN
Last season saw Worcester involved in a scrap with Leicester Tigers and Newcastle Falcons before a run of three victories from their final four games saw them pull clear of safety.
But Solomons saw progress in their 10th-placed finish as they registered a club-record equalling nine Gallagher Premiership wins and the points tally of 46 was their highest since 2006 when they came eighth.

“I think we went a long way towards (getting players) to look up the table,” Solomons said.

“As I have said to the players we need to be the best we can be.

I feel Solly is absolutely right.

Yes, we may have lost Heem, Singleton and Adams but they are just 3 players out of a squad of 45 players. They were probably the best in their position we had but look who we have brought in. Remember the old adage, “forwards win games, backs decide by how many “.

Let’s look at our forwards, we have lost Sinclair but we have gained

Du Preez will be like a new recruit
Hill will be bigger, better and more experienced
Mudariki will have developed more
Moulds is new and very experienced
Montgomery is another massively developing backrow
Kitchener Snr will add to capability
Kitchener Jnr will be bigger, stronger more experienced

Then we will have new finishers Nanai and Fidow as well as a bigger improving Lawrence

I really feel we will be a better team than we were last season, what do you think?

Full Article Here

WarwickEastie
WarwickEastie
29 August, 2019 12:48
It's difficult to argue that the team is better - we've lost a couple of marquee players and not really gained any. It may be psychological only - but it doesn't feel like we have taken a step forward in recruitment.

That said, our problem last season wasn't that we couldn't score or win enough ball - it was appalling inconsistency and inability to put in performances away from home, problems which aren't down to one or two players.

If we can build on the form we were showing at the back end of the season and get a decent strike rate from our replacement wingers, then we should be in a position to equal or slightly better last season's result.

So often in the past, new marquee players have not performed (Rico for one), so the fact that we don't have any new ones is not necessarily an issue.

I think we'll miss Heem most - he could make anything happen and truly frightened any opposition...
WE

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
29 August, 2019 20:06
The team may not be better but the squad could be , which is probaly what may make the difference.
I expect us to see a much improved Fatialofa this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net