Latest news:

Morcambe FC Wages
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 29 August, 2019 18:49
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
29 August, 2019 18:49
Watching the news tonight reporting on Bury and Bolton football clubs, both close to my heart we bought our engagement ring from an extremely well renown jewelers in Bolton, growing up just down the road from Bury in Middleton(my sister lives and supports Bury FC, I heard some disturbing words.

Morecambe FC was included in the kits of northern clubs who are struggling financially to pay salaries!

Who owns them and who now owns us?

Which club takes their priority and what has happened to the £millions shared out to us from the CVC purchase?

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
29 August, 2019 20:03
What happesn if it is all a load rot?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
29 August, 2019 21:33
Which bit Rollo?

So far you have to say some improvements are happening at the club not particularly expansive or expensive but “something”

Now we know that over £250million was shared out within the Premiership shareholders if it was by a straight 14 (13 clubs plus Premier Rugby) that should be @£17million each. I had read somewhere that Premier Rugby held 5 shares which would make it between £13 & £14million.

If I remember correct someone on here had seen accounts showing @£8million had been deposited into the trading account.

Where’s the rest, £5million would be huge to Morecambe. Not that I am saying that is where it has gone, but where is it? Buy out McCrory cannot have been cheap.

Let’s hope we see some genuine investment into our stadia and infrastructure not just a bit of digitizing window dressing.

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
30 August, 2019 09:38
I was refereing JP to your sisters comment about Morcombe struggling to pay wages. Is this based on rumour or fact from a varivable source.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
30 August, 2019 09:44
Not my sisters comments Rollo

It was on the BBC news yesterday when they were reporting on the plight of Bury, it gave a list of clubs in financial trouble and Morecambe was one of them.

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
30 August, 2019 09:48
Did they say that they were having trouble paying wages?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
30 August, 2019 10:13
Yes, unfortunately the did Rollo

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
01 September, 2019 16:48
As I understand it they are two separate finacial entities. Any transfer of funds should be visible ( after a time, which could be too late of course ) We just have to have faith which currenlty I have. I believe it is quite common in the lower leagues for football clubs to be paying wages late with unpredictable cash flows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net