Latest news:

Billy Vunipola, Rested or Injured??
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 08 October, 2019 10:35
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 October, 2019 10:35
Quote:
The Independent
Billy Vunipola is increasingly unlikely to be fit to play against France in this weekendís Pool C showdown, with the forward unable to train outside with the bulk of the England squad on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old underwent a scan on Monday after injuring his ankle in Saturdayís 39-10 victory over Argentina, which booked Englandís place in the quarter-finals with a pool game to spare.

Despite scrum coach Neal Hatley playing down the injury, Vunipola appeared in a protective boot at the team hotel, raising fears the injury could be worse than feared.

My thoughts are rested and Ludlum looks in pretty good form.

Full Article Here

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again
08 October, 2019 10:40
In reality - withouit Billy V, England should have enough to beat France.

But in any event, even if he is the key, all we are playing for are what order we play Australia and Wales in should we want to get to the final. So it makes no sense to risk him.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again
08 October, 2019 11:20
Actually - that's total cobblers isn't it? We'd be in opposite sides of the draw from the pool A winners.

As you were.....

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 October, 2019 11:51
We have to play one of them in the Quarters TVM.

Which one would we all prefer Wales or Australia.?

If we win the league it could end up

Quarters - Australia
Semi's - All Blacks
Final - South Africa.

Wowcher

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again
08 October, 2019 12:34
Quote:
Faithful_City
We have to play one of them in the Quarters TVM.
Which one would we all prefer Wales or Australia.?

If we win the league it could end up

Quarters - Australia
Semi's - All Blacks
Final - South Africa.

Wowcher

JP

Yes I agree that is more relevant, I had it in my hand that if we beat Aus in the QF we would likely meet Wales in the semis and vice versa, so it didn't really matter.... but that is of course incorrect.

It's a strong old tournament this year. No easy fixtures come knock out time.

I am predicting the semis being Wales v South Africa and New Zealand V England.

After that all bets really are off.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 October, 2019 12:39
I absolutely agree.

Any of those last 4 can win it.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net