Latest news:

Respect
Discussion started by ROLLO (IP Logged), 02 November, 2019 13:17
ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
02 November, 2019 13:17
Well done to SA on winning the World Cup worthy winners on the day. I felt that we were playing not a team but a nation.
However it was in my view disrespecrful to our opponants and the tournamment for the Engalnd team, Curry apart, not to wear their losers medals. Sinkler was the first to take his off even before he had left the podium and others like sheep followed. IMHO bad form , if they don't want them give them away for charity if reaching a WC final means so little to them. Such a contrast to our grasious hosts.

Simba
Simba
02 November, 2019 13:44
Just the same as the man of the match medals after every league game.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
02 November, 2019 13:48
No comparision I am afraid Simba.

Simba
Simba
02 November, 2019 14:36
Same thing in my eyes, just a different scale.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
02 November, 2019 22:47
Absolutely agree Rollo, disgraceful behavior, it does not matter how bad you feel about losing it is a matter of respecting every other country that took part in the competition and their fantastic hosts the Japanese nation.

They should all be fined their match fees the money donated to the typhoon appeal.

A set of big spoilt brats who donít deserve to be called runners up.

In fact as they donít want the medals disqualify them and give them to New Zealand and Wales take the Bronze.

JP

NW2
NW2
03 November, 2019 08:52
"In fact as they donít want the medals disqualify them and give them to New Zealand and Wales take the Bronze."
JP[/quote]

Really!? Bit over the top I think! None of us will ever know how disappointed they felt to be getting silver medals instead of the gold they had worked so hard for. I'm sure when their initial hurt has abated, they will feel justifiably proud of them.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death
03 November, 2019 09:24
Itís just what we do in this country isnít it. Build our sports men and women up so we can bash them at every opportunity. I saw Sinclair take his off. Perhaps he felt he didnít deserve one given he only played two mins. Perhaps he was utterly devastated that his final was ruined after two mins. Why does it matter whether you wear it round your neck, hold it in your hand or put in your pocket.

sat fan
sat fan
03 November, 2019 11:51
Agreed - ludicrous over-reaction.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 November, 2019 12:01
Probably but one I believe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net