Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 03 November, 2019 11:04
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 November, 2019 11:04
About time this was sorted

Quote:
Rugby Pass

03 November, 9:22am
Saracens are facing the very real possibility of a mandatory 35-point deduction this season as Premiership Rugby look to throw the book at the reigning champions over breaches of salary cap regulations.

https://cdn.rugbypass.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/GettyImages-1085700346.jpg

An imminent punishment will be the result of a seven-month investigation into the club following revelations around alleged gratuities given to the top players via ‘co-investment’ opportunities with Saracens’ chairman Nigel Wray.

Saracens are preparing to mount a legal battle over the penalties which could see them forfeit millions in lost revenue and face a season in English rugby’s Championship division if they were relegated on the back of any points deduction

35 points will not see them relegated

Full Article Here

JP

HeemMachine
HeemMachine
03 November, 2019 20:54
Can the authorities please hurry up and carry out the sanctions attached to the rules which have so clearly been broken?

Once acted please can the authorities then investigate sale sharks??!!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
03 November, 2019 21:03
Quote:
HeemMachine
Can the authorities please hurry up and carry out the sanctions attached to the rules which have so clearly been broken?
Once acted please can the authorities then investigate sale sharks??!!
Don't dangle that carrot without elaborating!
What's happened @ Sale?!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

HeemMachine
HeemMachine
03 November, 2019 21:20
just saying that given the sale squad this year there is no way they are coming in under the salary cap.

Christoff
smitferbrainz
03 November, 2019 22:55
Saints fan in peace. I bet no significant sanction will result in fact I’d not be surprised if Premiership Rugby bottle it and do nothing at all. Would any of you guys be surprised if nothing happens?

NW2
NW2
04 November, 2019 07:17
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Saints fan in peace. I bet no significant sanction will result in fact I’d not be surprised if Premiership Rugby bottle it and do nothing at all. Would any of you guys be surprised if nothing happens?

Not in the least bit unfortunately.

Offa
Offa
04 November, 2019 13:41
I would expect no meaningful action.

everycloud
everycloud
04 November, 2019 14:11
Agreed. If they apply a sanction of that kind, will it mean that all the trophies they have won within the relevant time period will be forfeited, much like Lance Armstrongs TDF titles, as they have been won unfairly! They will put it in the too difficult to deal with box.

Eastrrr Bunny
Eastrrr Bunny
05 November, 2019 12:09
Now sat on -26 points, about frikkin time

Simba
Simba
05 November, 2019 16:31
I still feel they will finish above us come the end of the season!(Sm136)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net