Latest news:

The Wednesday Team Prediction
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 06 November, 2019 08:13
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
06 November, 2019 08:13
A few injuries on Sunday so I am guessing that Marco and Sam will be unavailable

This is the last of this group of games therefore going to stick with the match fit players for the game we really do need to win. Play like Sunday and we have a good chance

15. Pennell
14. Humphries
13. Beck
12. Mills
11. Nanai

10. Weir
09. Heaney

01. Waller
02. Annett
03. Carey
04. Bresler
05. Kitchener
06. Hill
07. Montgomery
08. Du Preez

16. Taufete’e
17. Black
18. Palframan
19. Fatialofa
20. Van Veltz
21. Kitto
22. Lance
23. Venter

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death
06 November, 2019 09:32
Unless our other second row options are injured Fatialofa shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad for this game.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
06 November, 2019 11:23
He will know and understand what he’s done.

He now needs the opportunity to redeem himself and put the record straight.

JP

Warrior7
Warrior7
06 November, 2019 12:55
Little Kitch should be on the bench instead of Fatialofa, providing he is fit. That doesn't even take into account last week - Andrew played seriously well against Exeter in the prem cup and 1st half vs Wasps.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
06 November, 2019 14:06
I don't think he is fit but if he is I agree

JP

centrethere
centrethere
06 November, 2019 17:30
officials for the game

Harlequins v Worcester Warriors (Twickenham Stoop, 3pm)

Referee: Matthew Carley

Assistant Referees: John Meredith & Gareth Holsgrove TMO: David Rose

Citing Officer: Buster White

M Carley was an assistant ref at the World Cup - but not sure how much action he got, but will have learned a lot

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
07 November, 2019 07:23
Must now take into consideration injuries, the side to play Quins is going to be different

2nd Selection

15. Nanai
14. Humphries
13. Beck
12. Venter
11. Fidow

10. Weir
09. Heaney

01. Waller
02. Annett
03. Carey
04. Bresler
05. Kitchener
06. Hill
07. Cox
08. Du Preez

16. Taufete’e
17. Black
18. Palframan
19. Fatialofa
20. Williams
21. Kitto
22. Shillcock
23. Lawrence

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
07 November, 2019 10:01
I don't think that Van Veltz is injured is he JP but Montgomery is ? Kitcherer A has been training so may be on the bench.
I wouldnt put Nanai at 15 especially with Fidow included, very dangerous IMHO. I would go Shillcock, Nanai, Beck, Venter, Humphries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 10:03 by ROLLO .

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
07 November, 2019 10:05
I agree Rollo that Shillcock would be safer at this stage. I would be disappointed if Howe didn’t make it as his pace would be very useful against Quins.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
07 November, 2019 10:15
Probably a better selection Rollo

Forgot about GJ

7 Hill
6 Du Preez
8 GJ

20 Cox

maybe?

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
07 November, 2019 10:34
According to WN Caleb Montgomery may need an operation and Kitchener A wont be involved , neither the new tighthead.
I agree about Howe shrewsburyman, but it was always going to be a choicebetween him and Humphries and we cannot sta that Perry has not taken his chance.
IMHO we need to try to get Lawrence involved.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
07 November, 2019 10:47
I haven't got Montgomery in my revised selection Rollo, which means we have all 3 7's injured that's why i have moved Hill to 7 as I feel he is more athletic than GJ and Du Preez

JP

Old Col
Old Col
07 November, 2019 12:24
What's happened to Lance?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
07 November, 2019 13:53
Injured I believe

JP

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 November, 2019 07:40
Quote:
WN

His injury has also created an opening at full-back and Solomons said Melani Nanai, Perry Humphreys, Jamie Shillcock and Jono Lance were all in the mix to replace him.

“There are guys that have played there like Melani, Pezza, Shilly and Jono so there are plenty of options,” Solomons said.

“Scotty (van Breda) can also play there but is away this weekend (on loan) with Southern Kings.”

Nanai is a strong alternative for Solomons having starred in the number 15 jersey with Blues in Super Rugby before moving to Warriors.

But Solomons primarily sees the 26-year-old as a winger and he is expected to remain on the flank for Worcester’s clash with Quins.

“We have to work out what is best for the team — I think that’s the important thing,” Solomons said.

“Melani is a winger that was moved to full-back in his last season at the Blues. But he can certainly play there.”

Reading the article indicates Fidow is definitely in there somewhere meaning Humphries or Nanai won’t be on the wing and may move to fullback. However he sees Nanai as a winger.

So could we see Lance or Shilly at 15 and Humphries steps down??

That would not be my preference.

Full Article Here

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net