Latest news:

Big Competition for the Back 3
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 06 November, 2019 08:27
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
06 November, 2019 08:27
Just as it should be, shame it’s not in every position.

Quote:
WN

PERRY Humphreys hopes his try-scoring showing in the defeat to Exeter Chiefs has done enough to stay ahead of his wing rivals at Worcester Warriors.

The 25-year-old flier has been named in the starting line-up for Warriors’ opening three Gallagher Premiership games.

But with Tom Howe, Dean Hammond and summer signing Ed Fidow all breathing down his neck Humphreys admitted he “needed a big game” on Sunday.

And he rose to the challenge, scoring two first-half tries to give Warriors a 17-3 lead before Exeter came back to win 24-20.

“It’s always good to score, especially at Premiership level,” Humphreys said.

“Tries come and go with opportunities but I want to start as many Premiership games as I can.

“I think the back three and the back row is the biggest competition here.

Full Article Here

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net