Latest news:

Interesting Stat?
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 08 November, 2019 14:10
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 November, 2019 14:10
I have just put up a stat covering the 1st 3 games in respect of points conceded per quarter of the game(20 min sections)

Interesting

JP

Malvern Man
Malvern Man
08 November, 2019 15:13
Where do we find it?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 November, 2019 15:18
Click seasonís stats link above the match video in the header

Malvern Man
Malvern Man
08 November, 2019 16:22
Got it thanks. Sorry to be so dim.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
08 November, 2019 16:33
Not at all as mobile users donít get the header.

So, I have created another menu list ďPandoraísĒ where I will place all the links from the header.

May have to turn mobiles landscape to get the best view for some of them.

JP

Warwick Eastie
Warwick Eastie
10 November, 2019 09:04
But last season, arguably we were starting slowly and having to catch up.

If this was a season's stats, I'd be more worried that we were either losing focus, or simply not fit enough - but given it's the average of 3 games, it's a bit early to draw too many conclusions.

The Quins game has probably levelled things out as we conceded all the points in the first half.

On balance, we have to be pretty happy with that first block of games. But for some stupidity against Exeter, we could be 3 wins from 4.
In general, defence has looked good. Set piece is OK. Kicking from tee very consistent. And tactically, we seem to know what we're about.

Given the poor weather for much of this period, I think that is doubly good - as we generally aren't the 'arm wrestle' style of team....
WE

centrethere
centrethere
10 November, 2019 20:22
Yes JP,

Think the stats show quite a change in now only conceding 50% of opposition points in 2nd half with us now scoring over 65% of our points in 1st half - this I feel makes us much more competitive. May be more emphasis on two 40 minute games.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 November, 2019 09:13
I have added a table showing our common stats under each Era(DoR)

To-date Solly has been in charge for 36 games, therefore I have compared against all the other Era's over 36 games. Hogg and Gold were only in charge for 13 and 21 games respectively shown in the table.

Just how badly did we do under Ryan, Hogg, Cross & Co??

Link in the header

Link for mobile users

JP

Ronster
Drahm for England
11 November, 2019 15:48
Interesting to note that we had 9 points from 4 games the first time we were relegated!

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again
11 November, 2019 17:20
I seem to remember we had a promising start and then the wins just abruptly stopped!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 November, 2019 17:25
If you go to the Fixtures Results (Link above) and select season 2009-2010 from the dropdown menu on the right you can see exactly how we did game by game.

There is also a Premiership Summary at the bottom displaying our premiership numbers for the season

Link foe mobile users

JP

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
11 November, 2019 17:38
What is interesting about that season was the draws.

We had 4 draws, if two had been wins we would have stayed up and Sale would have been relegated.

During the whole season only 2 clubs scored 4 or more tries against us(TBP) and the average score against us was 19

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net