Latest news:

Today at Quins
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 09 November, 2019 15:25
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 15:25
A really poor start to the game down 14 points in the first 13 minutes.

Looking typical warriors away fixture.

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
09 November, 2019 15:57
First 2 tries were horrendous. Dombrandt ran though Palframan and Annett and neither attempted to even tackle him. The second Shilly dropped a high ball and Quins ran it in unopposed. We just seem to gift teams a head start.

Still in touching difference with Jonoís penalties but we just seem to be a poor team away from home. Itís so weird!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
09 November, 2019 15:58
Quins both trys were from horrendous mistakes from us.They've not been particularly good either.

But 14-9? Not out of it yet.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
09 November, 2019 16:06
Fidow unlucky.Showing his pace.Easily the fastest player on the pitch.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 16:41
Come on!1

Focus now!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 16:57
Yes!1111111

Day tripper
Day tripper
09 November, 2019 16:58
wooowooooo. What a win

Ronster
Drahm for England
09 November, 2019 17:03
Great result and comeback after last week. Away wins in the Prem are not to be sniffed at so well done to the entire team and coaches for winning that one, a real positive statement. I know Quins had injuries but so did we, Sharky, Hougaard, Weir and Pennell would definitely have started if fit. We also had one day less turnaround so were up against it.

I would have expected 9-10 points from this block of games and we've achieved precisely that. Just a shame we didn't keep our heads last week as we'd be going into the first European fixtures in the top 4!!!

Ironically I spotted Duncan Weir wandering around the Crowngate checking his phone earlier. Perhaps he was keeping in touch with the team!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 17:04
Wasnít there but it certainly sounded like a fantastic effort from the whole team in atrocious conditions.

JP

centrethere
centrethere
09 November, 2019 17:07
Up the Wuss

Offa
Offa
09 November, 2019 17:45
Well done to all. Great result.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man
09 November, 2019 17:54
I was there and I didnít see or hear anyone supporting Worcester. Iím now on a train, cold and wet, but very happy with a good win and terrific come-back.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 18:11
I just wonder if we could get the old traveling crews back together, this team has never heard us in full voice.

Very interesting stat from today Quins game, they did not score a single point after 13mins ď67 minsĒ

Brilliant

Also we have not scored a point in the third quarter in all 4 games?

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
09 November, 2019 18:11
If we had won last week, we would have been second!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 18:21
Quote:
Rugby Pass

Jamie Shillcockís second-half try powered Worcester to a 19-14 win over Harlequins at The Stoop, securing their second league win of the Gallagher Premiership season.

Scores from Alex Dombrandt and James Chisholm gave Harlequins a healthy early advantage, but three penalties from Jono Lance kept Worcester in the game with 40 to play.

And while both sides struggled to gain control of the match in testing second-half conditions, Shillcock made the breakthrough late on to hand the visitors the win.

The result sees Worcester win on the road for just the second time in 14 months, while Quinsí stuttering start to the campaign continues with their first home defeat since April.

After a few cagey opening minutes Ė in which the two sides exchanged a number of kicks Ė visiting skipper Lance got the gameís first points from the kicking tee following successive penalties in Worcesterís favour.

But it did not take long for Harlequins to respond. Marcus Smith knocked a penalty deep into Worcester territory and following good pressure from Francis Saili, Dombrandt slipped through a gap in the away defence to go over under the posts with less than 10 minutes gone.

Saili was at it again moments later, tackling Shillcock under pressure in his own 22 to set up a loose ball that Chisholm capitalised on, helping Quins to a 14-3 advantage with just under quarter-of-an-hour on the clock.

The Warriors exerted a greater influence on the game in the second quarter and had the Quins backline pegged back to their five-metre line for a number of phases, but steely home defence did enough to keep them at bay.

A second Lance penalty reduced Worcesterís arrears in the 33rd minute, and after an even period of play, the Australian kicked three more points with the last action of the first-half to make it 14-9 at the break.

The visitors started the second half in determined spirits and a testing grubber kick from Ed Fidow put them within inches of the home tryline, but once again Harlequins stood firm to retain their lead.

In miserable conditions, both teams struggled with the ball in-hand and Chisholm and returning Fiji international Vereniki Goneva were both guilty of spilling the ball in strong positions.

But the Warriors rallied and following a sustained period of pressure, Shillcock bulldozed over in the corner, before Lance added the extras to give them the lead and set up an enticing last 12 minutes.

And a last-gasp Lance penalty added to the scoreline in the closing stages, as Worcester held on for a crucial victory ahead of two rounds of European action.

That will do nicely

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO
09 November, 2019 19:08
A very good result, well done to all especially with the short turnaround.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver
09 November, 2019 20:11
I wonder if anyone from Worcester has popped a message over to Ugo's social media? He's such a fan of ours.

centrethere
centrethere
09 November, 2019 21:54
The guardian report worth a read

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
09 November, 2019 22:45
There are some satisfying match reports in the nationals.

Well done the team, to dominate the home team is some feat.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Fiver
10 November, 2019 08:27
I watched the highlights last night on BT Sport. Quins stopped scoring after 14 minutes. Then, 90% of the rest of the reel was us attacking.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 November, 2019 08:33
The last 2 games have clearly shown what we are capable of, I hope it permeates through the whole club and we continue to play as hard for the rest of the season.

The only drawback is we are scoring less tries. Mind you if we continue to win who cares how we win.

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death
10 November, 2019 08:54
To be fair the conditions were horrible and Exeter donít concede many. To deal with the massive disappointment of losing last week, then going 14-3 down inside ten mins, to then dominating the rest of the game suggests we believe in ourselves. Been very impressed with our defence and in particular how aggressive itís been.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 November, 2019 09:03
Absolutely agree WD!

JP

Diverdave
Diverdave
10 November, 2019 09:49
As Iím still away Iíve not been able to watch matches or highlights. But can you say if yesterday's centre pairings were better than previous weeks, including the introduction of Ollie Lawrence.

I also think that a win is a win, we know that we have the weaponry to score tries, I feel these will come as the team beds in, in such conditions and away from home I think the stats are an indicator of a team going in the right direction both physically but more importantly mentally.

How many years ago was it that we used to fold after 50 mins in both of the above departments.

Get players back from injury and letís start hammering down some of those doors that teams seem to think have bigger locks on them than they actually do and prove to the myriad of pundits who continually put Worcester down they may have to change their opinion.

Finally Will Greenwood at least had something good to say about us in his pice in the telegraph on Friday.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 November, 2019 09:57
Diverdave, if you can get onto here I always put up the highlights and full match video's, are you using a mobile?

JP

Diverdave
Diverdave
10 November, 2019 10:14
Hi JP, thanks for that. Unfortunately due to having an internet connection that is slower than the first days of dial up, accessing any form of video is out of the question.

Our company puts no value in the welfare of its employees in terms of access to the web, even our server is located in Spain and as such many videos would play as they are classed as being outside of the U.K. the North Sea is obviously not.

By the time I send this I will probably have to go through the rigmarole of logging back in, we only get 15 mins and get cut off, to stop people downloading.

So!! I will wait until Wednesday evening and savour the previous games at home. Though I do look forward to another breakfast at some point.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 November, 2019 10:26
Sorry I couldn't help there Dave

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
10 November, 2019 10:48
I agree on our defence. Iíve been watching it closely lately, which is odd for me as I just get excited about the attacking patterns, but Iíve noticed that our defence is severely disciplined and they work completely as one unit so we arenít conceding penalties for coming offside, which we used to do often. Even though there are a few missed tackles we look solid and we come up as one unit with a slight rush defence at the end of the line. The only soft spot we have at the moment is we have been caught out twice by runners coming from deep and breaking the heart of defence at pace. Once at Exeter leading the their try just before HT and Dombrandtís try yesterday. Sort that out and it could be the difference in how we progress this season.

I think how we do this season is crucial to our retention of the squad. We have a lot of guys off contract this season and I think the fact we kept a lot of the team together last season has shown in how we are playing this season. There is a lot of cohesion in the team and itís showing with the togetherness and how we are performing right now as one.

If we can do an Exeter and keep the guys together and add a few players that will improve the team rather than wholesale changes then I really feel we could be turning the corner. The only thing is we need to re sign this lot! This is who I have as being out of contract this year...

Schonert
Mudariki
Waller
Black
Bowzer
Taufeteíe
Annett
Fatialofa
Bresler
Hill
Mama
Montgomery
Williams
Cox
Du Preez
Venter
Lance
Kitto
Heaney
Baldwin
Beck
Howe
Hammond
Van Breda

Thereís 3 or 4 Iíd let go,but the rest I would retain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 10:57 by AJWarriors.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
10 November, 2019 11:25
I thought Lance and Kitto signed for 2 years so still in contract next season

Du Preez said he wants to stay

There are some really good keepers there.

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
10 November, 2019 11:38
Lance signed for 2 last season so would be coming off contract the end of this. Kitto signed for a year I think?

centrethere
centrethere
10 November, 2019 18:21
Lovely touch on 55 mins game time. Sam Lewis at bottom of ruck, with hand on ball, looks at ref who intimates 'no son', so Lewis who has hand on and over ball, lifts it and moves it 6 inches towards quins and placed it down again for them.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
12 November, 2019 10:45
Having now watched the match it seemed to me that while all the forwards put in a big effort Annett, Bresler and the back row really excelled. The centres looked a very solid combination just right for those conditions. Nanai fielded the ball well in difficult conditions but was too easily blocked and needs to be more involved and adapt to the Premiership. Fidow looks OK but it must be very close as to who are best wings are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net