Latest news:

Ashley Beck
Discussion started by shrewsburyman (IP Logged), 02 December, 2019 17:06
shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
02 December, 2019 17:06
A very nice piece in the Daily Telegraph today featuring Ashley Beck. He is very positive about the type of club that Worcester is comparing it to his home Aberavon rugby club.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
02 December, 2019 18:08
Quote:
shrewsburyman
A very nice piece in the Daily Telegraph today featuring Ashley Beck. He is very positive about the type of club that Worcester is comparing it to his home Aberavon rugby club.
Behind a paywall & i've had my free article this week!
Yes,Beck is another excellent centre we have!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
02 December, 2019 18:20
Probably our strongest position throughout the squad. The talent there is outstanding. We can take one guy out and put another in who’s is the same standard of quality. Hopefully he’s one of the guys who has signed a new contract this week

Old Col
Old Col
03 December, 2019 13:49
Any way to access the article ?

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
03 December, 2019 15:16
I have it in electronic form but don’t know how to post it! Can you help me JP, please?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 15:30
What do you mean exactly in electronic form?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 15:31
This discussion may help others

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
03 December, 2019 15:33
I have the e version as well as the print version of the DT. I usually just email articles to friends as that is easy however I realise that’s probably not an option in this case.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 17:27
What you van do is highlight and copy the article, you can then paste it into a message as a comment.

Click the " button and this will appear in the message {quote}{/quote} (but they will be square brackets) then place your cursor between the two adjacent }{ like so }|{ and paste.

That's it done

If not sure email me the article and I will post up

jp@siwaysrugby.co.uk

JP

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 17:46
Quote:
Shrewsburyman/The Telegraph

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/11928/production/_103867917_ashleybeck2.jpg

Having closed the international door behind him when he started playing in England, Ashley Beck does not expect to be reconsidered for Wales duty any time soon.

That is clearly not a worry for the 29-year-old centre whose targets are to make up for lost time and to ensure perennial Premiership underdogs Worcester Warriors, who beat Sale 20-13 on Saturday, do not just retain their top-flight status but finish much higher up the table. Beck left Ospreys to try his luck in English club rugby last year after a string of injuries. However, he broke his leg just a few months ­after arriving at Sixways and only returned to action in September.

Despite new coach Wayne Pivac aiming to freshen things up with Wales, Beck’s decision to play outside the country means he will not be getting the chance any time soon to add to his seven caps. “There’s no point even thinking about Wales because, sadly, that ship sailed when I left Ospreys,” said Beck. “I chose to go because of the injuries and I wanted to start fresh.

“I certainly don’t regret moving because this year is going much better and I’ve made lifelong friends. Worcester reminds me very much of Aberavon rugby club. It’s a family club with a great environment and special link between fans and players. I love it here.

“It was a tough first year at Warriors. I couldn’t play and the only positive was my daughter being born. I was desperate to get fit again and get out on the field to show the fans what I could do.”

Beck aims to play his part in maintaining Warriors’ strong start. A third Premiership win lifted them into the top four and Alan Solomons’ side have a determination that suggests they can again defy the cynics who still believe, despite Saracens’ massive points reduction, that Worcester could be the ones to drop into the Championship.

Beck insists: “Wins breed confidence and belief so we need to build on this. We have a good enough team to pick up wins against any opposition.”

Sharks, however, need to improve both their performance and discipline when they take on Exeter Chiefs in a crucial Champions Cup Pool contest on Sunday having seen lock Jean-Luc du Preez’s first-half red card prove costly. The South African’s exit led to 14-man Sale seeing a 10-3 lead finish up a 20-13 loss, and full-back Simon Hammersley, himself yellow-carded, admitted: “We have to put things right against Chiefs.”

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
03 December, 2019 18:18
I have emailed it JP and hope that it arrived.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 18:28
Quote:
Faithful_City
Quote:
Shrewsburyman/The Telegraph

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/11928/production/_103867917_ashleybeck2.jpg

Having closed the international door behind him when he started playing in England, Ashley Beck does not expect to be reconsidered for Wales duty any time soon.

That is clearly not a worry for the 29-year-old centre whose targets are to make up for lost time and to ensure perennial Premiership underdogs Worcester Warriors, who beat Sale 20-13 on Saturday, do not just retain their top-flight status but finish much higher up the table. Beck left Ospreys to try his luck in English club rugby last year after a string of injuries. However, he broke his leg just a few months ­after arriving at Sixways and only returned to action in September.

Despite new coach Wayne Pivac aiming to freshen things up with Wales, Beck’s decision to play outside the country means he will not be getting the chance any time soon to add to his seven caps. “There’s no point even thinking about Wales because, sadly, that ship sailed when I left Ospreys,” said Beck. “I chose to go because of the injuries and I wanted to start fresh.

“I certainly don’t regret moving because this year is going much better and I’ve made lifelong friends. Worcester reminds me very much of Aberavon rugby club. It’s a family club with a great environment and special link between fans and players. I love it here.

“It was a tough first year at Warriors. I couldn’t play and the only positive was my daughter being born. I was desperate to get fit again and get out on the field to show the fans what I could do.”

Beck aims to play his part in maintaining Warriors’ strong start. A third Premiership win lifted them into the top four and Alan Solomons’ side have a determination that suggests they can again defy the cynics who still believe, despite Saracens’ massive points reduction, that Worcester could be the ones to drop into the Championship.

Beck insists: “Wins breed confidence and belief so we need to build on this. We have a good enough team to pick up wins against any opposition.”

Sharks, however, need to improve both their performance and discipline when they take on Exeter Chiefs in a crucial Champions Cup Pool contest on Sunday having seen lock Jean-Luc du Preez’s first-half red card prove costly. The South African’s exit led to 14-man Sale seeing a 10-3 lead finish up a 20-13 loss, and full-back Simon Hammersley, himself yellow-carded, admitted: “We have to put things right against Chiefs.”

Every player that’s been interviewed recently have all mentioned the same thing. How much they’re enjoying life at the club and how it has a family feel. You have to give a huge amount of credit to Solly and the owners for creating this atmosphere not only for the players but fans too.

I felt a few years back when JOT was in charge that the club massively disconnected with the fans and players, so it’s a great feeling surrounding the club. It makes me really happy that fans and players alike are enjoying life on and off the pitch. The playing group seem really tight too, which says a lot

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net