Latest news:

JT for Solly - Possibly
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 03 December, 2019 09:08
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 09:08
This could be a very good move.

Identify a young coach with burgeoning desire and potential to become a DoR who lives locally and who's family love the area and train him over two years to takeover.

Good forward planning!!

Quote:
WN

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/resources/images/10740215.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

JONATHAN Thomas has a chance to prove himself as a future director of rugby at Worcester Warriors according to co-owner Jason Whittingham.

The former Warriors captain will return to Sixways as forwards coach next summer after signing a three-year contract.

And Whittingham said there was a “possibility” the “inspirational” 36-year-old could go on to succeed Alan Solomons as Worcester boss.

Whittingham also revealed that “two more” coaches were set to be appointed but admitted there would be no head coach at the club once Rory Duncan departs at the end of this season.

“The coaching reshuffle is not yet complete,” Whittingham said.

“We are not having a head coach next season as we will have a forwards coach, defence coach, attack coach and technical coach.

“It won’t be long before we make another announcement.”

When asked how many coaching appointments would be made, Whittingham said: “Two more and they are two great appointments.

“It’s all part of Solly’s decision on how the coaching team will work.”

Full Article Here

Go for it, but I wonder who are the new coaches being recruited and who leaves??

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 09:25
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/5153173f215022c787aeaa0e4667e817698c4244/0_174_3500_2103/master/3500.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=3f8abc48a6ffe713fcb29b6f5530d99d

The Man to take us FORWARD??

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again
03 December, 2019 09:43
He seems to be very well thought of at Bristol - and doesn't seem to be doing a bad job looking at the results.

Whilst being a great player is not an indicator of being a great coach, he was a very good captain, and those are transferable skills.

It seems, through playing history and family ties it will be a vocation for him rather than a job, and he is one of those rugby personality with a bit of 'mystique' about him, and he will automatically have the respect of the players.

Good appointment

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman
03 December, 2019 09:54
That certainly settles one concern that I had namely why would he leave Bristol for us? The local connection never seemed quite enough. I have a lot of time for JT and hope that it works out well. At that very difficult meeting with supporters last autumn after those awful results Solly said that Rory Duncan would come good as he always had in the past. It’s starting to look like Solly was right.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 10:03
Does that mean 2 coaches are leaving and being replaced or added on to the current coaching team?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 12:08
My thoughts exactlyctly AJ

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 12:16
Just heard it’s replace. No idea on which coaches are leaving though?

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980
03 December, 2019 18:32
Maybe no one is leaving.I'm happy with ALL the coaches.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 18:38
I hope not! I rate all our coaches. If we can add to them then that’s a bonus

Offa
Offa
03 December, 2019 20:23
You can have too many. Remember the DR era.
Again, I trust Solly to see where we need improving.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net