Latest news:

Alex Grove to Swim the English Channel
Discussion started by Faithful_City (IP Logged), 03 December, 2019 09:20
MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 09:20
In aid of Acorns Children's Hospice!

What a fantastic challenge for a great charity!

Quote:
Halesowen News

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/resources/images/10746672?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

A FORMER Worcester Warriors star is preparing to swim the English Channel to raise money for a children’s charity.

Alex Grove is taking on the challenge in a show of support for Acorns Children’s Hospice and its work to support families across the region.

Mr Grove is a familiar face with the hospice, regularly visiting with his former teammates.

He said: “During my time at Worcester Warriors we worked closely with Acorns and I remember returning home and reflecting on my first visit and thinking that Acorns is an incredibly special place.

“Given the seriousness of the children’s conditions, everyone seemed very positive and there were always smiles on faces.

“My wife, Tash, and I are extremely lucky to have two healthy children, Imogen and Ottilie. We still live in Worcester, not far from the hospice, so choosing this wonderful charity was an easy decision.”

This will be hard as Alex is a fit sportsman whose will have quite a dense muscular physique so will have to work real hard and no layer of fat to protect him from the cold.

Please give generously for a great charity and a fantastic challenge!

Full Article Here

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net