Latest news:

Val Ruskin
Discussion started by AJWarriors (IP Logged), 03 December, 2019 21:18
AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 21:18
Not a rumour or anything like that..Iím not sure when his contract is up at Glaws either, but itís interesting to see he hangs out with the boys still from Worcester. Even the ones he never played with. I can imagine he would be one Sharky was talking about wanting to come back the year after leaving.

Itís still a shame he left. He struck up a powerful partnership at scrum time with Nick and he was a great asset at turnovers too. Iíd have him back 100% if it came to it.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City
03 December, 2019 21:21
He played better here than ever he has at Glaws, but can they control his attitude off the field.

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
03 December, 2019 21:29
Very true.

Sheldon
Sheldon
04 December, 2019 16:45
Very talented player but I would have preferred a higher work rate. Still have him back though- he still has plenty of time.

korky
korky
04 December, 2019 18:17
Short memories, total waste of space last time his was at Worcester. Not a team player. The club needs to be building for the future not looking backwards, he had his chance and the grass was greener down the M5.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death
04 December, 2019 18:50
Itís noticeable I think for all our re-signings Solly has made a point of saying they are all good blokes and good team men. Iím not sure Val fits into that category.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
04 December, 2019 19:11
I find it odd with those statements that you guys say that? If heís not good to be around then why does he still knock about with half of team? Even guys he didnít play with when he was still with us. Do you guys know him on a personal level?

korky
korky
04 December, 2019 19:26
Don't need to know him on any level, just what I remember of him as a player. Every person can be good/bad in peoples eyes. You might have answered your our question there, maybe the people in his current team don't see him as a team player.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors
04 December, 2019 19:33
Thatís just going off your opinion though? There no fact in that statement at all

Terrywb
Terrywb
04 December, 2019 21:38
Val maybe a great guy eating pizza and drinking beer with a group of players, but all I ever saw on the pitch was a disinterested player who wasnít a team player. I wouldnít be happy for him to return to Sixways.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver
05 December, 2019 12:41
I remember the last season Val was with us, one of the other players commented that Val needed to sort some issues in his head. I've no idea what these were, and probably not my business in any case.

On the pitch I always saw a committed player who was a fantastic scrummager and very keen (sometimes too keen) at the breakdown.

Were he to return we might see a different character on the field when the play stops, or perhaps not. Some players bounce around like Tigger, some are constantly trying to pick a fight, others slope off.

All teams look at psychological profiles before signing players. If we were to resign Val, I've no doubt Solly would have done his due diligence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net