Wow!!!
Discussion started by AJWarriors , 16 January, 2020 21:03
Wow!!!
AJWarriors 16 January, 2020 21:03
Looks grim for Sarries

[www.rugbypass.com]

Re: Wow!!!
The Mailman 16 January, 2020 21:44
Haven’t commented for ages but feel the need to say ‘wow’ too. Sounds thoroughly deserved if true.

Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 21:45
Bl00dy Hell!

Brave of Premier rugby to do that, if they do it of course.

JP

centrethere 16 January, 2020 21:52
just a bit of it
16 January, 7:43pm - from i - 'Tonight Saracens stand on the brink of automatic relegation from the Premiership after apparently failing in their bid to bring the club under the salary cap.
Meetings were held this week between the Premiership clubs, and while discussions are theoretically ongoing, RugbyPass understands that Saracens are now resigned to being relegated automatically.
Saracens players are being called to an official meeting tomorrow, where club officials will brief them on the discussions.
Rumours circulating English rugby tonight are that an unprecedented move that would see the champions relegated directly to the Championship, regardless of their total league points tally at the end of the current season, is the most likely outcome.'

And the other article (on the other thread) says he is selling-up over 50% of his shares and will have no link to Saracens.

Whilst we went through the ownership issue with the Allens for about 18 months, this is on a larger scale as automatic relegation would mean a massive loss of income and hence less willingness of a big investor to come straight in.

centrethere 16 January, 2020 22:06
[inews.co.uk]

of course, the question is which came first - Wray jumping and Premier Rugby deciding they have the bottle to relegate Saracens
or/
Saracens admitting they are not going to get within the cap and Wray shutting up shop

w4rriorz1980 16 January, 2020 22:09
Would ours & others results against them this season now be null & void? Would be great to have the 5 points awarded to us!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 22:09
Having read it all again I do not believe the will be relegated.

They will be informed that they have until the audit in June to get their total salary spend for the season below the agreed salary cap.

So, close the academy, release immediately all the players they don’t want to retain, get as many players as possible to take a salary reduction and they can still do it.

Premier Rugby will have to be seen to be fair and not vindictive.

JP

AJWarriors 16 January, 2020 22:16
2 things...do they need to be fair to Sarries? They haven’t been fair to anyone else for a number of years. Whatever the ruling is I don’t think anyone would see it as being vindictive at all. It’s only fair that they get the chip in my opinion. Happens in every other sport. I think so far they’ve got away with murder and why should they?

The second one is why should the players take a reduction. It’s not their fault and highly likely they’ll refuse it. Goodey said the other day himself and a few others at Brive were asked to take a reduction in pay for different reasons to Sarries and they all refused

Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 22:30
If they don’t they would be out of a job and other clubs would not pay what they are earning so no matter what a salary drop is on the cards.

So, do you take for a new club or do you save your own club?

JP

Nigel Wray courts investors and resigns as club director
Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 19:41
Well that's going to cause a problem for England and the Premiership. Full article below

Quote:
The I

[img]https://inews.co.uk/images-i.jpimedia.uk/imagefetch/[inews.co.uk][/img]

Exclusive: Wray cuts all formal ties with Premiership and European champions as fallout from salary cap breach continues

By David Parsley and Hugh Godwin
Thursday, 16th January 2020, 6:15 pm
Updated
29 minutes ago

Former chairman of Saracens Nigel Wray is understood to be seeking a buyer for the club (Getty Images)

Nigel Wray has cut all formal ties with Saracens and its parent company as he courts potential investors to buy at least a 50 per cent stake in the club, i can reveal.

As the fallout from the Premiership Rugby’s punishment for breaking salary cap rule continues to affect the club, Companies House filings show Wray has resigned as a director of Saracens and its parent company Premier Team Holdings.

Wray stepped down as chairman of the club earlier this month, the latest move means he no longer has any formal links to the club, other than through his family's shares in the club.

Internal sources have told i that Wray is looking for new investment, but that the Wray family would remain co-investor and continue to support the club financially.

While the amount he is willing to dilute his family’s ownership of the club has not yet been agreed, it is expected he is willing to sell at least half.

This newspaper has also learned that Wray is no longer the main shareholder of the club. In another Companies House filing for Premier Team Holdings, which owns just under 90 per cent of the north London based club, Wray is not listed as a shareholder. The filings confirm he transferred his ownership to the Edna Wray Grandchildren’s Accumulation & Maintenance Trust, of which the two main beneficiaries are Wray’s two children - Lucy, who sits on the board of Saracens, and her brother Joseph, who is head of sales at another Wray family company MBN Events.

England Six Nations 2020 squad announcement: here's when Eddie Jones is revealing his line-up
Before transferring the shares to his children’s trust in November 2018, Wray had bought out a 50 per cent share held by South African group Remgro after it decided to pull its backing in April 2018.

Last November, Premiership Rugby's investigation led to a deduction of 35 points from Saracens for the current season, and a £5.4m fine after the club was found in breach of the cap over the past three seasons.

One club insider said: “The transfer of the shares to the trust pre-dates and is unconnected to the salary cap investigation.

“As for any sale of the club the Wray family is open to external investment. It was, after all, 50 per cent owned by Remgro until they sold out to Nigel. What is certain is that the Wray family will remain co-investors, and are committed to supporting the club financially.”

Premiership Rugby has stated its investigation into Saracens lasted for nine months, from autumn 2018 until charges were brought in June 2019.

Actual Article

JP

Re: Nigel Wray courts investors and resigns as club director
centrethere 16 January, 2020 21:32
Does this need to go with the wow thread?

Re: Nigel Wray courts investors and resigns as club director
Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 22:33
Done

Inbox 16 January, 2020 22:34
Reading the reports it does appear their fate is sealed.

Appreciate some here are sceptical but with very little changes and the whole process announced after the season had started, there appears very little they can do to comply.

Frankly SERVES THEM BLOODY RIGHT...AND NIGEL WRAY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM INVOLVEMENT WITH RUGBY FOREVER!

dudleywarrior88 16 January, 2020 22:42
BBC are reporing the same

I think they deserve it 4 years of cheating is too much to get away with one year of not been in to play offs

centrethere 16 January, 2020 22:46
He's gone inbox and won't be coming back - read the article - he's retiring

Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 22:46
It is reported they have been told to open their books for an independent audit by Monday or possibly be relegated.

So they open their books and the audit begins, months later there is a result which may be contested a few more months. By that time new season has started with another club relegated.

Possible.

JP

Faithful_City 16 January, 2020 22:49
Not quite retiring he is to continue financial support and he is not putting all his shares up for sale

JP

centrethere 16 January, 2020 23:01
Via we assume being a trustee of a family trust fund.

(This to me says 'no further direct involvement in rugby decisions are wished for, only taking financial decisions' - hence my view - he has effectively retired from rugby) - similar to the Allens.

John Tee 16 January, 2020 23:26
I have no sympathy for a regime that did what they did...
Relegation and break the squad up. No promotion for 3 seasons.

Inbox 17 January, 2020 00:21
Quote:
centrethere
He's gone inbox and won't be coming back - read the article - he's retiring

Yeah but individuals like Wray have a familiar habit of popping up again when the stink has died down...

Eastrrr Bunny 17 January, 2020 08:23
Whilst some may deem it harsh it is necessary. Sarries aren’t small offenders they are top end persistent offenders. I don’t blame the players, but anyone who thinks they didn’t know what has been happening is in cloud cuckoo land.

NW2 17 January, 2020 08:42
Relegation is the only fair outcome IMO.

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 08:45
In my opinion there is a degree of complicitness on all accounts.

People have been banging on about Saracens and the salary cap for some years. Players and fans will have had to wilfully suspend disbelief and turned a blind eye to enjoy the gravy train whilst the wheels were still on.

I don't for a moment believe that the thought did not (or at least could not) have entered (say) Owen Farrel's mind that the likes of Itoje and Maitland weren't on similar wedges to him and that it would all add up...

So whilst the players and fans didn't do anything wrong per se - certainly not regulation wise - their requires a level of complicitness, even if that is keeping your head down and not asking.

So my sympathy well doth run pretty shallow all round.

Sorry

Faithful_City 17 January, 2020 09:10
Who could disagree with you there TVM.

They are all mature intelligent men and will have made a conscious decision to join Saracens knowing they were in breach, certainly their agents will have known.

maybe they could sue their agents if they were not fully informed??

But they still joined for the money and the glory.

Now they will have to take their punishment like naughty little boys. As most clubs will be near or at the Salary ceiling and won't be able to afford these VERY expensive players.

JP

Diverdave 17 January, 2020 09:20
I’m hoping that some of the clubs will stand firm and not think of getting rid of some if their own players in order to enable them to take advantage of sarries possibly offloading some of theirs, I think it would be both extremely shallow and unsporting if they did this.

I certainly wouldn’t be happy if we were to cull players who have been loyal to the club in order that we benefit

Though I’m sure not all will feel the same way

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 10:42
Putting a more positive spin on everything

Doesn't all of this put into sharp relief what an incredible job Exeter have done - going toe to toe with Sarries for some years now....

NW2 17 January, 2020 10:47
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Putting a more positive spin on everything
Doesn't all of this put into sharp relief what an incredible job Exeter have done - going toe to toe with Sarries for some years now....

It does TVM, but equally it is difficult to imagine just how pi55ed off they must be to have lost to them in crucial games.

Inbox 17 January, 2020 11:02
Quote:
Eastrrr Bunny
Whilst some may deem it harsh it is necessary. Sarries aren’t small offenders they are top end persistent offenders. I don’t blame the players, but anyone who thinks they didn’t know what has been happening is in cloud cuckoo land.

Agree with you but read some on the Sarries board who feel sorry for the players and the situation the club has put them in. Frankly the players MUST have been aware of the circumstances of their contracts, incredulous to think that they (and their agents/representatives) have been duped.

To that extent, they are all complicit in the “cheating”...

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 11:21
Quote:
Inbox
Quote:
Eastrrr Bunny

Agree with you but read some on the Sarries board who feel sorry for the players and the situation the club has put them in. Frankly the players MUST have been aware of the circumstances of their contracts, incredulous to think that they (and their agents/representatives) have been duped.

To that extent, they are all complicit in the “cheating”...

I suppose the only excuse is that they were told that the investments thing was a legitmate and had been cleared by the rule makers.

Thereafter we are getting into the world of individual ethical codes and the (no matter what anyone says) highly subjective world of 'fair'.

Missold or not - I suspect no one argued too hard when it was all working, even if they did see it as 'unfair'.

On yet another hand, people always say 'they should have refused it, said something' - which is really easy to say when you are not the one blowing the whistle. Blowing the whistle is hard and requires no small courage.

Either way with the whole investments thing, which you could argue they were missold if they were told it was all kosher...there is still required a certain amount of self-kidding to think this kindly older gentleman would have entered into investments with them in a non Saracens world. Becasue if you accept he wouldn't - surely you have to accept that they accepted it was a form of salary and - even if it was sold as not against the rules - they must have been able to tell it was against the spirit. It's all in theory obviously, but that is just a conclusion from available evidence.

Which leads us back to the standpoint of even if they have done nothing wrong in a regulatory sense, are the players 'innocent?'

Next week on the moral maze.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 11:41 by TVM Rides Again.

kiddykid 17 January, 2020 11:38
Automatic relegation for them might bring a measure of ‘they deserve every thing they get’, but, Sarries in the Championship will kill that as a competition for at least a season. Relegate them for three seasons as has been suggested and the Championship might as well pack up and go home, so, possibly a ‘sweetener’ for them is needed like a Prem of 14 clubs as from next season while Sarries plough their way through to their promotion - whenever that may be.

Old Col 17 January, 2020 12:13
It's not just the players and direct Saracens employees that are going to be affected--wait and see how their local suppliers etc will be damaged and realise it was caused by cheating.

Villages12 17 January, 2020 12:37
I have ZERO sympathy with the position Saracens find themselves in. It's been obvious that they've not played by the rules on salary cap for a long.

However, I think it's a bit over the top to point at individual players about this problem. Careers are short in rugby and every player is looking for the best rewards they can get and who can blame them for that. Surely we're not suggesting that players should decide what their team's performance to the salary cap is before signing up ?

Saracens Management is guilty of the salary excess.

Be careful this doesn't come home to bite us. If their are players becoming available or even returning to us I wouldn't want to come or come back to a place where fans are of the opinion that It was partly my fault that his happened !

WarwickEastie 17 January, 2020 12:42
This has unravelled very quickly.

I wasn't very happy with the original points deduction as it appeared they had 'got away with it' - as they were likely to avoid relegation.

Relegation does seem a fair outcome - and there will be significant pain for everyone, the club, supporters, players all the way down to the tea lady.

Ultimately its the management who have to take accountability - and Wray is stepping away.

On one hand they deserve it all. But I don't really want to see them totally smashed apart. Strong clubs make for a strong league - and our Premiership is probably the best club league in the world.

Malvernman 17 January, 2020 12:43
I hope Nigel Wray's departure from the club "altogether" - word in punctuation marks because there are still family connections through his children - is not part of move to whitewash his business dealings with key players with their all so-coincidental joint business investments. He was clearly a "connected party" when those deals were done. Surely they can't be re-worked in a way that brings them out of the salary cap calculations?

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 12:54
Quote:
Villages12

. Surely we're not suggesting that players should decide what their team's performance to the salary cap is before signing up ?

Maybe they should.

When looking at a new job - is the future viability of the company a consideration of mine? Yes. Will they be able to pay my salary in three years time? What's their work pipeline like etc etc - I think about all these things.

Their ability to pay my salary is important. So to a degree - yes maybe it should have entered the player's minds and they could weigh it up as a risk. Then that risk is their's to take.

They saw the big number. They snapped Saracen's hand off. That's fine.

Should they be punished? No.

Should they be coddled when the gravy train they have been on pulls into the station? Equally - No.

It's simply a consequence of their choice. They aren't the direct cause, but neither should there be a whipround.

No one is asking them to give anything back - I simply don't feel sorry for them either. Just accept it was nice whilst it lasted and join the rest of their colleagues in this universe.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 13:13 by TVM Rides Again.

tigerburnie 17 January, 2020 13:46
Another story is they have to off load £2M worth of players by the end of the month, now ending a players contract like that would leave compensation to be paid and that also counts in the cap, so I cannot see how this is resolved and (not)Sorries stay in the Premiership. They should consider themselves lucky that the Scottish football rules don't apply. Rangers had to start again from the very bottom of the league, this did however help smaller clubs like Montrose near me who sold out their ground for their visit.

Bevere Warrior 17 January, 2020 14:04
Think Singleton must seriously be regretting his decision to move on.

Faithful_City 17 January, 2020 14:11
That’s why I suggested earlier he might be a returning player.

JP

Faithful_City 17 January, 2020 14:25
There’s that much going on it’s quicker to produce this link to the latest rugby news filtered on Saracens

NewsNow All Sarries News/Reports

JP

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 14:43
The one about french clubs is interesting

Am I correct that they don't have a cap?

If so....them taking action could possibly be considered unsporting.... sort of like arguing that its unfair that the english club didn't suffer a disadvantage to us....

Faithful_City 17 January, 2020 14:48
The French do have a cap but it is higher than the Premiership, however the players salaries are higher.

JP

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 15:05
Ah ok.

4934 17 January, 2020 16:20

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 17:24
53 adrift of 11th with 70 still to play for.

Leicester have scored 11 from 8.

Saracens 28 from 8.

At current pace Leicester will end on 30.

Saracens on 7.

It's not impossible - but they are now reliant on others losing. A lot.

SixNineOne 17 January, 2020 17:33
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
53 adrift of 11th with 70 still to play for.
Leicester have scored 11 from 8.

Saracens 28 from 8.

At current pace Leicester will end on 30.

Saracens on 7.

It's not impossible - but they are now reliant on others losing. A lot.

We at London Irish are on 13 and would need to get to 28 to guarantee safety, assuming Sarries get 5 points from all their remaining games. Given our past performance it’s not unimaginable that we’ll manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

There’s also a certain irony that just when Worcester look to be having a really solid season and avoiding the relegation tussle they get a free pass!

TVM Rides Again 17 January, 2020 17:35
At your current rate, you'll get to 35.

That's ok.

Saracens need to up their pace from current performance to even reach Leicester current 11.

They are scoring at 3.5 a game, they need to be on 3.78 to catch Leicetser

centrethere 18 January, 2020 09:22
At last! As one or two of us said, they were fined and deducted points for being over the salary cap last season (and before), but needed to be compliant this season. They were not / made no attempt to be so, so now we have the result.
So now we are safe from relegation, we really should rotate a few more of our players in preparation for next season

AJWarriors 18 January, 2020 09:54
I agree the shackles are now off so now it’s time with no pressure to try out guys like Lawrence in the Premiership and Shilly at full back more while Nanai is out. I think that will be the case anyway and what Solly said in his post match interview last night. It didn’t sound good for some of the players

Terrywb 18 January, 2020 10:35
Is it conceivable that some of the senior players elect to play for nothing, getting the club within the salary cap, while they sort things out. Effectively, avoiding the further 35 point deduction and probably remaining in the premiership?

Faithful_City 18 January, 2020 10:52
Really??

Throw away £400k, I know what my family would say.

JP

Malvern Man 18 January, 2020 11:36
I remember saying on this board a few years ago that Wasps had three first teams, which provoked an angry response from a couple of of Wasps posters. Since then, Wasps have let some big names go. I wonder if in around 2016 there were a number of clubs detected to be over the salary cap and a warning was issued. They each got the message except Saracens who thought they could walk on water.

I second the ironic comment made above that after all those years in the relegation struggle Worcester have reached mid-table calm in a year when relegation has been ring-fenced to Saracens!

AJWarriors 18 January, 2020 11:46
Makes you wonder

Faithful_City 18 January, 2020 12:06
Radical or what???

Quote:
Could a radical move to the PRO14 be a realistic possibility for the club?

Theoretically at least, it could be beneficial for both sides. It would allow Saracens to avoid a year in the Greene King IPA Championship and give them a first-grade competition to compete in.

While in the short term they would take a significant cut in television deal revenues and the burden of increased travel costs, it would give the club an immediate route back into Heineken Champions Cup.

As it stands, unless they win this year’s competition, it would take the club until at least the 2022/23 to play in the Heineken Champions Cup again. A theoretical entry into the PRO14 could see Saracens back in Europe, at the very least a year earlier, notwithstanding results and a new entry structure.

It would also be an effective two fingers to the other Premiership clubs, who are eager for Saracens to be tarred, feathered and flung to the furthest reaches of the Championship.

For the PRO14, the benefits would be manifold. The competition would get a giant of European rugby on their books, opening up the mouth-watering prospect of galacticos match-up with the likes of Leinster, giving the league a derby between arguably the two best teams on the continent.

More importantly, it would open the door in the English rugby market for the PRO14 and give the organization a product that would surely entice a larger television deal from the likes of Sky, BT or Premier Sports.

Who knows?

Full Article HERE

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2020 12:09 by Faithful_City.

centrethere 18 January, 2020 14:39
The players have obviously decided not to take pay cuts, hence the new points deduction being inevitable

centrethere 18 January, 2020 14:49
The Pro14 article is titled 'the nuclear option' meaning they wouldn't be coming back, or at least not until they spent time on the naughty step in the championship.

AJWarriors 18 January, 2020 19:26
CONFIRMED!!! They’re GONE!!! Wow wow wow!!!

TVM Rides Again 18 January, 2020 19:43
So no points deduction tantamount to relegation, just a straight boot out

Crumbs

Fiver 18 January, 2020 19:47
Given many of the premiership clubs will have already filled their rosters, I wonder where the players from Sarries will go? Failing that, maybe they will be taking be pay cuts after all?

centrethere 18 January, 2020 20:59
Of course those on not so high money may wish to terminate their contracts if given better offers , but can’t see a rush.
But basically with a review coming in , the salary cap as it stands is bust, so most clubs have a reprieve for 1-2 seasons then back to normal

Inbox 18 January, 2020 22:54
In my view the impact on their finances from relegation, potential compensation packages, reduced season tickets and inevitable flight of sponsorship - I think the loyalty from their playing/coaching squad will be severely tested.

kiddykid 19 January, 2020 11:52
So, Sarries are to be relegated and It is almost certain. that the Falcons will replace them. Life in the Prem goes on.
However, life in the Championship will be very different. Any hope of winning the league and going up will be dashed for everyone as it will be a one horse race. All the other teams can have their ‘cup final’ day when Sarries come calling and make some money from them, and look forward to a
day at the Allianz. But it will not be a ‘competition’ in the true sense of the word because we all know who is going to win.
The arrogance of Saracens - owners, management and players - is going to affect a lot of people as it is quite likely that the Allianz operation will be scaled back and the remaining Championship clubs know they have not a cat in hell’s chance of going anywhere. There are no ‘winners ‘ in this sorry saga.

shrewsburyman 19 January, 2020 12:14
The only potential winners could be any players who show what they can achieve against Sarries and hence enhance their chances of a Premiership contract.

Inbox 19 January, 2020 19:22
Kiddykid - don’t to be too sure that Sarries stadium will be “Allianz” next season. The another impact of their financial skullduggery, I’ll be amazed if main sponsors continue their commitments.

TVM Rides Again 20 January, 2020 08:29
Depends on the contracts I suppose - clauses and the definition of disrepute therein.

For a financial management company continuing the relationship would seem inappropriate in the circumstances.

Drahm for England 20 January, 2020 21:07
Interestingly some of this being blamed on Edward Griffiths now. Could have been part of the Warriors ownership not that long ago of things had panned out differently!

Fiver 22 January, 2020 08:55
From Brendan Venter's comments, I'm slightly unsure of the timeline. It sounds like Sarries knew in March that they were busted, decided to get a lawyer (at the cost of £3m) who told them what they wanted to hear, only to be told by PRL in November that their lawyer was wrong. Now Venter is blaming PRL for Sarries being over the cap this season on the basis that their spending was agreed in June. Apparently it's PRL's fault that the Sarries Lawyer gave them poor advice.

Would I be correct in assuming that Venter has been paid as part of the Sarries PR team? He mentions he called called back in, although I'm not sure by who and why. Could he make the Nob's XV as DOR?

TVM Rides Again 22 January, 2020 09:06
Saracen's really are doing themselves zero good with how they have handled this. A degree of contrition qwould have done some good, but they have been flip flopping between playing the blame game, righteous self justification (how else do we compete with France?!) and pleading themselves a special case due to their academy and England players.

All in all a shade undignified.

Faithful_City 22 January, 2020 09:44
It would seem that are still in the midst tat they re in the right nd releasing the whole judgement will leave them with no hiding place.

Publish it and take the flak

JP

Fiver 22 January, 2020 10:32
Not releasing the findings only shows how much they have to hide. Venter said it was to protect the players. That only says to me that the report probably details the amounts each player was gifted, sorry, I meant received as a co-investment. My feelings are that this will not go away and all that will happen is that rumours will spread with the players names and amounts. The truth will come out at some point, best to just get it done and move on, unless there really is something horrendous, but again this will probably come out in the end anyway.

TVM Rides Again 22 January, 2020 12:01
Someone cleverer than me will be able to tell us what the legal ramifications are of disclosing people's salaries in a published document.

If there is no mechanism for it in the regulations, it may have to be redacted - or in more general terms, maybe

centrethere 22 January, 2020 13:48
Yesterday's article is all about why Premiership rugby are not publishing the report

[www.theguardian.com]

But the CEO also states that if they hadn't opted for direct relegation, then there would have been a full audit of salaries etc, which suggests that the Dyson report doesn't necessarily contain that information.

'To help restore trust, Childs indicated he would like to see the report into Saracens’ cap-busting behaviour released in full, rather than withheld at the request of Saracens’ lawyers, and would like the club to reconsider its stance.'

'Those running the league are also sensitive to the reputational damage to the sport and Childs has confirmed that, had they not accepted relegation, Saracens would have been required to open their books to show exactly how they remunerated a squad who have won three of the past four European titles and five domestic titles in the past decade.'

shrewsburyman 23 January, 2020 08:46
It seems that Sky now have the complete 103 page report.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net