Latest news:

Worcester Wolves win BBL Cup
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 27 January, 2020 19:00
Worcester Wolves win BBL Cup
Faithful_City 27 January, 2020 19:00
Fantastic for them and the city

Quote:

https://worcesterwolves.org/wp-content/uploads/DSC_7955-1024x683.jpeg

Worcester Wolves have secured British basketball’s first silverware of the season by lifting the BBL Cup after a pulsating 67-59 victory over Bristol Flyers at a packed Arena Birmingham on Sunday.

A huge turnout of Worcester fans were amongst a record 9244 spectators entertained by a match that Wolves led from start to finish, but which remained undecided until the final moments.

Worcester accumulated a 41-27 lead early in the second half only to see Bristol keep the pot boiling by closing the advantage to just 63-59 with half a minute remaining in the contest.

Coach Matt Newby expressed his delight at his side’s success, saying: “Our players deserve massive credit for how hard they prepared for the final. They followed the scouting report, adhered to the game plan and we kept Bristol’s key players in check.

“Winning today means such a lot for the club, for all our fans and for me personally.

“Management have been outstanding in their support. A sports franchise is never easy to manage. Mick Donovan has produced a programme from scratch and has given me the opportunity to come to Worcester.

“For fans, I know it’s been a rough ride for a few years. It’s important that they are rewarded for supporting us through thick and thin. There’s a great family-orientation here with a genuine affectation for me and the players.

“For me personally, I’ve had highs and lows in basketball so being a part of this success in Worcester means a great deal to me and my family.”

Full Report HERE

JP

Re: Worcester Wolves win BBL Cup
w4rriorz1980 29 January, 2020 08:37
Quote:
Faithful_City
Fantastic for them and the city
Quote:

https://worcesterwolves.org/wp-content/uploads/DSC_7955-1024x683.jpeg

Worcester Wolves have secured British basketball’s first silverware of the season by lifting the BBL Cup after a pulsating 67-59 victory over Bristol Flyers at a packed Arena Birmingham on Sunday.

A huge turnout of Worcester fans were amongst a record 9244 spectators entertained by a match that Wolves led from start to finish, but which remained undecided until the final moments.

Worcester accumulated a 41-27 lead early in the second half only to see Bristol keep the pot boiling by closing the advantage to just 63-59 with half a minute remaining in the contest.

Coach Matt Newby expressed his delight at his side’s success, saying: “Our players deserve massive credit for how hard they prepared for the final. They followed the scouting report, adhered to the game plan and we kept Bristol’s key players in check.

“Winning today means such a lot for the club, for all our fans and for me personally.

“Management have been outstanding in their support. A sports franchise is never easy to manage. Mick Donovan has produced a programme from scratch and has given me the opportunity to come to Worcester.

“For fans, I know it’s been a rough ride for a few years. It’s important that they are rewarded for supporting us through thick and thin. There’s a great family-orientation here with a genuine affectation for me and the players.

“For me personally, I’ve had highs and lows in basketball so being a part of this success in Worcester means a great deal to me and my family.”

Full Report HERE

JP
I've recorded it.Will be watching in due course!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Re: Worcester Wolves win BBL Cup
w4rriorz1980 30 January, 2020 23:20
I spotted Craig Gillies in the 'Wolfpack' crowd!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net