Latest news:

Tom Howe signed on again
Discussion started by Garym , 28 January, 2020 16:03
Tom Howe signed on again
Garym 28 January, 2020 16:03
Good thing or bad thing after his performance on Saturday? Good c luck to him though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2020 16:06 by Garym.

Re: Tom Howe signed on again
Faithful_City 28 January, 2020 17:28
It's good we have signed extensions for many of our young guns but you have to hope they realise their supposed potential.

Not sure on this one.

JP

Fiver 28 January, 2020 17:58
Are we being harsh based on one slightly dodgy performance? Everyone was singing his praises not so long ago.

Faithful_City 28 January, 2020 18:04
No, I think many were asking why he wasn't getting a start, well now he has had a few and his style for me lacks what is needed to play with our form of attack.

He is a great finisher and very quick but we just don't put him in the right place to use those skills.

We need wingers like Heem, big powerful and can make their own space. How is a finisher not a creator.

JP

ROLLO 28 January, 2020 18:53
Howe is a good finisher I will agree. If you saw how the Wasps K..... skinned him on Saturday I am not sure how quick he is.

centrethere 28 January, 2020 20:54
Once a playerís got 2 yards on you and youíre facing the other way, do your legs work mentally . Almost no chance in my book. Why was there so much space out there and for another try possibly? When backs are not confident or under pressure they shuffle up and leave the wing hanging out on a frozen line ready to get smacked

Give-IT 29 January, 2020 13:46
I think we might need to give Howe the benefit of the doubt. He is typically very solid defensively and has a great turn of speed. I think he might still be injured and given a run in the premiership will show his stuff.

rugby- world 29 January, 2020 14:41
I think its harsh based on one game-he won player against London Irish.was one of the better players at the Saracens match and had been off for 2 weeks with an injury that obviously showed in the 2nd half that he wasnt up to normal speed.
If it had not been kicked backwards and forwards we may have got another result
Perry -Shillcock hardly impressed

Drahm for England 29 January, 2020 16:11
I'd say the jury is still out on him, he's got to prove himself in his all round game in the Prem, not just finishing. Perhaps there is more space out the in the Cavs/ECC and he isn't quite defensively tight yet. Personally I think we need another brute of a winger to bash a few holes like Bryce used to. Humphreys is doing well.

Sheldon 29 January, 2020 21:21
In my view he is great going forward and a liability going back

I f we had Josh on Saturday I believe we would have conceded two less tries

I hope he gets to 50 caps really quickly and they keep his girlfriends job open at the hospital

centrethere 29 January, 2020 21:31
All good wings for many years in the premiership have to be electric speed and brute tacklers as there is usually no one behind hence they need to fill a bigger gap than all others and have sone fear factor towards the opposite number.

Fiver 30 January, 2020 09:30
One of the things I've noticed over the years is that some clubs defend the wings way better than we do. A few seasons ago Quins stopped us scoring when you'd have bet your mortgage it was a stroll in for us in the corner. It was all about positioning, very little about tackle technique.

I feel our back three need more training in how that is done.

shrewsburyman 30 January, 2020 10:34
FH may have been a little off the pace recently but his defensive effort was clearly missed on Saturday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net