a lot of minus points
Discussion started by centrethere , 29 January, 2020 12:45
a lot of minus points
centrethere 29 January, 2020 12:45
Saracens deducted 105 points and now on minus 77

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: a lot of minus points
Inbox 29 January, 2020 12:54
Me thinks it might be better to apply -35 points to their next two campaigns rather than total the whole lot to this season given they are relegated. But I suppose many are of the opinion “How much kicking can you do, once they are down?”

Faithful_City 29 January, 2020 12:58
I agree the action is to punish not destroy.

I am more than happy for them to get it all over in one go, then comeback whiter than white and kick 4ss

JP

Garym 29 January, 2020 16:57
Quote:
Inbox
Me thinks it might be better to apply -35 points to their next two campaigns rather than total the whole lot to this season given they are relegated. But I suppose many are of the opinion “How much kicking can you do, once they are down?”

It is so that they finish bottom. The championship clubs were ready to invoke the PRL clause which says the bottom club is relegated, which meant 2 clubs could have been relegated. The latest points deduction means sarries will finish bottom

Inbox 29 January, 2020 19:11
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Inbox

It is so that they finish bottom. The championship clubs were ready to invoke the PRL clause which says the bottom club is relegated, which meant 2 clubs could have been relegated. The latest points deduction means sarries will finish bottom

Understood.

Sheldon 29 January, 2020 21:17
I wonder how many seasons they will have to spend in the championship given they have to prove to successive seasons under the salary cap?

centrethere 29 January, 2020 21:22
Anyone confirm there is a salary cap in the championship. . I think they have a free ride until half way through the season after next when they have to confirm again that by end of season they will be under the cap.

Faithful_City 29 January, 2020 21:25
No salary cap in the champioship

By promotion criteria states they must be under the premiership cap the season they qualify for promotion

JP

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR 29 January, 2020 22:10
[quote Garym][quote Inbox]Me thinks it might be better to apply -35 points to their next two campaigns rather than total the whole lot to this season given they are relegated. But I suppose many are of the opinion “How much kicking can you do, once they are down?”[/quote]

It is so that they finish bottom. The championship clubs were ready to invoke the PRL clause which says the bottom club is relegated, which meant 2 clubs could have been relegated. The latest points deduction means sarries will finish bottom[/quote

A clause put in to save Leicester from the drop maybe?

centrethere 29 January, 2020 22:12
Meaning they only have a season and a half to get back under the salary cap

Garym 29 January, 2020 22:13
[quote SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR][quote Garym][quote Inbox]Me thinks it might be better to apply -35 points to their next two campaigns rather than total the whole lot to this season given they are relegated. But I suppose many are of the opinion “How much kicking can you do, once they are down?”[/quote]

It is so that they finish bottom. The championship clubs were ready to invoke the PRL clause which says the bottom club is relegated, which meant 2 clubs could have been relegated. The latest points deduction means sarries will finish bottom[/quote

A clause put in to save Leicester from the drop maybe?[/quote]

Or in my pessimistic current state - us!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net