Latest news:

Marco Mama, Hosts new PodCast
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 29 January, 2020 18:56
Marco Mama, Hosts new PodCast
Faithful_City 29 January, 2020 18:56
For all you guys-n-gals

Quote:
The Offy
Warriors have created a brand new podcast for 2020 hosted best back-row Marco Mama. The show will run on a monthly basis and feature interviews and in-depth discussions with players and coaches at the club.

In our first episode Marco Mama chats to Defence

& Kicking Strategy Coach Omar Mouneimne. The pair talk about rugby philosophy, coaching styles, salary cap and social media.

Those on Spotify can listen by clicking here or else you can download it by clicking here.

We are looking for a podcast name; any suggestions, questions and comments can be emailed to podcast@warriors.co.uk

I will make the Links permanently available in Pandora's Box and on the Banner

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2020 19:20 by Faithful_City.

Re: Marco Mama, Hosts new PodCast
Fiver 30 January, 2020 09:01
I've just listened to the podcast. Very interesting indeed, although what Omar says hasn't seemed to have transferred onto the pitch in the last few games.

Barbourne flanker 31 January, 2020 08:21
wow rugby has changed since I played, more details of what is going wrong in defense please

I wish I had Omar's optimism regarding the way the club is going!

Fiver 31 January, 2020 17:03
It was interesting listening to what Omar had to say when questioned about the kicking. What I feel he's missing is that it's made us too predictable. Wasps pulled back three players each time we had the ball in our half and made their counter attack much easier.

To add to this, our kicks were poor, either too long or straight down the throat of a speedy Wasp.

Whilst I agree that playing rugby in your own half is very risky, you should also play what's in front of you. If the opposition drop three players back, then that's three players out of the defensive line.

Also, learn to kick contestable kicks, and once that is done, learn to contest them. We gave their catchers an armchair ride by waiting for the catch, and then going for a dominant hit. Much better to try and catch it ourselves, or at least force the knock on.

In my view, once you're predicable, you better be Sarries good, or else you're going to lose games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net