Latest news:

GJVV: Not on top form
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 31 January, 2020 10:55
GJVV: Not on top form
Faithful_City 31 January, 2020 10:55
A player who is as honest as the come and truly plays for Worcester

Quote:
Worcester News

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/resources/images/10947670.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

He acknowledges he has not grasped the nettle to nail down a starting spot but insists there is only one route back to his best.

“There are certain aspects of my game that have not been as good as they have been in the past,” said van Velze.

“That’s going to happen in your career, there will be times when you’re on top and times when you’re not and I am clearly at a stage when I am not on top of my game.

“Sadly, the only way you correct that is to play more and more rugby and all any rugby player wants is an equal opportunity to play well.

“I have had opportunities where I haven’t played well so it is a matter of time where I have to go and assess where I am and what I can bring to my game.

“It is almost similar to players who have long-term injuries, they come back really refreshed so I just have to find that point of difference within the game, the 80 minutes we play.

Full Article HERE

JP

Re: GJVV: Not on top form
Faithful_City 31 January, 2020 10:57
I am sure the vast majority of the players will also know when they are not hitting their straps and are all trying to get there.

JP

Barbourne flanker 04 February, 2020 10:02
it's going to take a lot to replace Cornell

VV wasn't first choice when he left Northampton

AJWarriors 04 February, 2020 13:51
Replace Cornell? As in covering him while he’s away?

In that sense yes I agree completely. For me GJ is far too slight to be a number 8. He’s definitely not a big ball carrier in my eyes and I always saw him as a 6.

Cornell is that aggressive hard man you need in the back row and breaks the gainline but other than him we don’t really have any big monsters like a Nathan Hughes or Alex Dombrandt that cover Cornell as of yet.

The last one we had that was huge was Semesi Taulava

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net