Josh at it again
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 01 February, 2020 14:50
Josh at it again
Faithful_City 01 February, 2020 14:50
2 tries already

JP

Re: Josh at it again
AJWarriors 01 February, 2020 15:05
Sickening knowing just how good he is now..for us not him. Still a massive fan of his and itís brilliant seeing him do so well even if it is for Wales. Heís one player Id love us to have back. Heís such a good player and his progression has been amazing in such a short space of time.

Refuse to lose 01 February, 2020 16:07
Hat trick😀😀

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 16:11 by Refuse to lose.

w4rriorz1980 01 February, 2020 16:09
Hat-trick!

14 tries in 22 appearances!

Only 38 more games til he returns.....

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Faithful_City 01 February, 2020 16:09
Well done Josh and it was Vesty that brought him to us who was also the best backs coach we have had.

JP

Faithful_City 01 February, 2020 16:11
And how good does Tompkins look

Fast Eddie ignored him and now heís gone!

JP

Sheldon 01 February, 2020 17:18
I thought it was 50 caps not sixty . Oh well I guess if he isn't injured and does the summer tours then that's about four years.

Grasshopper 01 February, 2020 19:20
So pleased for him & proud that, with the Warriors help, brought him on to where he is today!

Exiled Falcon 01 February, 2020 22:26
Quote:
Faithful_City
And how good does Tompkins look
Fast Eddie ignored him and now heís gone!

JP

Eddie canít be held accountable if players want to swop allegiance surely. The guy played for our under 20s now heís suddenly more Welsh than Ruth Jones.

Faithful_City 01 February, 2020 23:10
Not quite correct there exiled, he tried to play for England with Wales trying to coax him over, then when England totally snubbed him he made the tough choice of accepting the Welsh selection.

But then he was behind Slade, Joseph, Farrell and Tuilagi and may open a slot for Lawrence.

JP

Exiled Falcon 01 February, 2020 23:17
I may be really old fashioned Faithful in that I am English so wouldnít consider representing any other country, not that either was ever going to happen! I just find it disappointing when players jump countries, not just Tomkins, heís certainly not the first. Just makes a mockery of international representation when you can switch allegiances.

Blue&GoldWarrior 02 February, 2020 08:16
If he keeps up this sort if form heís got to be a shoe in for the Lions

Faithful_City 02 February, 2020 08:33
Tompkinsí DNA is as much Welsh as he is English, so I donít have any problem unlike the vunipolaís who have no English DNA.

However if you qualify by residency, then why not as you are living in the country you are playing for and have done for several years.

Itís similar to myself, almost 50 years in Worcester, married a girl from Worcester, all my children went to school in Worcester, so am I Worcester or am I Manchester?

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2020 08:49 by Faithful_City.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net