1 Mako Vunipola
2 Jamie George
3 Kyle Sinckler
4 Maro Itoje
5 George Kruis
6 Lewis Ludlam
7 Sam Underhill
8 Tom Curry.

SUBS: 16 Tom Dunn, 17 Ellis Genge, 18 Will Stuart, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 Courtney Lawes, 21 Ben Earl, 22 Ben Youngs, 23 Ollie Devoto

Not sure that those changes will have any effect it is the 8, 9, 10 axis that was poor and this is no different

JP

Re: England Team to play Scotland
Faithful_City 06 February, 2020 12:04
Quote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/06/10/24386548-7973455-image-a-49_1580984413575.jpg

Jones has made sweeping changes to England's team to face Scotland with four players dropped from the starting XV.

biggest statement is at scrum-half, where long-standing No 9 Ben Youngs has been replaced by Willi Heinz.

Saracens pair Mako Vunipola and George Kruis have returned to the front-five, with Lewis Ludlam taking over the No 6 jersey from Courtney Lawes.

Full Article HERE

JP

NW2 06 February, 2020 13:54
This just gets weirder. I thought Lawes was one of the better players against France. Thank goodness he has seen sense though and isn't starting with Youngs again. Shame he didn't put Farrell at 10.

Whispering_Death 06 February, 2020 16:48
It seems to be that if England play badly its Fordís fault. Heís playing outside Youngís and behind a pack that in the last two games has been physically dominated. And Farrell was as bad as anyone on the pitch. I was watching Sinclair all game and he took the ball standing still and just fell to the ground (often backwards) on the tackle. Thatís not how he usually plays, we just seem to have lost an edge.

Scotland should have won last weekend and given our form their crowd will be well up for it. Hopefully we see a response.

WarwickEastie 06 February, 2020 17:09
To be fair - some individuals had uncharacteristically poor games - like Farrell and Sinckler. You don't chuck out a player of that experience on one poor performance, and who's to say the replacement will be any better.

Difficult to drop Furbank after 1 outing - he should get another chance for his form in the prem.

That said, it was very obvious we missed a proper ball carrying 8 - not sure ludlam is the answer. Youngs was poor, but I think now that we have Heinz as established back up, it's the right call to use him.

Murrayfield in a storm isn't ideal for getting the show back on the road - but we're going to find out what this squad is made of. Broadly I think the changes are reasonable from where we are.
WE

Villages12 06 February, 2020 19:06
Panic selection with too many weak links !

Still people out of position and no place for Lawes, who I thought was the best plater in an England shirt on the day !

centrethere 06 February, 2020 21:43
As per the other string my view. Totally agree 8910

Fiver 06 February, 2020 23:10
Even Dimes said curry isn't a number 8, and that's at club level. We do have players who can play 8 in the Premiership, and very good ones at that. It just seems that Eddie doesn't like certain people no matter how well they play.

Dropping Youngs was the right thing to do, you can't have two bad games in a row and expect to keep your place. Given the weather, I'd suggest Heinz and Ford are the right choice. I still remember a 19 year old George Ford taking the Warriors apart single handed on a horrible wet evening at Sixways. He was the only player on the pitch who read the situation.

Offa 07 February, 2020 13:20
Some of his selections are mystifying.
Curry at 8, with a lock at 6 reminds me of Andy Robinson playing Corry, Sanderson and Moody all in the wrong positions. Daly is a terrific 13 (although when fit, Slade would always be my starter), but has never been a 15 or a winger.
Farrell was terrible on Saturday, and Itoje pretty average. I wondered if it was a Saracens effect, but we improved when Kruis came on.
We had one good player last week, May. Two pieces of individual brilliance flattered the scoreline in a match in which we were totally outplayed.

Faithful_City 07 February, 2020 14:20
Totally agree Offa

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net