Latest news:

Nanai OUT for the rest of the season
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 07 February, 2020 12:07
Nanai OUT for the rest of the season
Faithful_City 07 February, 2020 12:07
AND tom Howe out for 8 weeks - Mid April!!!

Quote:
The Offy

https://warriors.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/melnanweb.jpg

Warriors wing Melani Nanai will miss the rest of the season having undergone surgery for a shoulder injury.

Nanai joined Warriors from Super Rugby side Blues last summer and made eight appearances Ė all starts Ė before he suffered the shoulder injury in December.

The former Samoa Under-20s international has now had an operation to repair a torn muscle and remove a piece of floating bone.

Nanaiís fellow wing Tom Howe is expected to be sidelined for eight weeks because of a calf muscle injury which he suffered in the Gallagher Premiership match against Wasps two weeks ago.

Bloody marvellous!

JP

Re: Nanai OUT for the rest of the season
AJWarriors 07 February, 2020 12:53
Probably a blessing in disguise with Nanai. It will give him a full rest after his season with the Blues then coming straight here. It will give his body and mind a break because heís had a lot going on with the move over here and the birth of his daughter so he will come into next season hopefully firing in all cylinders.

NW2 07 February, 2020 12:59
Our injury list not looking good is it?

ROLLO 07 February, 2020 20:50
I hear what you say AJW but is he being paid as our Marquee player?
If so would expect at bit more that he is tired after a hard season and his wifes had a baby.
We will clearly miss what he may have been , but not the reality of what he has been.

AJWarriors 07 February, 2020 23:19
Iíve no idea Rollo? Iíd suspect so if Iím honest. As for the assessment I agree to an extent, but as Iíve said before I feel heís been played out of position and is his most dangerous at full back on the analysis Iíve done on him

ROLLO 08 February, 2020 09:28
Well Solly is quite clear that he is a winger so he has some work to do next season.
I am assuming he will return.

AJWarriors 08 February, 2020 10:40
You donít sound too keen Rollo?

Faithful_City 08 February, 2020 10:55
I will be honest neither am I AJ.

He has not covered himself in glory so far maybe he is not suited to Premiership rugby we have had 2 0r 3 like that before.

JP

Garym 08 February, 2020 11:09
interesting that every body from the SH that we talked to into Japan for the RWC said that he was an absolute superstar. Maybe Solly is like Eddie and feels that wing ih his best position while the rest of the world thinks different, just like the lack of a number 8 in the England team

Warrior7 09 February, 2020 12:59
Think some people are being pretty harsh based on what? A season where our attack has not functioned and only Perry has taken some tries.
Admittedly his defence wasn't the best for the Northampton away game but Nanai was class away at Quins and in the first part of the Glaws game. Apart from a few games to bed in and get used to Worcester (he also didn't have a full pre-season due to standby NZ cover) he hasn't had much opportunity to play. Certainly not in an attacking side which we need to be - otherwise there was no point in signing a player like him.

Some people are exceptionally quick to write off our players, especially some of our overseas signings and personally I don't see why. There are very few players who are instantly good for a new team, especially one most of the way across the world.

Offa 09 February, 2020 14:29
Agree Warrior7.
I have been impressed by what he has done with the few scraps that he has had. We have a very good player in Melani, and will be the poorer without him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net