16. Taufete'e
17. Bower
18. Palframan
19. A.Kitchener
20. Mama
21. Heaney
22. Lance
23. Beck

Pennell on the wing over van Breda for me as he has more experience there and is fantastic under the high ball. Pack pretty much picks itself with a few selection dilemmas on the bench.

Miller, GJVV, SVB and Venter all unlucky. I think this match will be played in grim conditions so Weir, Shillcock, Mills and Pennell all as kicking options makes a lot of sense!

Re: The Wednesday Team Prediction
WarwickEastie 12 February, 2020 12:47
I hadn't really thought about the weather when first contemplating the selection.

Houghaard brings experience - opportunity to control the game
Drop David and put Pennell on wing and Shilly to fullback makes sense (how about giving Van Breda a run at full back?)
Lawrence has to stay in given recent performances and Beck is a near shoe-in now - so Venter on the bench for me, or Mills if we want cover for 10 as well.
Ideally we want the biggest, nastiest pack we can find - what you guys have picked does it for me!

Faithful_City 12 February, 2020 12:52
Pennell no longer has the pace for wing in defence and attack.

beck is a very good winger and has pace he also defends hard like a good center.

So for me

15. Pennell
14. Humphreys
13. lawrence
12. Venter
11. Beck

Mills if fit on the bench otherwise van Breda

JP

centrethere 12 February, 2020 12:55
15 Chris Pennell
14 Perry Humphreys
13 Ollie Lawrence
12 Francois Venter
11 Scott van Breda
10 Duncan Weir
9 Francois Hougaard
1 Ethan Waller
2 Matt Moulds
3 Nick Schonert
4 Anton Bresler
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Ted Hill
7 Cornell du Preez
8 GJ van Velze
Finishers
16 Joe Taufeteíe
17 Callum Black
18 Richard Palframan
19 Andrew Kitchener
20 Marco Mama
21 Michael Heaney
22 Jono Lance
23 Jamie Shillcock

Hallowed Warrior 12 February, 2020 13:13
We may see a 6 forwards - 2 backs bench split allowing for the predicted weather and the non availability of some of our backs

Would like to see Van Breda involved for his kicking game - absolute monster of a boot

I think Lewis needs to start as he is one of our best players and a real nuisance at the breakdown

centrethere 12 February, 2020 13:50
Forgot Lewis, so
6 Hill
7 Lewis
8 Du Preez
20 GJVV

Mama - misses out
or a 6-2 and Shillcock misses out

MSR-Worcester 13 February, 2020 09:01
Quote:
centrethere
Forgot Lewis, so
6 Hill
7 Lewis
8 Du Preez
20 GJVV

Mama - misses out
or a 6-2 and Shillcock misses out

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 6:2 split to be fair. van Breda covers every position in the backline bar 9 so he makes a great option there.

Drahm for England 13 February, 2020 09:09
Mama has to be in the 23. He currently offers more than GJVV and is needing to earn a new contract so has real motivation to play well.

Faithful_City 13 February, 2020 09:52
Absolutely D4E

JP

Diverdave 13 February, 2020 10:03
Marco over GJ for me all the way, heís a more dynamic ball carrier and faster.

As for SVB I feel a first team spot on the bench a the least is warranted.

Faithful_City 13 February, 2020 10:14
Well if Mills leaves SVP is a pretty damn good replacement

JP

centrethere 13 February, 2020 13:19
I think AS rates Venter, Beck and Lawrence all above Mills, but none of them have a kicking-12 game, nor can play at 10. I think Mills has been trying to push his way straight back into the team after injury - AS has told him to go work on his game, so Mills has gone to work on his contract game instead. But, if AS is doing this to Mills, he should also seriously be considering putting Pennell in the same 'go to work on your game' box.

Drahm for England 13 February, 2020 14:01
I would suggest that AS has had precisely that conversation with CP bearing in mind he wasn't involved in the last Prem game. We are short of fit players in the back three, however!

Whispering_Death 13 February, 2020 16:27
Iím not sure thatís a fair comparison. Chris is clearly coming towards the end of his career. He isnít the player he was but I donít think heís played badly. Mills hasnít played well for a long time now and if the article is accurate I actually think itís quite laughable he feels Worcester is holding him back. If you look at the quality of players around him is he saying itís their fault he hasnít played well and their fault our attack hasnít functioned.

Garym 13 February, 2020 17:46
Quote:
Whispering_Death
Iím not sure thatís a fair comparison. Chris is clearly coming towards the end of his career. He isnít the player he was but I donít think heís played badly. Mills hasnít played well for a long time now and if the article is accurate I actually think itís quite laughable he feels Worcester is holding him back. If you look at the quality of players around him is he saying itís their fault he hasnít played well and their fault our attack hasnít functioned.

Totally agree and if he stopped kicking the ball mindlessly away then that might help our attack

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net