Latest news:

Team's Up
Discussion started by centrethere , 14 February, 2020 12:04
Team's Up
centrethere 14 February, 2020 12:04
Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Scott van Breda
13 Ollie Lawrence
12 Francois Venter
11 Nick David
10 Duncan Weir
9 Francois Hougaard
1 Ethan Waller
2 Matt Moulds (C)
3 Nick Schonert
4 Anton Brelser
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Ted Hill
7 Marco Mama
8 Cornell du Preez

Replacements
16 Joe Taufeteíe
17 Ryan Bower
18 Richard Palframan
19 Andrew Kitchener
20 Sam Lewis
21 Michael Heaney
22 Jono Lance
23 Ryan Mills

Re: Team's Up
AJWarriors 14 February, 2020 12:17
Really looking forward to seeing what Venter and Lawrence can do at centre. It looks a really exciting combination. Also excited for Nick David making his first start too.

Having said that itís quite telling that GJ hasnít even made the bench. I think next season we definitely need a change of captain. Iíve been watching a lot of the England episodes on YouTube lately and Owen Farrell is a brilliant captain. Talks well and always starts..thatís what we need

Re: Team's Up
Hallowed Warrior 14 February, 2020 12:25
Been impressed with Moulds as hooker and captain - however if he picks up a knock we are knackered with Big Joe on the bench - he canít hit a barn door in normal conditions let alone a gale

Re: Team's Up
WarwickEastie 14 February, 2020 12:33
Interesting to see Sam Lewis start on the bench and no sign of Shilly. Looking for Nick David to show us his 'all court' game. The fact that he's played a lot at fullback may be a help.

If the weather is to be believed, we'll need to kick really well and take our chances when they come.

Errors and penalties could be costly with points hard to come by.

Re: Team's Up
Offa 14 February, 2020 12:42
Also looking forward to seeing FV and Ollie in tandem, although tomorrow will not be the day - I don't expect the ball to get past 10 too often.
Also I think Marco is picked over Sam in order to play the conditions. His extra bulk will help in what will be a "stick it up your jumper " forwards battle.

Re: Team's Up
AJWarriors 14 February, 2020 13:02
Quote:
WarwickEastie
Interesting to see Sam Lewis start on the bench and no sign of Shilly. Looking for Nick David to show us his 'all court' game. The fact that he's played a lot at fullback may be a help.
If the weather is to be believed, we'll need to kick really well and take our chances when they come.

Errors and penalties could be costly with points hard to come by.

Shilly is injured Warwick Eastie

Re: Team's Up
Faithful_City 14 February, 2020 13:21
I think Marco is picked to earn a contract

JP

Re: Team's Up
Garym 14 February, 2020 14:22
Quote:
AJWarriors
Really looking forward to seeing what Venter and Lawrence can do at centre. It looks a really exciting combination. Also excited for Nick David making his first start too.
Having said that itís quite telling that GJ hasnít even made the bench. I think next season we definitely need a change of captain. Iíve been watching a lot of the England episodes on YouTube lately and Owen Farrell is a brilliant captain. Talks well and always starts..thatís what we need

I actually think Farrell is a terrible captain, he is at best a flat track bulley. He is fine when things are going his way, but England- Scotland last season, England SA in the rwc final, England - France in Paris this season, Saracens vs Quins this season are all games which come to mind when the team he has captained had no plan B and he couldnít steer them out of adversity . I will agree he is loud and passionate but he needs more tactical nous.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 17:48 by Garym.

Re: Team's Up
centrethere 14 February, 2020 14:25
Bath Team - with a few former Worcester players in there

15. Tom Homer

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jackson Willison

12. Josh Matavesi

11. Ruaridh McConnochie

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Will Chudley

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Christian Judge

4. Josh McNally

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Tom Ellis

7. Francois Louw (C)

8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Jack Walker, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Sam Nixon, 19. Mike Williams, 20. Taulupe Faletau, 21. Chris Cook, 22. Freddie Burns, 23. Max Wright1

Re: Team's Up
ROLLO 14 February, 2020 19:47
That is a strong side with even Faletau on the bench !
A LBP may be a good result.

Re: Team's Up
kiddykid 14 February, 2020 21:37
If SvB angel Nick Earle are not overawed but inspired then this could be a really exciting line up. We need to get our mojo back.

Re: Team's Up
centrethere 14 February, 2020 21:55
Semesa Rokoduguni - Height: 1.84 m; Weight: 98 kg
Nick David - Height 1.83M; 82 KG

Not sure if they will be opposite, but that is a 16 kg excess difference for Semesa to catch David with

But our guys won't be overawed, but we know how good Willison can be. Also would expect Venter to get the better of Matavesi

Re: Team's Up
centrethere 15 February, 2020 00:12
So over the afternoon, the bookies have switched marginally from Bath to Worcester odds on.

Re: Team's Up
shrewsburyman 15 February, 2020 09:53
Are Beck and Humphreys both injured or left out?

Re: Team's Up
Faithful_City 15 February, 2020 10:15
Beck Illness, Humphreys Hip Injury

Re: Team's Up
Hallowed Warrior 15 February, 2020 21:00
Quote:
Hallowed Warrior
Been impressed with Moulds as hooker and captain - however if he picks up a knock we are knackered with Big Joe on the bench - he canít hit a barn door in normal conditions let alone a gale

Come on Solly - why do we keep playing a hooker who canít throw into the lineout - one of the core skills required

Re: Team's Up
kiddykid 16 February, 2020 10:01
My fat fingers are getting worse........Nick David, apologies!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net