Latest news:

Talk Rugby
Discussion started by Faithful_City , 21 March, 2020 08:50
Talk Rugby
Faithful_City 21 March, 2020 08:50
Who can remember those gatherings where we had guest speakers talking about their rugby stories?

Now we can't watch it or gather to talk about it, maybe we have to have "Virtual Talk Rugby" and what a great medium this is to do that.

Let's go back 15 years to our first season in the Premiership.

What a time that was! We would take 4 coach loads to all away games and 100's would get there under their own steam. We would generally out shout the home support and the words 'Warriors, Warriors, Warriors" would echo around the stadiums.

FANTASTIC!!!

Who can remember our first ever win in the Premiership, who was it against, what was the score, who scored?

JP

Re: Talk Rugby
Faithful_City 21 March, 2020 09:42
It may not be the best quality, it was filmed by a local video company along with every other game in the season.

I hope you enjoy it and that it takes you back to some great supporter times here at Sixways.

I will try and up load some others.

Has anyone got a preference?

JP

Faithful_City 21 March, 2020 11:58

Extended Highlights England Beat the All Blacks

What a game to remember this was prior to winning the World Cup

JP

Faithful_City 21 March, 2020 12:01
Who can remember that beautiful sunny Saturday when we played our very first Premiership game against Johnny Wilkinson's Newcastle Falcons.

What a day and what a crowd, the day we learnt all about the top level of English Rugby.

Can you name the match day 22?

JP

Malvern Man 21 March, 2020 14:23
It was a very hot day. We were well beaten and Rob Andrew made some very unpleasant remarks about how useless we were and would be relegated. Fortunately the players heard him and took revenge by winning at Kingston Park later in the season.

Faithful_City 21 March, 2020 18:36
I have now added the full match video of the Newcastle game.

You can find it on the bottom of the Fixtures and results page for 2005-05 season

Go to Fixturs and results
Click/select "Choose Your Season"
Scroll down and Click/Select "2004 - 2005"
Scroll down and all the match video's are there

I am only going to put up the wins, as its our site and we want to see OUR best bits.

If there is a match in the results you want to see just let me know and I will try and install it

Great making use of your time when in imposed isolation.

Enjoy - the quality is not the best but the source was the best tech they had at the time 15 years ago.

JP

Quick Link to 2004 - 2005 Season

Abmatt 21 March, 2020 19:33
Quote:
Malvern Man
It was a very hot day. We were well beaten and Rob Andrew made some very unpleasant remarks about how useless we were and would be relegated. Fortunately the players heard him and took revenge by winning at Kingston Park later in the season.

And I was at both. Remember them well.

Malvern Man 22 March, 2020 12:33
Yesterday, starved of my Saturday afternoon fix of rugby, I set up a simulation. At 3pm I sat on the sofa with my laptop and watched the 2004 game against Harlequins. At half-time I had a cup of tea and slice of cake for 15 minutes, then watched the second half. With no commentary, just crowd noise and faint announcements, it was sort of realistic. At 5.50 I was free for Saturday evening.

I remember that game quite well. We were desperate for a win, and after the third try it was looking safe. The two late tries were the icing on the cake. We had a superb pack and our scrum half was my man of the match. Lots of high tackles by today's standards but the referee (who?) let the game run nicely.

Faithful_City 22 March, 2020 12:41
Really glad you enjoyed it Malvern Man.

The next win was Warriors V Brive which will be up by tonight

First ever premiership game (Wuss v Falcons) is up now.

JP

Malvern Man 22 March, 2020 17:50
Thanks FC, you resurrected my day yesterday. However we lost the first game against Newcastle without scoring a try, so I may give that one a miss!

Faithful_City 22 March, 2020 18:09
However if you watch the game you will see we were quite dominant for most of the game, it was just the final pass/action that went wrong. We most certainly should have scored at least 3 tries.

Our first Prem game and a lesson in finishing and fitness.

JP

Malvern Man 22 March, 2020 22:36
Well, we're fit now but we still can't finish as seen against Northampton in our last game!

Faithful_City 23 March, 2020 15:00
Our very first European Fixture was against Brive played at Sixways and here it is

Enjoy!!

Faithful_City 23 March, 2020 18:54
What rugby memories do you have that could be shared with the rest of the members to help us get through this awful time in our history.

Coach trips, away games, foreign trips, thereís lots to talk about and we all have at least one interesting story to share.

Itís a tough time but we can all make it more bearable.

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net